Jump to content Jump to content

Ranked Online - empty lobby after race?

Hi I just dipped my tow into ranked Online but I'm finding the lobby gets reset after each race and I end up in a lobby all by myself. 

Is this by design or a glitch? 

Im assuming a glitch based on the overall poor state of this games release, but I assume nothing. 

Edited by TrovaMB
  • Agree 2

They seem to have fixed the crash issue with this solution, which for all intents puts you in the same spot anyway, it's just quicker to get to a new lobby. 

People complain about copy and paste, I wish they had just copied and pasted from 2020. While there were complaints about it, the basic structure was working well enough to enjoy your sessions and if you did find a good lobby, you could be in there a good few races. 

As a point, I booted up 2020 yesterday, lobbies are full...

• Agree 1

I've noticed a bug where sometimes I actually get to race online. 95% of the rest of my time on this brilliantly built game I spend either:

Clicking ranked play, short, to either get put into a lobby on my own in which no one will join, or to spectate a race in which I will be kicked out of at the end

Clicking ranked, standard play with the same end results

Clicking unranked short and standard to fail to join any session I may find

I really should know better than to keep spending money on this *****

• Agree 1
30 minutes ago, CptBalloonhands said:

I spent an entire HOUR earlier today trying to get into a lobby. It's ridiculous.

Even then I haven't had a 10+ player lobby actually go into a race since the first couple of nights of early access. 

The problem is being further spotlighted cos there's no one there a lot of the time, people know slight damage to the front wing ends the race, they know spinning cars aren't ghosted like they should be, they know they'll spend an hour for 1 5 lap race.. 

I can't blame them for staying away. 

• Agree 1

The online environment certainly seems broken. I find it quite unplayable right now.   I hate going back to 2020 but it seems to be the only option until they work things out. 

Was 2020 this bad when it came out for bugs and glitches? I didn't start paying until December so many most had been fixed? 

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem! Every time race is over when it load to lobby i am alone and it takes me 20-40 min to find new game :(

Has anyone solved it or heard from Codemasters?

The game is perfect accept online! Please fix online dear Codemasters <3

Did a couple of ranked races yesterday on PS5 and had the same problems. Every time I finished a race, I loaded into an empty lobby. I then pressed the "O"-button to go back to search a new lobby but instead I joined another lobby automatically. This is really strange and annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have the same. Can't join any social play sessions and more often than not it takes an hour to find a ranked game that doesn't put me in a room of my own.

Then 1 game and repeat....

The online implementation is a really terrible.