Jump to content Jump to content

Addressing AI inconsistency

I agree with you. It is my major complaint about this series. I find it even game breaking because every time I get into the second season; I'm being put of by starting another weekend because I have to lower the AI. If it was just by a margin of 1 or 2 you could live with being outperformed by AI on some circuits, but it's sometimes by a factor of 10. Codemaster has been consistent in making the AI inconsistent on various tracks.

• Agree 4

So playing with almost full assists (don’t judge me) and only optimizing the wing set up for the track I have wild AI fluctuations across tracks. I get that some people are faster or better on some tracks than others but if basically the computer is driving the car for me then the AI should be matching my pace, not being a second faster her, and a second slower there.

• Agree 1
On 8/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, Sonic6L said:

Gotta agree with this. 

I can play at 90 AI on Bahrain and be in the top 3, 90 AI on Spain and I'm in last place. 90 AI on Belgium and I'm in top 3. It's incredibly inconsistent. 

This.

Literally just commented on another thread saying the same. How MyTeam car is 2nd to last in the development list but can make it to 6th in qualy at spa, but 22nd at Spain is a mystery to me. Am running 90 difficulty.

There must be some way they can use the Time Trial data to process the times people are getting to update the AI ability.

Thinking about it, the Race Pace program available on practice sessions every weekend. They could farm the results of that data and produce a bell curve, then use this to set the AI ability.

Yes, it will take a while to gather the data, but surely it will lead to a more accurate AI.

Edited by Monzie83
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, RoundTheOutside said:

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but I think this is a significant problem that should be a priority area for offline players. We should not have to play this game without considering whether tracks are 'strong' or 'weak' for the AI. We should just be able to get on with playing the game because we enjoy the racing

This problem has been raised a lot, so I think that it is not that simple to address. However, I do agree wholeheartedly with your post, the only thing that made the games okay to put up with (for realistic career players at least) was being able to move around the difficulty between races. Still not a perfect solution, because I end up having to change the difficulty between sessions.

Removing this ability however, has forced me to run two separate campaigns (!) and to make use of individual grand prix races to get a feeling for the AI pace. This has meant that I spend around one to three days (after work) to get a feeling for the AI and then another two days to complete all practice sessions, qualifiying and the race.

This has been so frustrating that I consider going all in and get a real simulator. Not because I want that, but because at this point spending 5000 euros on a rig is better than playing F1 2021 - which makes me very sad indeed.

Thank EA for that. They rushed out the game before Codies even got to finish it. 😞

Honestly, I'm also thinking about dropping down to 50-55 from 60, because in most tracks like Monaco and Zandvoort, the AI basically rips me apart, and there's nothing I can do... 😭

Edited by NicoTheJoker
On 8/12/2021 at 8:16 AM, CityGhostGamer said:

Great ideas, OP. However, there's no real need to introduce a new hotlap session. You can just build it into the Qualification Pace practice programme!

Build it in to the track acclimatization programme. In FP1 you run that programme and get a recommended AI based on your speed and car development level.

• Agree 1