Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Tips & Tricks • Ask questions, share your own tips and more!

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can I be the new Jeff?

Only problem Your relaxing tones would rock me off to sleep where Jeff keeps me on my toes and angry with his constant wrong calls.   Taught me to be hyper aware... Last my team career had upgrade almost everything.  Russell my teammate.. pretty much every first stint in a  race.  You could throw a paper towel over the both off us.  But whenever I pit Russell pits same lap even when I change strategy at start off race.. So rather than give it everything on my in lap I’m easy off to make space or going around again.  

With new patch back to new myteam career and it’s a struggle going from fully upgraded car to brick on wheels.

With controller settings available you can adjust pretty much every setting... except one which pj has just made me think off... esp now we have no lean mode... I’ve always used auto gears and now I’m a old dog I’m not about to change to manual after decades off using auto...  although reassign down shift but keep upshift for short shifting...  so I think it would be useful to have  a adjustable short shift mode. Esp for wet races.    Or even rebrand  lean mode as it’s not being used anymore. As short shift... I miss lean mode cause i like using engine braking.   

Better explain myteam and developing your car

o bear in mind when you pick the ten year career modes.  Think long term.. I only play myteam... first season all you need to worry about is keep raising your acclaim... make sure you at end off season you’ve achieved your main sponsors objective... and just develop your car in terms off from the ground up.. think custom car tv programs. And the how they go about building a car

Chassis... first.. reduction then distribution... tyres brakes 

durability.. preparing  for future seasons. 

aero... drag  first:.... then downforce  both front and back develope together to keep setup balanced then drs.

Performance... engine upgrades pick Mercedes.. you’ll stay quick for most off the season..  without upgrades.. during the course off season I do upgrade two minor engine so I have ers upgrades for second season... 

when you’ve got a good chassis.. spec 2 and good aero spec 2 and durability spec one or two depending on how  much mechanical sympathy you have on track. 

Then performance upgrade.. but not engine... ers and fuel efficiency..  performance you should keep one or two spec behind the others...

No point having super powerful engine. When you’ve got a chassis tha can’t handle it and Aero not good enough to get maximum benefit

what R&d upgrades you develope first can have great effects on how your car behaves..  At first you car handles ok.. but it stil has poor chassis and aero.. and now you’ve just put a Mercedes lump into it... so now it’s harder  to control under accelerating turning and braking.. so you need to help it... losing weight helps with everything...    more weight you can lose the better.. your morbid obese you need to be anorexic.  If you think real F1.  They carry 0 excess weight.  So all the time you have undeveloped weight r&d it’s means? Your still to fat.

weight reduction on a car just like us humans.  Has maximum benefits and almost 0 negatives,.. not only does weight massively help handling. Accelerating braking. Top speed..  But also reduces wear and tear on your components.  

In you want you can drop ai difficulty and set up the game so you can win every race and become world champion.. but think about this.  You may be able adjust ai difficulty.  That’s not the same as career difficultly.  Which you can’t change...  If you dominate all on  track first season.  The game start misbehaving and unbalanced..  The game expects you to perform on track relative to your teams position.... so the game needs you to set the ai accordingly. So you can play the game as designed

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Hammerpgh62 said:

I have this same problem of over wearing the engine because I tend to need to put in a lot of practice to get in the groove. I’ve decided I’m going to perhaps forego p3 based on the above comments.

First season.  Durability is a nightmare esp at the start... practice laps keep to the bare minimum.  I just pass the practice programs.   But I have the benefit off knowing myteam career inside out and know the tracks and my setups I like to use.  You need to accept you are a low ranked team and ranking up takes time... Should aim to r&d durability to minimum spec 1 as early as you can.... Esp ice turbo and your electrical systems.. Does not benefit you much first season.. second season it’s a good platform.  Also durability upgrades do not increase you teams ranking and first season that’s a good thing... you start the 7th ranked team... you want to finish the season ranked no higher than 6th.. 7th is better...  The higher your team ranked the more expectations are put on you...  ie you’ll be expected to qualify higher and finish in higher... if you don’t negatively effects acclaim..  Staying as a bottom team you get away with performing badly without negative effects on acclaim 

Edited by ScaredDuck

Help please. So I see all the times have been deleted from time trial. Is this due to a change of handling and if so, have people been changing their set ups? 

I only play multiplayer and steal a decent set up I'm comfortable with from the top of the leaderboards. I have no idea what I'm doing changing it myself. 

To do this for all tracks is at least several hours work and I last did this in the 2 weeks after release.

So my concern now is all my set ups are all out of date. Or is the change so minor that previous set ups are still going to be suitable?

Advice would be appreciated to potentially save me the time of updating each track. Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack11 said:

Help please. So I see all the times have been deleted from time trial. Is this due to a change of handling and if so, have people been changing their set ups? 

I only play multiplayer and steal a decent set up I'm comfortable with from the top of the leaderboards. I have no idea what I'm doing changing it myself. 

To do this for all tracks is at least several hours work and I last did this in the 2 weeks after release.

So my concern now is all my set ups are all out of date. Or is the change so minor that previous set ups are still going to be suitable?

Advice would be appreciated to potentially save me the time of updating each track. Cheers!

Also are times generally slower? My lap times seem to be down and just wondering whether it's set up related or just generally slower cars since update. 

@Whiskeyjack11 yep, that's because of the performance patch. It basically made the car more draggy, slowing them down.

Laptimes are slower as a result.

The car will handle differently but so far not to the point of making me change my own setups.

That's a handling patch coming too. We don't know how extensive will be the changes, Codies has only said that the main purpose is to correct a non intended behavior on slow speed corners. 

34 minutes ago, marioho said:

@Whiskeyjack11 yep, that's because of the performance patch. It basically made the car more draggy, slowing them down.

The car will handle differently but so far not to the point of making me change my own setups.

That's a handling patch coming too. We don't know how extensive will be the changes, Codies has only said that the main purpose is to correct a non intended behavior on slow speed corners. 

@marioho is that handling path the same already given to e-sports players? Maybe there are some reviews coming from them!!!!

57 minutes ago, marioho said:

Ah perfect. Thanks very much!