Jump to content Jump to content

Balancing the AI, how do they use the ERS

I’m trying to balance out the AI a bit to match my speed, but I’m struggling to find the right balance when using ERS. Does anyone know if and how often the AI use their ERS during a lap? Do they always use it on the straights for example? Or do they only use it if they want to overtake?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

I’m trying to balance out the AI a bit to match my speed, but I’m struggling to find the right balance when using ERS. Does anyone know if and how often the AI use their ERS during a lap? Do they always use it on the straights for example? Or do they only use it if they want to overtake?

Great question 

Can you not run a few laps and watch an ai back in cockpit mode?

Haven't needed it on F1 but that's how I figured out their mental gear ratios which were murdering me at Le Mans on PC2 lol. 

• Like 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
7 minutes ago, KNT2011 said:

Can you not run a few laps and watch an ai back in cockpit mode?

That's the best way.

Also, if you have the Auto ERS assist I would imagine it deploys it in similar ways to the AI (that's my guess anyway).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Don't forget to compare your speedtrap record in qualifying with your teammate to determine your wing settings, they always use the same setting on the same track even when if it's wet condition, I do this to balance my car performance compare with the field. 

The way AI uses their ERS is pretty worse to be fair. When I am pushing my ERS to the limits, not caring about wear. I can easily hold Perez behind me when being in My Team as the second last team. Red Bull being the second.

Edited by UndercoverNL