Jump to content Jump to content

Strange things happen in the wet

Just finished a GP at Gilles Villeneuve with changing weather conditions; wet - dry - wet - dry.

Two observations:

1. Jeff was completely off, saying e.g. “rain is expected” when it already was raining and we were racing on Wets.

2. As the race draw to a close and the final wet session transformed to dry, all AI drivers headed for the pits to change from Intermediate to Intermediate! Consequently, they pitted again the following lap to Mediums. Which also is weird, as there were <10 laps remaining, so Softs were the obvious choice.

C101694E-E54C-473A-BDB8-E2647798370F.png

52 minutes ago, erik3375 said:

Jeff was completely off,

I’ve had him tell me “rain is expected in ten minutes” as I turned the last corner on the last lap of a race at Spain.

🤦🏽‍♂️ He’s not the sharpest tool in the box…

• Haha 1

What was the session length? 50%?

I ran a quickie Bahrain 25% just to humor my itchy fingers and had three drivers pitting on the last lap. Wing damage apparently. But it would have been better result wise to just soldier on?

8 hours ago, Monzie83 said:

I’ve had him tell me “rain is expected in ten minutes” as I turned the last corner on the last lap of a race at Spain.

🤦🏽‍♂️ He’s not the sharpest tool in the box…

That is important information so one can decide whether to bring an umbrella or not to the prize ceremony. Jeff is one step ahead.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, marioho said:

What was the session length? 50%?

I ran a quickie Bahrain 25% just to humor my itchy fingers and had three drivers pitting on the last lap. Wing damage apparently. But it would have been better result wise to just soldier on?

100%.

I am not the one complaining and I am enjoying the game, but it does feel rushed to release and unfinished. Here’s hoping 1.05 sorts out the majority of the remaining quirks.

Jeff is off since years now. Always the same complaints from players and nothing has changed. Please CM don’t ask for a bug report on this. You know for a long time ago.

another example: « 5 laps of fuel remaining ». Ok, Jeff this is the final lap of the race and as there is no victory lap, it should be Ok.

my dream: a team radio between Jeff and Kimi!🤪

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, erik3375 said:

That is important information so one can decide whether to bring an umbrella or not to the prize ceremony. Jeff is one step ahead.

I was nowhere near the points, let alone the podium 😂