Jump to content Jump to content

Boycotting Germany for my own sanity and enjoyment.

IHazABone

G37L057 said:
IHazABone said:
Performance on the stages is utterly gross compared to the others - I have to drop my settings from max to low to run 50+ FPS and get rid of stuttering, whereas I can get 60 everywhere else but some locations on Greece. For now I'm just going to retire every time it comes to Germany. Hope Finland isn't like this. 
Seriously? Other than RX tracks, Germany is where I have the most FPS regardless of the place and weather. I get the biggest FPS hit on Monte Carlo, dropping below 70FPS on some parts and 60FPS whenever there's a night stage or snow (my monitor is overclocked to 70Hz, thus I have  a 70FPS lock). Lord Bahamut forbid both... then it goes down to 40FPS nightmare at some points -_-

Funny how the performance differs for people though. My advice for you would be to break early, increse the camber to -1.0 for better cornering grip and max out the diff lock (both front and rear) for best traction and stability. Playing with differential pre-load should help, so make sure you use those shakedowns to nail down the setup before you start the rally. And when you know there's the wobbly tarmac coming up, just slow down and keep it half throttle for the sake of keeping it under control ;)

Also, if I was able to score 3 WR times with a gamepad and get consistently to Top 20 on other Germany stages, you can do it as well ;) Patience, practice and a lot of stage restarts should do the trick :D
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347983778183313/9D37B1F07CF8D83AF22E1CD69147E123DC74D8C5/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347983778182849/9AE8CBC69BDE0C0EEB9F3A6F07F1015D3A92AC20/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/617347983778182406/E3A7C89162C201782B92A68A91157F5E0F7B4EEF/
I saw this post and saw it as challenge. Sorry to say i've just beaten your Verbundsring time by 1.4 seconds.
I also do the best on German stages because you don't have to react as much and the driving techniques on tarmac are a little simpler. Using a lot of throttle or turning sharply and making fast weight transitions are the big no-nos, but once you get the feel for how gentle to be it is actually quite fun. Not as fun as sliding the perfect corner on dirt but good for a change of style.
I saw this post and saw it as challenge. Sorry to say i've just beaten your Verbundsring time by 1.4 seconds.
No worries, I knew posting it here would mean I won't have it any longer xD Without a steering wheel I can get to Top 20 at best, WR only when the track is deserted xD
Skunkmeister said:
Not as fun as sliding the perfect corner on dirt but good for a change of style.
I find drifting perfectly around the tight hairpins in Germany (and Monte Carlo for that matter) the most fun of all things in this game :D Looks epic as well :D

Archived