Jump to content Jump to content

Real Season Start is disappointing

48 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Haha, maybe. There’s just so much missing that should be there for an F12021 game, but i know i sound like a broken record!

The driving model is better this year, to be fair, but i definitely see it as an improvement/iteration rather than a big new feature.

It's harder to make a selling point but give me a choice between the new handling model or Real Season Start where I could play as any real F1 driver and I'd pick the former.

For many I think the 2 player career mode is a big new feature, although not one I'll use myself.

• Agree 1

I play quite a lot of Two Player Career myself with my brother and it really is a cool addition, I actually wish you could do a MyTeam career in the future where you can sign an online driver as your team mate. Doubt this will be added in the near future but could be very cool.

I'm still struggling with the new handling a bit, but I think I'm getting more and more comfortable each race. The only thing that bothers me are the tyre pressures. In real life, the teams always want to go to the minimum, if you do that in this game, you will only spin in high speed corners. You need to go way higher on pressures, feels unrealistic in my opinion.

• Agree 1

Not being able to play as Max or Lewis in this new mode especially this season is crazy, what a way to shoot yourself in the foot! I guess the same people that decided that were the same ones that decided a solid bright white menu system on HDR tv's would work well lol

I notice this year more than ever we are being stonewalled on suggestions or requests to have features added back that we once had. Any request or suggestion seems to be taken as an affront to the designers and basically is met with a 'we worked hard, we made the correct choices, we didn't see the need for it' sort of response, almost a 'don't critique our masterpiece'  I have requested many features from last years game that are gone and have been told essentially 'nah we didn't see the point of having it in this years game' Some serious omissions, bad ideas design in this years game. The team do a great job and work hard, but listening to what your core fans of the series have to say is important. 

I get the feeling they want it to be like the Project Cars forum here, a positive praise echo chamber

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, TomAAA said:

I notice this year more than ever we are being stonewalled on suggestions or requests to have features added back that we once had. Any request or suggestion seems to be taken as an affront to the designers and basically is met with a 'we worked hard, we made the correct choices, we didn't see the need for it' sort of response, almost a 'don't critique our masterpiece'  I have requested many features from last years game that are gone and have been told essentially 'nah we didn't see the point of having it in this years game' Some serious omissions, bad ideas design in this years game. 

I get the feeling they want it to be like the Project Cars forum here, a positive praise echo chamber

Where are you getting the responses that you're describing? Is the private communication between you and Codemasters? If not please link to some examples as I don't recognise what you're describing. Rather I'd suggest that right now Codemasters staff are principally concerned with bugs, although I do think there's at least a chance the game save situation may be improved in the not too distant future.

• Agree 1
21 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Where are you getting the responses that you're describing? 

Just answers to my posts and reading other answers on others peoples posts. And also lack of response thereof too. Like I said it's just my personal opinion, just like it is my personal opinion of the way the forum is going. The fact that you are white knighting reminds me exactly of that other forum where any complaint results in instant defence posts. Now is essentially the only time things can realistically be requested as the window for any real changes rapidly diminishes, the end of life cycle for development/changes on a yearly games such as this is pretty short.

Edited by TomAAA
4 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

If I'm honest about it I don't think they will. It's easy to say it wouldn't be a big patch but you're talking about removing the career element as you can't have that with a real driver, at least we think due to licensing reasons, and if you were able to add it here you'd need to also add the option to full career mode. 

So you're talking about programming the above or converting this into a championship style mode (which it should have been from the beginning) and I just don't see the resources being allocated to do it, given the sheer amount of bugs and problems around the game that will need to be worked on as it stands. 

It might be something they take on board for next year. Of course I'd love to be surprised, I'm not trying to be negative just to be negative, I just can't see it being a priority for a patch. 

Why can you not be a real driver because of the license?

Edited by peanutt2000
23 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Just answers to my posts and reading other answers on others peoples posts. And also lack of response thereof too. Like I said it's just my personal opinion, just like it is my personal opinion of the way the forum is going. The fact that you are white knighting reminds me exactly of that other forum where any complaint results in instant defence posts. Now is essentially the only time things can realistically be requested as the window for any real changes rapidly diminishes, the end of life cycle for development/changes on a yearly games such as this is pretty short.

It's extremely rare for someone who actually works on the game itself to post here though which is why I was surprised to see you describe the sort of responses you mentioned. I suspect they don't actually exist. Complaining about posts being seemingly ignored is totally fair though. I wish there could be more of a Codemasters presence on this forum.

Barry has acknowledged some suggestions though and passed them on. AI performance in high-speed corners for example. Obviously we'll only know in time if anything is changed.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Where are you getting the responses that you're describing? Is the private communication between you and Codemasters? If not please link to some examples as I don't recognise what you're describing. Rather I'd suggest that right now Codemasters staff are principally concerned with bugs, although I do think there's at least a chance the game save situation may be improved in the not too distant future.

Yeah, that took me by surprise too. This Chat is the only forum I visit often and admittedly should spend more time on the Suggestions subforum, but this "how dare you" attitude does not ring any bells with me.

There's no enough official feedback to the huge influx of bug reports and complaints we see daily, but this sort of negative response I have never seen.

1 hour ago, TomAAA said:

Nah, mate. Ain't that hypocritical? Bashing on codies for their supposedly dismissive and aggravated response while on your turn dismissing Ultra's poking as white knighting?

If you find any of his arguments debased or void for some reason, you can point them out so we as a community can carry on discussing it.

1 minute ago, Naxlr said:

Were even is real season start in the menu? I don't seem to have it or is it a deluxe edition feature ....

It's in driver career mode I think. Not a deluxe feature.

10 hours ago, Naxlr said:

Were even is real season start in the menu? I don't seem to have it or is it a deluxe edition feature ....

As @Ultra3142mentioned before, it's a Career mode. You find it with these steps:

- Go to Career

-Choose single player career

-Choose driver career

-immediately go to F1

-as a starting point, choose Real Season Start and you can select a certain race you wanna start the season at

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

As @Ultra3142mentioned before, it's a Career mode. You find it with these steps:

- Go to Career

-Choose single player career

-Choose driver career

-immediately go to F1

-as a starting point, choose Real Season Start and you can select a certain race you wanna start the season at

but you can't drive as Max or Lewis or whoever your favorite driver is, like was talked up by Aarva, timreduck (however it's spelt) tom97 etc, prior to the games release???

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, F1Superfan said:

but you can't drive as Max or Lewis or whoever your favorite driver is, like was talked up by Aarva, timreduck (however it's spelt) tom97 etc, prior to the games release???

Exactly, you can only choose which driver you want to replace (so how many points you have essentially), but you have to create your own driver

Edited by ReimvomSchleim

If there was ever an option to Super-Like a forum post then this one would be a shoe-in.  When it was announced and it sounded like a Championships mode then I was actually interested and thought it had various scenario-based potential pathways that the player can make up themselves like;

• Say Lewis is 23 points ahead of Max at the last race, take control of Max and try to win the title.
  • Say Alpine are 20 points off overtaking Aston Martin with 6 races to go. Can you get them above Aston before the end of the season?

Literally, any time you look at the calendar and think 'Hey, could I do that from this point in the season?' and you could do it.   It's like offering a Scenario mode with minimal input and massive potential storylines. 

Instead, what is a marginally shorter career mode based on the success and failings of a real life person that you cannot control.  I was more disappointed by what this turned out to be than I was with virtually any other aspect of the game. 

• Agree 4
1 hour ago, Naxlr said:

Ah ok thanks . Don't know who them people you mentioned are who talked up the feature but good to know were the feature is . 

Aarava is just some guy that pretends to laugh all the time on youtube, cringe.

• Thanks 1

Ah ok content creator .Ok yes I don't watch any of that kind of stuff .. I have the game why do I want to watch silly kids shouting etc ... Never understand the attraction of that personally. 

Add a 4th reason to the disappointment mix, drivers transfers. I have just completed the race at Hungary, extended my contract at Mercedes and Verstappen has now signed for Ferrari. Will be a great battle to the end...NOT.

This is turning into a disaster

• Sad 1

Best to just hold off from doing any mode with any hope of it working properly I've found. My team/driver career for reason you mentioned and of course the crazy ai speed . Real season start as stated is massive disappointment. Shouldn't have to but I'm just waiting till the new tracks are added to start any career mode by then they sort these issues out ... Always breaking point I guess lol rather shelf it or just do time trial personally .....

I'm positively suprised at the moment!

I just had another look at the Real Season Start Career and whether there was an update to the standings. It looks like, after the server maintenance they have finally updated the standings.

You can now start at Hungary and ALREADY at Belgium with the new standings. Fair play Codies, 2 of the 4 issues "solved", updated standings and driver transfers (which shouldnt happen from Spa onwards hopefully), but still dont like the concept of it in general. Shouldnt be a career mode with your own driver.