Jump to content Jump to content

Car failure not working - Human player in Driver Career

• A detailed description of the issue.

In driver career mode car failures do not work for the human player. (I have them fully switched on in the menu). You get the radio message to say there's an issue. Then message saying it's your engine. After that nothing happens, the car carries on fine, however the radio button no longer works and you can't speak to Jeff (I presume at this point the car should have retired).

I've played my team with the same settings and human failures do work fine in that mode so it must be an issue in driver career mode.

• Platform?

PS5

• Game-mode?

Driver career mode.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Play driver career with human failures switched fully on. Wait for a race with a failure and see the above...

• Agree 1

Just to update, the above has happened twice, however I've just had a DNF in Singapore, warning from engineer, then MFD with red engine icon, then failure and DNF so it is working. I guess the above post maybe a glitch?

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Sadler,

What %age is there when your failure happens? Sometimes you can drive through a issue, and some are so bas that is forces a retirement. I suspect by design here

The original post were engines that were quite old (so presumably older parts that were wearing but able to drive through).

My two failures (just had another at Suzuka) were on new engines.