Jump to content Jump to content

Weird Q2 tire choice for top AI runners

Did anyone encounter the issue of top AI runners always going for a second run on Soft in Q2 despite already set a competitive time with Medium? This always put them in a huge disadvantage in races where one stop is clearly the better strategy.

I ran 50% races at around 100 AI difficulty setting. 

10 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

No not really, i see often the top guys driving on Mediums at race start. Better done this year than 2020

No, I mean they've already set a good laptime with Medium in Q2 (which meant they're planning to start the race with that Medium), but they still do an extra run with Soft and beat their own Medium laptime which forced them to start on Soft in the race for no reason.

A competitive time like a top 5? I think that from 6th down approx people runs on soft at the final run.

Then by the end of qualy if youre not on track, the game automatically simulates all the times and most of the time the soft tyre is used.

I see 1 or 2 drivers at most in mediums and going to q3. Bottom 10 has a more diverse strategy though

2 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Did anyone encounter the issue of top AI runners always going for a second run on Soft in Q2 despite already set a competitive time with Medium? This always put them in a huge disadvantage in races where one stop is clearly the better strategy.

I ran 50% races at around 100 AI difficulty setting. 

I race 50% too and I notice that happens every once and a while. In fact it happened to me at my race in Hungary. In Q2 I finished 8th on my Mediums because everyone else went out on Softs and in Q3 I ended up qualifying 3rd. I was definitely in line for an easy win but I had a mechanical DNF around lap 20. Overall the AI are horrible when it comes to race strategy.

56 minutes ago, Hichel18 said:

A competitive time like a top 5? I think that from 6th down approx people runs on soft at the final run.

Then by the end of qualy if youre not on track, the game automatically simulates all the times and most of the time the soft tyre is used.

I see 1 or 2 drivers at most in mediums and going to q3. Bottom 10 has a more diverse strategy though

Bottas literally went fastest on his Medium, then he got out on track all by himself in the middle of the session to beat his Medium lap by using Soft, meanwhile my IQ level dropped by a whopping 50% in the process. 

• Haha 3