Jump to content Jump to content

Number of My Team liveries & how to unlock more

I haven't got the game yet, but I've watched a few My Team and car customisation videos to get an idea of what livery options are available. There seems to be a limited selection...

I assume the three tiles on the bottom right of the screenshot are available on the standard edition and the one with the blue background is only on the deluxe edition. What about the tiles with orange backgrounds?

How can more liveries be unlocked?

image.thumb.png.4ffe1479bfff4d2bb1e0283094f0d0f8.png

6 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

I haven't got the game yet, but I've watched a few My Team and car customisation videos to get an idea of what livery options are available. There seems to be a limited selection...

I assume the three tiles on the bottom right of the screenshot are available on the standard edition and the one with the blue background is only on the deluxe edition. What about the tiles with orange backgrounds?

Hi, the picture is not that clear but it looks like the orange background relates To the braking point content pack. The blue background relates to a livery we were gifted for owning F1 2020. The silver ones are standard livery. You will only get a few of these to start with and will unlock more through podium pass.

if your on Pc, just use modds. Much better 😁

47 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

You can only obtain more liveries from completing Podium Pass and purchase them from the Store, if you're on PC then there could be a lot more options if you don't mind modding and unable to play multiplayer. 

15 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

Is the Podium Pass something everyone can just complete as they play the game and does it require payment?

I'm actually not sure if regular players get free coins from the start, I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition which came with 15000 coins.

In order to obtain everything in the Podium Pass you'll need to spend 9000 coins for the VIP status, but within the rewards in the Podium Pass, they'll give you 9000 coins back so you can purchase the VIP for the next season of PP for free if you reached the max level. However, without the VIP I think you only get 2500 coins in total, though technically the 2500 coins is free so you could save a few seasons of them to purchase VIP status in the future (it'll take VERY long though).

3 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I'm actually not sure if regular players get free coins from the start, ).

They don't.

The top row of items in Podium Pass is got by all players (i.e. without paying for VIP access) which for the first season includes 3 liveries. 

2 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

Thanks. How many coins do you get on average for each career race weekend and quick race? How long does it take to get enough coins to purchase items?

Zero. You can't earn coins by racing.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

They don't.

The top row of items in Podium Pass is got by all players (i.e. without paying for VIP access) which for the first season includes 3 liveries. 

Zero. You can't earn coins by racing.

How do you progress in the PP then? 

Liveries are not a strong suit for the game to be honest. Colours can be modified to make what you 'earn' look better but many still look pretty dire to be honest. 

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Liveries are not a strong suit for the game to be honest. Colours can be modified to make what you 'earn' look better but many still look pretty dire to be honest. 

I was expecting to be able to change the colours of the wings, halo, barge boards etc, but disappointed when I saw some videos!

43 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

I was expecting to be able to change the colours of the wings, halo, barge boards etc, but disappointed when I saw some videos!

Yes, plenty of room for improvement for those keen on this aspect 🙂.

Depending on your camera choice you probably won't see that much of your car when actually driving though.

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

Yes, plenty of room for improvement for those keen on this aspect 🙂.

Depending on your camera choice you probably won't see that much of your car when actually driving though.

Livery plays a huge part in my overall experience, so it was quite a bit of a shame that we didn't see much improvement over this aspect from the last game (some decals are even missing for the online car atm). I mean...they could at least not removing the old liveries so we get more choices from the get-go and just build upon that collection. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
16 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

Livery plays a huge part in my overall experience, so it was quite a bit of a shame that we didn't see much improvement over this aspect from the last game (some decals are even missing for the online car atm). I mean...they could at least not removing the old liveries so we get more choices from the get-go and just build upon that collection. 

Duotone, RGB and the signature style one, J Willis? are gone and were among the more realistic looking logos so that's disappointing. Why remove? Just add more.. 

If they're offered back to me in podium pass I won't be pleased. 

Not to mention Daily Items are already looping and we appear to have seen all the option until next pass. 

3 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Duotone, RGB and the signature style one, J Willis? are gone and were among the more realistic looking logos so that's disappointing. Why remove? Just add more.. 

If they're offered back to me in podium pass I won't be pleased. 

Not to mention Daily Items are already looping and we appear to have seen all the option until next pass. 

Here's a list of decals that are currently missing for the Online Car, but still available for MyTeam:

• A+F
  • Asiatic Dynamics
  • Avolo
  • Charge
  • Duotone
  • Equinox
  • JPB
  • James V.S.
  • Jingshen
  • Kassandre
  • Niesga Ottoman
  • Opaque
  • Pacifico
  • Painite
  • Polor
  • RGB
  • Sudu
  • Zigzag

I also wish they let us use the decals from the shop and podium pass in MyTeam as cosmetic item...it's kinda pointless to buy those now for people like me who only focus on MyTeam and not multiplayer (especially at its current state, avoiding it at all cost)

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Thanks 1