Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Steam always "Running" after closing the Game

Hi!

Since last patch i have this problem.

I close the Game and in Steam it shows running all the time, cant close it. Only with task manager, details, end task f12021_dx12.exe or something.

Already restarted PC. Full clean uninstall of the game, and fresh install. Same with steam. But all other games didnt have this problem. Tried with F1 2020 and 2017 or other racing games. no problem.

This happened since last patch, before i never had this problem.

Could someone help, did anyone else have this problem since last patch? Thanks.

L4ps

• Agree 3

Hi, I've noticed since the last update (1.05) that the game is running in the background.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • Since patch 1.05 my game is not completely closing. How did I notice this? First time was when I closed the game then about 20mins started other game and Steam showed that I had to close F1 game first, checked Task Manager and it was running in the background. Today I played for around 2H and after quitting, I opened Task Manager right away and F1 2021 was running in the background (the following screenshot was taken about 5min after I closed the game) - I always quit through the main menu.
  • Report Code
    • I opened the game again and noted down a Report Code - Did this while writing this article and when I closed the game, I had to go to Task Manager, again. BDAT-BGTV-AJRR-MMMG
  • Platform?
    • PC (DxDiag available below)
  • Game-mode?
    • Played Braking Point and Online Races.
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    • Since I played online, might as well answer this. Most sessions had around 15-20 people. 
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    • No

Captura de ecrã 2021-08-01 182910.png

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Azevedomi9
Added more info into the report

i play the game normally and quit the game via the menu option. i do not alt+f4. 

but the game doesn't stop running and when i open steam and click the stop button nothing happens. I literally have to restart my computer just to quit this game. 

as you can see in the screenshot i don't have f12021 running at all its not on the tool bar nor is it in the task manager. when i try to run the game again a steam message pops up. 

quitting steam from the task manager didnt resolve the issue and i shouldnt have to do that anyways. this is the only game causing this issue. tested three other games. when i quit those game they do not stay running in steam. 

f1 2021 running bug.jpg

40b0680c449e9ea3503464a7be103925.png

9f14160d58d56ffa8dd24b4b6f0a4ba8.png

Same problem here, before 1.05 it worked, after that you needed to close it your self in task manager, and now it can't be closed at all. Which makes you restart your full pc to play again after closing.

• A detailed description of the issue: After closing the game from the main menu the game still shows as running on steam. You also can't start it anymore since it should be still running. Before you could close it your self in task manager, now that is also not possible anymore since it isn't there.
  • Report Code: N/A
  • Platform: PC / Steam
  • Game-mode: N/A
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    Closing it by using task manager, but the process is not there anymore.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: N/A
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: Just close the game when playing it though steam.

@BarryBL maybe there should be looked at this since the form is full of it, and it happens on everyone 100% of the time.
  • Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

Can you close in task manager?

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

Providing this information is vital for Codemasters to be able to investigate, replicate and hopefully solve your issue. Without this, we don't have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose the issue.
Many thanks
Barry

Can you close in task manager?

I checked again and yea, you can close f1 executable.exe in the task manager as background program. Then it also shows as "not running" on steam

• A detailed description of the issue: F1executable.exe continues to run in background after the game has been exited.
  • Report Code: N/A
  • Platform? PC, Steam
  • Game-mode? N/A
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Deleting and reinstalling the game
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

I have exited the game and steam continues to show the game is running in the background.

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Exit the game. The .exe continues to run in the background

f1.PNG

• Agree 2

Hi,

I also have this problem, not only in F1 but also in Assetta Corsa Competizione where a steering wheel is currently connected.

I want to ask people if they have installed any of these 2 options on your system because these 2 updates were released on the same day as F1 2021 patch. I think one of these is the problem;

1. Optional cumulative update for Windows 10 build: 1904x.1151 (KB5004296) - this update contains a number of gaming related fixes
  2. Logitech G Hub version 2021.8.792

Yesterday i got my 49 Inch Monitor 🙂 and wanted to test it in F1 2021 before i get my Rig and Monitor Stand.

I started the game, changed the resolution to 5120x1440 and was running benchmark.

After closing the game it really was closed in steam. This was the first time since the patch. It worked all the time.

Today i run it with my old 24inch monitor again in 1920x1080 and the problem came back, is always running and i need to close it with task manager.

When i have time i try other resolutions today on my 24inch, cant try it again on 49 cause i wait for the monitor stand and rig.

Maybe someone else is able to test it.

I do not think it is an issue with 1080p. I have 32inch 1440p monitor and I have it as well. Interesting that the executable is found under Steam processes in Task Manager, and I have to expand it to find F1.

image_2021-08-07_111622.png