Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Steam always "Running" after closing the Game

1. Yes, I can confirm, this issue occurs only when my wheel is connected.

2. When my steering wheel is not connected I can close the game normally.

3. Logitech G29

As others said, It happens from version 1.05

. Yes, I can confirm, this issue occurs only when my wheel is connected.

2. When my steering wheel is not connected I can close the game normally.

3. Logitech G29

4. Latest GHUB is the problem, i have test it with the one before and the game is closing normaly

The problem is the GHUB update from augustus.

Regards.

I can not confirm what RowDX228 says, i installed older GHub and it did not fix the issue. as explained in previous post of mine I had older GHub with 1.04 and no issues, as soon as it became 1.05 and that was released BEFORE GHub updated the issue occured already so I still have the problem that the game wil not close if the wheel is connected, besides i am using the G923 which uses slightly different GHub even if it looks the same and has same version number the GHub versions are all equal but based on connected devices aas explained by Logitech on questioning them. 
I do wanna make that clear cause even with GHub uninstalled on a fresh installed PC the game will not close with wheel G923 on my end connected. (i did test it all)

Edited by NastyAssassin

@NastyAssassin

I first completely removed GHUB,
Then installed GHUB Version: 2021.6.4851.
Started up F1 2021 and played for 1 hour.
Then I closed F1 2021 normally and the game stopped as it should.
The game did crash after closing with an EGO dumper, but it wasn't open in Steam anymore.
Then I updated GHUB again to the latest version of GHUB 2021.8.792 and the problem with shutting down is back.
Only the task manager can close F12021.
Strange thing is when I start F1 2020 or F1 2019 both close correctly in steam and windows. (GHUB 2021.8.792)
Hope the dev's from Codie or Logitech are going to fix this problem.
Also the rotation problem in GHUB is still not solved either. Ghub "keeps forgetting" the 360 rotation on a cold start of the PC.  
This problem was already there in F1 2020.

logitech and software is not a good combination.

For now as a workaround I use the task manager to close F1 2021.

Regards,

Edited by RowDX228
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, RowDX228 said:

@NastyAssassin

I first completely removed GHUB,
Then installed GHUB Version: 2021.6.4851.
Started up F1 2021 and played for 1 hour.
Then I closed F1 2021 normally and the game stopped as it should.
The game did crash after closing with an EGO dumper, but it wasn't open in Steam anymore.
Then I updated GHUB again to the latest version of GHUB 2021.8.792 and the problem with shutting down is back.
Only the task manager can close F12021.
Strange thing is when I start F1 2020 or F1 2019 both close correctly in steam and windows. (GHUB 2021.8.792)
Hope the dev's from Codie or Logitech are going to fix this problem.
Also the rotation problem in GHUB is still not solved either. Ghub "keeps forgetting" the 360 rotation on a cold start of the PC.  
This problem was already there in F1 2020.

logitech and software is not a good combination.

For now as a workaround I use the task manager to close F1 2021.

Regards,

I'm aware of the DOR issue. You're correct in that the solution lies somewhere in the middle. I'd be grateful if you had a full install method or download for 2021.6.4851 as this would be good for testing. Can you post a link somewhere or share the file (or is it just a matter of using the older stub and skipping any updates)? My image has 2021.8.792 and I've removed the older one.

lghub_installer_2021.3.5164.exe is what i again tried after again deleting the older version and all settings etc (not much to delete since pc is reinstalled), is the last old version which can be downloaded on logitech site itself and does not auto update on install, just when looking for ghub click show more downloads or something like that to see older versions and look for that version (if you wanna try it) every version after that is auto updated on install to current version.
But F1 2021 crashes with that version, so I can not use it. I can sent the crash reports for it so did sent those, they are based on older not auto updated GHub version, makes sense it will not work since F1 2021 was not released at that time (february/march/april 2021)

Might be cause unlike like most i use G923 and not a G29 so i am unable to use a different Ghub version.

Again tried without GHub installed and problem of F1 2021 not closing in Steam so I haveto do a reboot of the PC is still present that way, so I really can not agree/do a workaround as peope suggest by using older Ghub for F1 20221 and the fact people keep giving me that as option/solution seems they neglect the fact I am not suing a G29 and do not read that for me everything I tried does not work.

G29 and G923 are not the same and also the GHub is not the same even if version number says so, actual downloaded / installed files are not the same for both wheels.
I know this cause partner does not have wheel but does have same GHub version due to Logitech Keyboard and on checking files for GHUB we found her files and sizes are different then from my installation.
So GHub version does not say a lot since it downloads/installs per pc/user and what is connected from logitech and recognized by GHub based on that, not a full default package butr ore a personalized install and people having same version numbers/basics.

Edited by NastyAssassin
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, NastyAssassin said:

lghub_installer_2021.3.5164.exe is what i again tried after again deleting the older version and all settings etc (not much to delete since pc is reinstalled), is the last old version which can be downloaded on logitech site itself and does not auto update on install, just when looking for ghub click show more downloads or something like that to see older versions and look for that version (if you wanna try it) every version after that is auto updated on install to current version.
But F1 2021 crashes with that version, so I can not use it. I can sent the crash reports for it so did sent those, they are based on older not auto updated GHub version, makes sense it will not work since F1 2021 was not released at that time (february/march/april 2021)

Might be cause unlike like most i use G923 and not a G29 so i am unable to use a different Ghub version.

Again tried without GHub installed and problem of F1 2021 not closing in Steam so I haveto do a reboot of the PC is still present that way, so I really can not agree/do a workaround as peope suggest by using older Ghub for F1 20221 and the fact people keep giving me that as option/solution seems they neglect the fact I am not suing a G29 and do not read that for me everything I tried does not work.

G29 and G923 are not the same and also the GHub is not the same even if version number says so, actual downloaded / installed files are not the same for both wheels.
I know this cause partner does not have wheel but does have same GHub version due to Logitech Keyboard and on checking files for GHUB we found her files and sizes are different then from my installation.
So GHub version does not say a lot since it downloads/installs per pc/user and what is connected from logitech and recognized by GHub based on that, not a full default package butr ore a personalized install and people having same version numbers/basics.

Thanks for the additional info, hopefully this is useful to help discover the root cause. When you say you uploaded the crashdumps, can you upload one here for the devs please? (It will be named at the end of the EGO dumper error but please upload the whole referenced .zip file)

11 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I'm aware of the DOR issue. You're correct in that the solution lies somewhere in the middle. I'd be grateful if you had a full install method or download for 2021.6.4851 as this would be good for testing. Can you post a link somewhere or share the file (or is it just a matter of using the older stub and skipping any updates)? My image has 2021.8.792 and I've removed the older one.

https://logitech-g-hub.en.softonic.com/

Scroll down to find 3 older versions from GHUB.

Regards,

Jp

• Thanks 1
On 7/31/2021 at 6:03 PM, L4ps said:

Hi!

Since last patch i have this problem.

I close the Game and in Steam it shows running all the time, cant close it. Only with task manager, details, end task f12021_dx12.exe or something.

Already restarted PC. Full clean uninstall of the game, and fresh install. Same with steam. But all other games didnt have this problem. Tried with F1 2020 and 2017 or other racing games. no problem.

This happened since last patch, before i never had this problem.

Could someone help, did anyone else have this problem since last patch? Thanks.

L4ps

a fix a found is: after closing the game make sure the steam window is closed, "f1 executable" will appear in task manager and click end task. after that launch f1 from steam and quickly close it through the small window that steam shows. that works for me.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, GrepoSK said:

3. Logitech G29

As others said, It happens from version 1.05

the same for me, but only from version 1.07 

I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same issue:

1.  Yes, I can confirm this issue occurs when the wheel is connected. 
  2. I can close the game normally when the wheel is not connected. 
  3. Logitech G923
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

After internal testing, we are trying to establish a clear method of replicating your issue. At this moment in time, it is becoming a challenge. Can people affected provide:

• What other apps you are running
  • Do you connect your wheel mid-session, or just before it loads. 

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

After internal testing, we are trying to establish a clear method of replicating your issue. At this moment in time, it is becoming a challenge. Can people affected provide:

Not special running except nvidia, steam and ghub, other then that nothing is open/running or running in background from apps.

G923 is always connected (tested with direct connection to USB 2.0 and 3.0 on motherboard and through an usb hub, it does not matter for the end result), but also when trying to connect it during sessions or right before launching the game (also tested with direct connection to USB 2.0 and 3.0 on motherboard and through an usb hub, it does not matter for the end result)... 
It is always the same end result on my end : the game keeps running in steam after closing the game.

Running windows 10 pro 21h1 version 19043.1165 64bit dutch (my own pc)

Running windows 10 pro 21h1 version 19043.1202 64bit dutch (pc wife and used her pc to test)

Edited by NastyAssassin
7 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Still getting this issue, even on a brand new Windows drive as i just reset my PC and restarted from scratch

• What other apps you are running Steam, LGHub, Discord, Razer, iCUE and Wallpaper Engine
  • Do you connect your wheel mid-session, or just before it loads. No

Motherboard: Crosshair 8 hero.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.80 GHz.

RAM: 32GB

GFX Nivida 2070 super 8GB.

O.S: Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Peripherals: Logitech G923, Logitech G910, Logitech G502

Running in background: Steam, Norton, Goove Music, Logitech GHub, Xbox app, Nivida.

I haven't unplugged my wheel since I bought it a year ago it works fine with the game never had any issues with it.

this issue started after 1.05 

11 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

• What other apps you are running.
  • _____________________________________________
  • GHUB, Telemetry, Nvidia, Windows 10 21H1
  • _______________________________________________
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • Wheel is connected during startup. 

Also did a little test.
01. starting F1 2021 without a steering wheel.
No problem with shutdown.
02. starting F1 2021 with steering wheel.
Shutdown problem.
03. Start F1 2021 without steering wheel and GHUB running.
04. Start F1 2021 with steering wheel and GHUB running.
Shutdown problem.
05. Start F1 2021 with keyboard only.
Have tried this on 3 different Pc's, Nvidia 1080, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, Nvdia 3080 RTX.

On all 3 systems the same result.
It only occurs with F1 2021.
If I start F1 2019, F1 2020 there is nothing wrong.
The game just closes as it should.

Regards,

Jp

41 minutes ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

Still getting this issue with 1.10.. c'mon guys... this game is still so broken.

Bummer. Was so hoping this issue and the one where it looses the wheel range setting were fixed by now. Guess back to iRacing for now...

3. Logitech G29

Still happens in version 1.10

What other apps you are running:
Discord, Steam, logitech hub, 

Do you connect your wheel mid-session, or just before it loads: before launch

Edited by bpinto11
On 9/8/2021 at 12:11 AM, RowDX228 said:

• What other apps you are running.
  • _____________________________________________
  • GHUB, Telemetry, Nvidia, Windows 10 21H1
  • _______________________________________________
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • Wheel is connected during startup. 

Also did a little test.
01. starting F1 2021 without a steering wheel.
02. starting F1 2021 with steering wheel.
Shutdown problem.
03. Start F1 2021 without steering wheel and GHUB running.
04. Start F1 2021 with steering wheel and GHUB running.
Shutdown problem.
05. Start F1 2021 with keyboard only.
Have tried this on 3 different Pc's, Nvidia 1080, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, Nvdia 3080 RTX.

On all 3 systems the same result.
It only occurs with F1 2021.
If I start F1 2019, F1 2020 there is nothing wrong.
The game just closes as it should.

Regards,

Jp

i did Start F1 2021 with steering wheel and witout GHUB running and still have the shutdown problem

Edited by bpinto11

I talked to a friend and he said, the issue was fixed when he switched to a fanatec wheel. Before he used Logitech G29.

I am also using the G29 and also have the issue, that the game is not closing.

Anyone else using G29?

I talked to a friend and he said, the issue was fixed when he switched to a fanatec wheel. Before he used Logitech G29.

I am also using the G29 and also have the issue, that the game is not closing.

Anyone else using G29?