Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Steam always "Running" after closing the Game

one curious thing, when i quit the game (win10pro), it still shows in the task mangler, but in the steam app, the game is shown to be still running as well. clicking 'stop' in steam's UI doesn't quit the game fully. could steam's app have something to do with this?

on the logitech side, their drivers are fuxxored. touching the g29 wheel with no games running causes it to shake progressively worse. 

and we pay for this... lol

• Agree 1

Has a fix been implemented for this yet? I just bought the game yesterday and it is doing the same thing for me. I have to go into task manager and stop the steam app to get it to stop running.

edit**

I only saw the posts from August before I registered for the forums so I didn’t see that it was happening because of GHub.

I am also running a Logitech G920 wheel.

Edited by TunLvision
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the continued reports. We are investigating this, but facing challenges in reproducing this issues. Can everyone affected add:

1. Windows Version
  2. Wheel
  3. Wheel Firmware version
  4. Other Software running (Discord, Streaming etc)
  5. GHub Version (if applicable).
  1. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, 19043.1237
  2. Wheel: Logitech G920
  3. Wheel Firmware version: 96.3.49
  4. Other Software running (Discord, Streaming etc): Steam, F1 2021 bought from steam
  5. GHub Version (if applicable): 2021.9.7463
  • Like 1

@BarryBL

1. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, 19043.1237
  2. Wheel: Logitech G29
  3. Wheel Firmware version: Recent last.
  4. Other Software running : No 3rd party software. i use a separate clean PC for F1 2021, Windows 10 fully updated, Ghub for controlling G29, and the Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 version 11.1
  5. GHub Version : 2021.9.7463
  6. F1 2021 bought from steam.

This problem is not the end of the world. but just irritating.
Can live with it, still strange that the problem is not there when you play F1 2019 or F1 2020. 
Problem occurs to me only when the wheel is physically connected to a USB port. it doesn't matter if GHUB is running or not.
If the wheel is not physically connected F1 2021 just shuts down as it should.

Greetings, and good luck with bug hunting.

@BarryBL

1. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 19043.1263
  2. Wheel: Logitech G923 (issue persists with the G920 also)
  3. Wheel Firmware version: 139.1.49
  4. Other Software running: Discord, Steam, Razer Synapse, Corsair iCUE, Nvidia GeForce Experience
  5. GHub Version: 2021.9.7463

I Honestly do not get how you are unable to replicate this when so many people are having this issue, almost anyone with a Logitech wheel is having this problem and when Logitech Ghub is not running and no wheel is connect the game closes as expected, this games compatibility with Logitech Ghub is the worst ever. even F1 2020 was working far better than 2021. And Logitech are no help as their Support is the most useless and terrible Support i have ever encountered in a company.

I have one wish. and that is that one day you will stop with the yearly releases and just release a single F1 game with new seasons added into the base game each year, there could be so many improvements done and we can be done with the ridiculous buggy launches and unfinished games being released to the world at full price. The only reason i keep buying the games each year is because i am a diehard F1 fan... but my god do these games each year give me heartache and frustration...

• Agree 1

The game is acting like a virus.
Quit game after online session steam still says its running but nothing in the task manager...

Quit steam and Discord still says its running, then check the task manager and its there again.

Quit it in task manager and then finally its closes and I can relaunch to play.

With this problem and all the online de-sync and timing board issues and random cars appearing in the main straight when they are actually in pits this game is a bloody cancer right now. If I didn't spend 100 hours practicing for league races I'd ask for a refund. 

Stop focusing on adding career content and fix this garbage already.

Latest version of windows
Latest version of Ghub
Latest bios

Garbage

• Agree 1
  1. Windows Version: Windows 11 Education N, 21H2, 22000.194
  2. Wheel: Logitech G29
  3. Wheel Firmware Version: 89.0.25
  4. Other Software Running: iCUE 4.15.153, nVidia Instant Replay, Discord
  5. G Hub Version: 2021.9.7463

On 10/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, OzzyGamer275 said:

@BarryBL

1. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 19043.1263
  2. Wheel: Logitech G923 (issue persists with the G920 also)
  3. Wheel Firmware version: 139.1.49
  4. Other Software running: Discord, Steam, Razer Synapse, Corsair iCUE, Nvidia GeForce Experience
  5. GHub Version: 2021.9.7463

I Honestly do not get how you are unable to replicate this when so many people are having this issue, almost anyone with a Logitech wheel is having this problem and when Logitech Ghub is not running and no wheel is connect the game closes as expected, this games compatibility with Logitech Ghub is the worst ever. even F1 2020 was working far better than 2021. And Logitech are no help as their Support is the most useless and terrible Support i have ever encountered in a company.

I have one wish. and that is that one day you will stop with the yearly releases and just release a single F1 game with new seasons added into the base game each year, there could be so many improvements done and we can be done with the ridiculous buggy launches and unfinished games being released to the world at full price. The only reason i keep buying the games each year is because i am a diehard F1 fan... but my god do these games each year give me heartache and frustration...

Still doing it on Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2 22000.194

At this stage i'd say no doubt its an issue with Logitech Ghub and how the game reacts to it, as the game works as expected without a Logitech Wheel connected.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:37 PM, bpinto11 said:

i did Start F1 2021 with steering wheel and witout GHUB running and still have the shutdown problem

you must test without your steering wheel connected.

Edited by Jet8401
On 9/8/2021 at 1:11 AM, JpK46 said:

• What other apps you are running.
  • _____________________________________________
  • GHUB, Telemetry, Nvidia, Windows 10 21H1
  • _______________________________________________
  • Do you connect your wheel mid-session, or just before it loads. 
  • ___________________________________________________________
  • Wheel is connected during startup. 

Also did a little test.
01. starting F1 2021 without a steering wheel.
No problem with shutdown.
02. starting F1 2021 with steering wheel.
Shutdown problem.
03. Start F1 2021 without steering wheel and GHUB running.
04. Start F1 2021 with steering wheel and GHUB running.
Shutdown problem.
05. Start F1 2021 with keyboard only.
Have tried this on 3 different Pc's, Nvidia 1080, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, Nvdia 3080 RTX.

On all 3 systems the same result.
It only occurs with F1 2021.
If I start F1 2019, F1 2020 there is nothing wrong.
The game just closes as it should.

Regards,

Jp

i did this test and i had the exact same results.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to try connecting my wheel mid game to see if it shuts down normally or not. I have a logitech mouse and I have g hub open at all times and it is only when I connect my G29 that the problem surfaces. 

Edited by PranavJH
  • 2 weeks later...

I´ve buying the game yesterday on Steam sale and I´ve the same problem.

Whenever I quit the game normally via the menu and return to the desktop, steam shows that it is still running. The game can only be closed completely using the task manager.

After so many weeks of having the problem, it must be possible to finally get a solution.

Will that be the case in the next patch? @BarryBL

I tested it today without connecting my Logitech G29 wheel, and after quit the game via menu, the game not running anymore, all was fine.

When I connected my Logitech G29, and I quite the game via menu, the game still running furthermore.

Logitech G29, 89.0.25 Firmware

Logitech G-Hub Version 2021.10.8013

DxDiag.txt

Had the problem with the game not quitting since launch, last time a couple of minutes ago. 

I have a G29 connected at all times with GHUB version 2021.11.8744.

My system specs is:
i9-9900K @ 3.6GHz
32 GB of DDR4 RAM
RTX 2070 at normal clock
Windows 11 installed on SSD, game installed on HDD.

Screen is a 34 inch G5 with a resolution of 3440 x 1440, no HDR.

I only play Single Player (career and time trial), never online.