Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Steam always "Running" after closing the Game

10 hours ago, relampagopt said:

I suspect the problem is the G-Hub, but I could be wrong

Maybe yes, but F1 2020 works fine with G-Hub, no problems with closing the game.

Therefore, in my opinion, Codemasters is obliged to fix the bug and not Logitech, because it works in F1 2020.

Edited by Magic1111
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why this error has been completely ignored for months.
Again to repeat: Everything works fine in F1 2020.

As soon as my Logitech G29 is connected via USB in F1 2021 and I close the game as normal via the menu, the game continues in the background. The final closing can only be done via the Task Manager.
If I start F1 2021 without my G29 connected (but G-Hub is active) and close it using the keyboard, the game ends normally.

I would like to have an opinion on the problem, @BarryBL

Thanks in forward.

1 hour ago, Magic1111 said:

I don't understand why this error has been completely ignored for months.
Again to repeat: Everything works fine in F1 2020.

As soon as my Logitech G29 is connected via USB in F1 2021 and I close the game as normal via the menu, the game continues in the background. The final closing can only be done via the Task Manager.
If I start F1 2021 without my G29 connected (but G-Hub is active) and close it using the keyboard, the game ends normally.

I would like to have an opinion on the problem, @BarryBL

Thanks in forward.

my best guess is that this is more a Ghub problem therefore both Codemasters and Logitech have to work on a fix together, unfortunately from my experience Logitech are the worse when it comes to support and fixing problems...

2 hours ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

my best guess is that this is more a Ghub problem therefore both Codemasters and Logitech have to work on a fix together, unfortunately from my experience Logitech are the worse when it comes to support and fixing problems...

In my opinion this is not a G-Hub problem as F1 2020 works. And it also works with F1 2021 if no Logitech steering wheel is connected and G-Hub is still active.
So Codemasters would have to look where the difference is, why it works in conjunction with G-Hub in F1 2020 and not in F1 2021. Logitech will never do that, I mean.
But it's all just speculation if nobody from the Dev. Team expresses themselves officially here.
I find ignoring this thread even worse that  someone from Team telling that there is no solution.
But BarryBL posts in all other threads, except here. Too bad.

I even got the impression with all the information Barry asked that they can not reproduce this at all. (think he said that but used other words and english not my native so i could have misread that).

Making me/us feel like we are the ones having a problem and not their end.

But I might hvae misunderstood that, each time he kept asking for information.

When F1 2021 was released it all worked, then update was released and it went faulty and never got restored/fixed and must admit it takes away the fun of playing, specially if one switches games and F1 blocks through Steam the option to launch other games when it is not closed through task manager, so i agree with @Magic1111 not believing it is G-Hub, but maybe some wrong communication with Steam from within F1 2021 when closing and using logitech,
When F1 2021 is closed but not in Steam and taskmanager, i am not able to launch any other games through Steam of from Steam, all of my games are blocked/unable to launch, so I have to force close F1 2021 to have acces to all my other Steam games.

Edited by NastyAssassin
1 hour ago, Magic1111 said:

In my opinion this is not a G-Hub problem as F1 2020 works. And it also works with F1 2021 if no Logitech steering wheel is connected and G-Hub is still active.
So Codemasters would have to look where the difference is, why it works in conjunction with G-Hub in F1 2020 and not in F1 2021. Logitech will never do that, I mean.
But it's all just speculation if nobody from the Dev. Team expresses themselves officially here.
I find ignoring this thread even worse that  someone from Team telling that there is no solution.
But BarryBL posts in all other threads, except here. Too bad.

Massively disagree with you there, working in Tech myself i have some understanding of what could be causing issues. If the problem ONLY happens when a Logitech wheel is connected, it is more than likely an issue with G-hub and the way it interacts with a game whenever a wheel is connected.

Having dealt with this for months, while trying to troubleshoot the no FFB issue from the latest patch I plugged an xbox one controller in to see if that would have feedback (it did) and when I exited I didn't have the same issue (the process was gone so Steam isn't reporting it as running anymore). Points to G-Hub being at least part of the issue so I agree with you Ozzy. 

Process related issues like that especially when it relates to a component you're not responsible for are damn near impossible to narrow down, popped on to see if this was actively being looked at, I'm gonna assume it is but I wouldn't be surprised if a fix for it is way far off for it just because of complexity, if I was a betting man though I'd look to G-Hub being the culprit too (it might be hanging onto the process and not releasing it when the game closes)

• Like 1
17 hours ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

Massively disagree with you there, working in Tech myself i have some understanding of what could be causing issues. If the problem ONLY happens when a Logitech wheel is connected, it is more than likely an issue with G-hub and the way it interacts with a game whenever a wheel is connected.

You maybe right, but Codemasters would need to contact Logitech and discuss the problem.

In my opinion Logitech will never do it on its own, if they have any knowledge of the problem at all.

Edited by Magic1111
4 minutes ago, Magic1111 said:

You maybe right, but Codemasters would need to contact Logitech and discuss the problem.

In my opinion Logitech will never do it on its own, if they have any knowledge of the problem at all.

I’d put money on Codies already being in contact with Logitech but Logitech taking their sweet ass time

6 minutes ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

I’d put money on Codies already being in contact with Logitech but Logitech taking their sweet ass time

Yes, the last G-Hub update unfortunately didn't help either. So one hopes from update to update, with F1 2021 and G-Hub.
Stupid situation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, BarryBL said:

Good morning everyone,

Apologies for the delay here, but we do have a potential fix for this issue that is now in test with the team. Further updates to follow as testing progresses. 

Good to know, thanks Barry!

Because unfortunately the problem persists even after patch 1.14...sad.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, BarryBL said:

Good morning everyone,

Apologies for the delay here, but we do have a potential fix for this issue that is now in test with the team. Further updates to follow as testing progresses. 

And, is there a fix of still in test fase ?

well i'm sure the problem is the g-hub, who uses logitech gaming software the game closes normally. i recently reinstalled windows on my pc and with gaming software the game closes normally

to make sure I reinstalled g-hub and immediately the game doesn't close
many of my friends did the same and i can confirm with logitech gaming software the game closes normally. if you install g-hub, the game doesn't close

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi @BarryBL, could you provide with us some update of solving this issue? Can we expect fix in following weeks? Have a nice day

It's a little bit off topic but from last update of Logitech driver I have exact same issue also with WRC 10. I know that it's from other developers but Logitech really destroys one game after another...