Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2021 Steam always "Running" after closing the Game

L4ps

23 hours ago, crusty1uk said:

only starting happening after i bought my g29 before that on xb controller never happened

*edit - also happens after playing Dirt 5 so almost certainly caused by Ghub

Now that you mention it, it's the same for me. I just picked up a G920, and I started experiencing this bug.

• 2 weeks later...

@BarryBLIs anything being done about this.. its getting beyond the joke now.. F1 2022 is getting closer and closer and if problems like this are still present 8 months into F1 2021's game cycle, then i have very little hope for F1 2022.

I have a small feeling that Logitech's laziness and lack of care for their products is to blame but at the same time i feel its the Game Developers jobs to hurry Logitech up when its causing quite a massive problem such as this.

While i still am sure it is not Logitech fault but that fact seems to be ignored i do see the concerns for F1 2022 while this is a long time problem causding many inconveniences.

When the first patch came from F1 2021 that is the moment it stopped closing the game in steam for me as it used to do.
The GHUB update was NOT released at that time and for that reason only i am convinced this is a game problem towards steam and not getting closed in steam.
But since I am the only one convinced and others say it is ghub but problem is not solved and even the game dev said for long time : we dont have this issue and even put the blame on all logitech users, then ghub but never looked at what they have done in that first patch after game release...

That it is still not solved is a joke, i like the game and my wife was so fed up with me being grumpy that logitech wheel G923 that this game used to promote itself for crying out loud does not work in the game in normal way, thats when she decided to sell my wheel and let me get another one back that is not logitech.

Knowing thet with that expensive workaround and giving up other things she wants me to be able to play the game even though she finds it undeserved by the lack of solving the issue here for tons of players after all this time.

it is unbelievable and I hope that f1 2022 woint be so bugged and messed up for any wheel and if there is issues that it wont take 6months or longer to fix it. Outrageaous how long it takes and how many people stopped playing that i know due to the lack of solving the logitech problems by this gamedev, unless EA is the boss now they took over this game, then hope is lost.

53 minutes ago, NastyLtd said:

While i still am sure it is not Logitech fault but that fact seems to be ignored i do see the concerns for F1 2022 while this is a long time problem causing many inconveniences.

When the first patch came from F1 2021 that is the moment it stopped closing the game in steam for me as it used to do.
The GHUB update was NOT released at that time and for that reason only i am convinced this is a game problem towards steam and not getting closed in steam.
But since I am the only one convinced and others say it is ghub but problem is not solved and even the game dev said for long time : we don't have this issue and even put the blame on all Logitech users, then ghub but never looked at what they have done in that first patch after game release...

It is definitely a Ghub rooted problem.. the game only stays open when a Logitech wheel is connected and Ghub is open, otherwise the game closes like normal. but this has been the case since launch. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrepoSK said:

I think this is not anymore a problem with high priority. Probably we can only hope, it will be solved in F1 2022.

What if my purchase of F1 2022 depends on a smooth experience with F1 2021? 🤔

56 minutes ago, Taggg said:

What if my purchase of F1 2022 depends on a smooth experience with F1 2021? 🤔

I give it a chance. But if this problem will still persist also in F1 2022, probably I ask for a refund.

• Sad 1

Issue is finally fixed with Logitech G-Hub update 2022.2.9146. Release notes say "Fixed an issue where certain games may not properly exit when a wheel is attached." I tested it on my rig and it appears to be fixed. I have had the issue every time since release date.
Please read on. It appears it wasn't fixed in this patch after all.

Edited by johnbe2
correction
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, johnbe2 said:

Issue is finally fixed with Logitech G-Hub update 2022.2.9146. Release notes say "Fixed an issue where certain games may not properly exit when a wheel is attached." I tested it on my rig and it appears to be fixed. I have had the issue every time since release date.

Can’t say this is fixed for me, i didn’t even have that release note in my update, also on 2022.2.9146. and still have to exit via task manager

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

Can’t say this is fixed for me, i didn’t even have that release note in my update, also on 2022.2.9146. and still have to exit via task manager

I can confirm that. G-Hub Update 2022.2.9146 successfully installed, PC restarted.
Despite this, the game still does not close properly. I still have to close it via task manager.

The problem persists for me, no improvement.

I use G29 wheel.

Edited by Magic1111

Yes, I can confirm as well, it still happens. I guess I didn't play long enough before.

BTW, you can see the release notes if you click on the version number in the G HUB Settings. If you scroll to the very bottom you will see the entry about exiting games when a wheel is attached.

Danged! Really hoped the had fixed it. The release note did sound promising...

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, johnbe2 said:

Yes, I can confirm as well, it still happens. I guess I didn't play long enough before.

BTW, you can see the release notes if you click on the version number in the G HUB Settings. If you scroll to the very bottom you will see the entry about exiting games when a wheel is attached.

Danged! Really hoped the had fixed it. The release note did sound promising...

8 hours ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

8 hours ago, johnbe2 said:

Please read on. It appears it wasn't fixed in this patch after all.

Can you try this please?

Go in-game and delete all custom profiles saved with your wheel. Do not use GHub or LGS to back up any game settings.

Disconnect your wheel and Geek uninstall GHub and LGS (if installed)? Reboot.

Please also try running Logitech Driver Cleaner

USBDeView will list all the USB devices connected / historic connected. Logitech devices have a vendor ID of 046D

G29 is device ID C24F/C260 (AIUI C260 would be correct (PS4 mode) for PC)?

G920 is device ID C261/C262 (AIUI C262 would be correct for PC)?

G923 is device ID C266/C267/C26E (AIUI C26E would be correct for PC, others one is XBox SKU one is PS4 SKU)?

Install latest GHub, reboot and attach wheel.

USBDeView should report Logitech device as "correct for PC" (the only other possible inactive entry would be the bulk driver associated with the wheel, i.e. other device ID).

Configure in GHub and test inputs.

Verify Steam files and delete hardware_settings_config.xml before launching F1 2021.

Pick the wheel default preset and confirm the mappings work as expected.

Once this is confirmed, modify the preset to your liking and save it with a different name. 

See if the issue is fixed when you exit the game. Please post feedback.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:02 PM, steviejay69 said:

Can you try this please?

Go in-game and delete all custom profiles saved with your wheel. Do not use GHub or LGS to back up any game settings.

Disconnect your wheel and Geek uninstall GHub and LGS (if installed)? Reboot.

Please also try running Logitech Driver Cleaner

USBDeView will list all the USB devices connected / historic connected. Logitech devices have a vendor ID of 046D

G29 is device ID C24F/C260 (AIUI C260 would be correct (PS4 mode) for PC)?

G920 is device ID C261/C262 (AIUI C262 would be correct for PC)?

G923 is device ID C266/C267/C26E (AIUI C26E would be correct for PC, others one is XBox SKU one is PS4 SKU)?

Install latest GHub, reboot and attach wheel.

USBDeView should report Logitech device as "correct for PC" (the only other possible inactive entry would be the bulk driver associated with the wheel, i.e. other device ID).

Configure in GHub and test inputs.

Verify Steam files and delete hardware_settings_config.xml before launching F1 2021.

Pick the wheel default preset and confirm the mappings work as expected.

Once this is confirmed, modify the preset to your liking and save it with a different name. 

See if the issue is fixed when you exit the game. Please post feedback.

Anyone tried this?