Jump to content Jump to content

PXG F1 Telemetry for F1 2021


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

PXG F1 Telemetry is now ready for F1 2021.

This open source telemetry software allows you to collect data when you drive to refine your setups and improve your driving.

925127746_Capturedecran2021-07-31a20_51_03.thumb.png.aeca0aa920a6a8d888e7ddd3e3cc1774.png

It is available on PC and Mac and it can be used to get the telemetry data from any platform where F1 2021 runs (PC, PS4, XBOX).

You can download the last version here : https://bitbucket.org/Fiingon/pxg-f1-telemetry/downloads/

Any feedback is welcomed.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ender0042 said:
  • Adds the possibility to forward the UDP data to another ip address

What did we do to deserve you?

By the way, I reserved the UDP specs to check them later myself, but do you think it is possible to calculate or somehow project weight transfer/load distribution?

We have data for spring movement already and longitudinal/latitudinal forces. It would be nice to check how (1) our setups (springs and anti roll bars mostly) and (2) our driving inputs impact weight distribution. Could help optimizing braking technique, lines, and setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, marioho said:

By the way, I reserved the UDP specs to check them later myself, but do you think it is possible to calculate or somehow project weight transfer/load distribution?

We have data for spring movement already and longitudinal/latitudinal forces. It would be nice to check how (1) our setups (springs and anti roll bars mostly) and (2) our driving inputs impact weight distribution. Could help optimizing braking technique, lines, and setup.

That's would be cool although I'm not sure how to do it. I'll be happy if you can help for that. You can contact me in private to discuss this if you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 12:46 AM, marioho said:

What did we do to deserve you?

By the way, I reserved the UDP specs to check them later myself, but do you think it is possible to calculate or somehow project weight transfer/load distribution?

We have data for spring movement already and longitudinal/latitudinal forces. It would be nice to check how (1) our setups (springs and anti roll bars mostly) and (2) our driving inputs impact weight distribution. Could help optimizing braking technique, lines, and setup.

Good idea, as RH and proper aero load (like 5500NM front and 6085NM rear and CoP as well)...few software have a math formula to calculate it (using suspension deglections aka more wings load more deflection) but it seems F1 simulate aero load in a weird way. Roll gradient would be great too, again another software let you create those math channels...not to mention lateral stiff distribution to help settings ARBS...

By the way @Ender0042 with the new f1 2021 version I've still the same problem...look the differences between my data and AI or others humans player data...impossibile to compare that way. My data is a correct line, the data from the others are just weird.

Another hint, if possible, having wheel slip and differential graph...having used those in other softwares, they are priceless...knowing if and how much the diff open while braking can make a big differences in setups and corner entry. By the way, it's such a very very useful software, thank you! 🙂

EDIT just realized data looks weird in other programs too (check 2nd image) ...it is maybe sometihing related to telemetry game options? I've set it to 60hz...

Immagine.thumb.jpg.d1c5dbfc5b87f587f4e8bbdddd738096.jpgImmagine1.thumb.jpg.da4660192301c231b589a1c8d6480dca.jpg

 

 

Edited by Alastre
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dwin20 said:

Thanks for this!  Have come across a few items - started with Spain/Catalunya... 

For Spain/Catalunya - noticed that there are some lines for corners missing - 3, 6, 8, 11, 15, 16 -  not seriously problematic for reading the telemetry as the track position map easily lets you align the cursor to those corners - was this intentional?

However, there is a line (18) between 9 and 10 - which is near the DRS activation point.

Really like the tool tips when hovering over the telemetry variables!!

In the previous thread for version 2 you said you might not include "Balance" in future versions - but it is in this. Are you more satisfied with this variable - as it looks like it could be quite helpful.

Again thanks for this!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwin20 said:

For Spain/Catalunya - noticed that there are some lines for corners missing - 3, 6, 8, 11, 15, 16 -  not seriously problematic for reading the telemetry as the track position map easily lets you align the cursor to those corners - was this intentional?

However, there is a line (18) between 9 and 10 - which is near the DRS activation point.

Really like the tool tips when hovering over the telemetry variables!!

In the previous thread for version 2 you said you might not include "Balance" in future versions - but it is in this. Are you more satisfied with this variable - as it looks like it could be quite helpful.

Again thanks for this!

Indeed, the line 18 is an error. However for for the missing line you mentioned, yes it is intentional in order to make the graph less messy.

As for the balance variable, it didn't change. I'm not sure about what to do with this. It doesn't really hurt to let it here so I didn't remove it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Alastre said:

Another hint, if possible, having wheel slip and differential graph...having used those in other softwares, they are priceless...knowing if and how much the diff open while braking can make a big differences in setups and corner entry. By the way, it's such a very very useful software, thank you! 🙂

EDIT just realized data looks weird in other programs too (check 2nd image) ...it is maybe sometihing related to telemetry game options? I've set it to 60hz...

 

That would be nice, but again I'm not sure how to make something correct and useful. Any help for this would be appreciated.

For the graphs: indeed, it seems that it come from the game. Nothing I can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ender0042 I'll get back to you on the weight transfer thing in the coming days.

Loving the car damage stat. Is it possible to integrate it on the track cursor as well? Somehow display it on the cursor as event points or something like that? Guess it's too much hassle to represent every category of damage on the chart, but maybe a dot or another markup so that we can see where in the lap the damage happened? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, marioho said:

@Ender0042 I'll get back to you on the weight transfer thing in the coming days.

Loving the car damage stat. Is it possible to integrate it on the track cursor as well? Somehow display it on the cursor as event points or something like that? Guess it's too much hassle to represent every category of damage on the chart, but maybe a dot or another markup so that we can see where in the lap the damage happened? 

This is a good idea, I'll add that in the todo list for the futur.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Blent said:

Thanks a lot!

Do you have anywhere where we can donate something as a token of gratitude for your work?

Thanks, however there is nothing yet. I don't really need donation, but since multiple people asked for it I might do something in the futur.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, first of all I want to thank you for this magnificent tool and for the time you dedicate to this.

I am writing to ask if anyone has the same problem as me using it. In the tab "tracking" I give the button "Start" and how it should be the status changes to "waiting for a session"

Then I start a TT session and the status changes to "tracking in progress" from what I understand there are no problems with the port and others

But the problem is that it does not recognize the circuit and the session that I am running, but it appears constantly changing between "Melbourne unknown", "Melbourne FP1", "unknown". Also in the pilots tab I see a lot of strange symbols.

And finally, after a while, the application closes

I am attaching a screenshot in case it helps.

Greetings.

 

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-05 201856.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you playing F1 2021?

That happens when the telemetry formats are incompatible. Like when you are playing F1 2020 and the app is expecting to receive F1 2021 data, or you're playing F1 2021 with telemetry set to Legacy 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, marioho said:

Are you playing F1 2021?

That happens when the telemetry formats are incompatible. Like when you are playing F1 2020 and the app is expecting to receive F1 2021 data, or you're playing F1 2021 with telemetry set to Legacy 2020.

Excellent! At the beginning I was using the previous version of the application and I had changed the telemetry format to 2020. I already corrected it and it works perfect!
Thank you very much for the quick response!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ender0042Been using this a lot - and it really has been helpful! 

I think I came across a minor bug. If I clear out laps from a track I was looking at and load data from another track - if I click on track position in telemetry it shows the track from the first set of data and has the cursor dot on it - but it shows the race line on the correct track. The data is fine as well. 

If I close out of the program and come back in - and add laps from the second track it loads fine. So it is very easily dealt with but if I went to another track before closing out of the program the same thing described above occurs. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwin20 said:

I think I came across a minor bug. If I clear out laps from a track I was looking at and load data from another track - if I click on track position in telemetry it shows the track from the first set of data and has the cursor dot on it - but it shows the race line on the correct track. The data is fine as well. 

Heh, found the exact same bug today and for the first time.

@Ender0042, I was fiddling with standing starts on Time Trial. Just stopping the car at the "0m" distance mark to the DRS activation line to measure my top speed and the impact of some setup changes. Noticed that whenever I had to engage reverse, the app simply dropped the lap and stopped tracking it. Is it intended?

Had to restart the lap every time I overshot the DRS line. Not a big deal but thought I should ask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2021 at 10:18 PM, dwin20 said:

@Ender0042Been using this a lot - and it really has been helpful! 

I think I came across a minor bug. If I clear out laps from a track I was looking at and load data from another track - if I click on track position in telemetry it shows the track from the first set of data and has the cursor dot on it - but it shows the race line on the correct track. The data is fine as well. 

If I close out of the program and come back in - and add laps from the second track it loads fine. So it is very easily dealt with but if I went to another track before closing out of the program the same thing described above occurs. 

 

Thanks for reporting, I'll take a look at that bug.

 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:45 PM, marioho said:

Heh, found the exact same bug today and for the first time.

@Ender0042, I was fiddling with standing starts on Time Trial. Just stopping the car at the "0m" distance mark to the DRS activation line to measure my top speed and the impact of some setup changes. Noticed that whenever I had to engage reverse, the app simply dropped the lap and stopped tracking it. Is it intended?

Had to restart the lap every time I overshot the DRS line. Not a big deal but thought I should ask. 

Yes, this behavior is intended in order to simplify the code. It is not supposed to happen frequently. But maybe it could be improved by  making it work like a flashback.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...