Jump to content Jump to content

PXG F1 Telemetry for F1 2021

2 hours ago, JWright1522 said:

question, I tried downloading this on my Mac but it won't allow me to open the file cause Mac OS says its unable to verify the developer.. any way around this?

I think you have to control click the file...

On 9/11/2021 at 1:24 AM, Noboton said:

Hi everyone, does anyone know if the "total stint time" data can be found among the stint analysis options? I find the time per lap, but I can't see the sum of them, that is, the total time ...

There is no such thing right now. But it's a good idea, I might add it.

18 hours ago, BeanX said:

Hey I was just wondering if I can't get banned for using something like this? Obviously it's not cheating but I don't want the game thinking I use cheats or something :classic_huh:

Don't worry. The app only use data provided officially by the game. There is no hack so you cannot get banned for this. Also in online games, the players have an option to restrict the data send by the telemetry (it is on by default).

@Ender0042Good work! You are definitely heading in the right direction! There are so many stories that can come from this tool. Stories that explain the math around Codemaster's logic.

Stories around

• how effective are the TT setups in a race. 
  • Do little setup tweaks really effect wear, car damage, performance. 

The trick is now to understand which metric that can tell that story. Which is my question to you @Ender0042Which metric do you find useful in measuring your setups? What are you looking for? Where do you find that height is the most optimal as it relates to top speed vs quickness vs damage vs lost of grip? I would love to know your personal sets in making your setups. That would be amazing. @marioho

Ride height... Haha that's a story that can jerk tears out of me. Changing the center of gravity – CG as in changing the ride height has a significant impact on load transfer when cornering or braking/accelerating. Bottoming the car out has a significant impact on grip as you'll be disrupting the whole aerodynamic concept of the car plus stalling the diffuser. So you have all the incentive in the world to simultaneously set the car as low as possible while keeping it from hitting the floor.

Unfortunately I don't think the telemetry of the game let us peek at those things, even though they're most certainly being simulated by the engine.  

20 hours ago, marioho said:

Ride height... Haha that's a story that can jerk tears out of me. Changing the center of gravity – CG as in changing the ride height has a significant impact on load transfer when cornering or braking/accelerating. Bottoming the car out has a significant impact on grip as you'll be disrupting the whole aerodynamic concept of the car plus stalling the diffuser. So you have all the incentive in the world to simultaneously set the car as low as possible while keeping it from hitting the floor.

Unfortunately I don't think the telemetry of the game let us peek at those things, even though they're most certainly being simulated by the engine.  

As we have both noted before - while Codemasters provides in telemetry the actual change in wheel suspension positions - they abstract the ride height and as a result you have no idea what the actual positions are. 😞 

• Agree 1

@ShelbyUSA

Indeed there is not enough data to analyse the ride height. Personally, the data I am looking for a race setup is the tyre wear and the tyre temperature: I try to adjust my setup to make the wear more or less the same on all wheels.

The data is not easy to analyse because it depends on the setup but also on your driving. If you are not consistent, comparison are not always relevant.

I don't have a discord channel. I might make one someday.

Edited by Ender0042
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ender0042 said:

@ShelbyUSA

Indeed there is not enough data to analyse the ride height. Personally, the data I am looking for a race setup is the tyre wear and the tyre temperature: I try to adjust my setup to make the wear more or less the same on all wheels.

The data is not easy to analyse because it depends on the setup but also on your driving. If you are not consistent, comparison are not always relevant.

It would be great to see your check list. Maybe a video? Just the process. 

• Record session (practice, race, or maybe TT?) 
  • Load stint? Race? TT? file
  • Comparison file?
  • Click on your available attributes boxes - time, tire temps, gs?, traction?
  • Recommended format tweaks to see the data within your app once its loaded. 
  • Recommend areas where to look and how to read the data once all loaded. What are you looking for? Best practices

Something like this. Maybe a decision tree diagram? That would be amazing. 

3 minutes ago, ShelbyUSA said:

It would be great to see your check list. Maybe a video? Just the process. 

• Record session (practice, race, or maybe TT?) 
  • Load stint? Race? TT? file
  • Comparison file?
  • Click on your available attributes boxes - time, tire temps, gs?, traction?
  • Recommended format tweaks to see the data within your app once its loaded. 
  • Recommend areas where to look and how to read the data once all loaded. What are you looking for? Best practices

Something like this. Maybe a decision tree diagram? That would be amazing. 

That would be amazing, but I won't do that myself. I'm already busy with the coding and I have a lot in my todo list. I'm doing that in my free time.

But if someone is willing to help and invest some times for this, he is welcomed 😀.

1 minute ago, Ender0042 said:

That would be amazing, but I won't do that myself. I'm already busy with the coding and I have a lot in my todo list. I'm doing that in my free time.

But if someone is willing to help and invest some times for this, he is welcomed 😀.

I would love too, however, I am not familiar with the tool and what is optimum. @marioho Wanna take a stab at it? I can help reviewing and refining...??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ender0042 said:

@ShelbyUSA

Can you do this looking at just laps or is that not enough data...

Edited by dwin20
26 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

Can you do this looking at just laps or is that not enough data...

I believe its enough data. @Ender0042has combined some interesting UDP attributes that i am super curious about. i.e. Traction, Tyre Stress, Long/Lat Gs, and balance. Separate from my curiosity,

Here is my goal.

• first properly record 10laps on softs practice session with a base TT setup in Dry Clear day. Keep the environment controlled. 
  • Restart the practice session, because you want the environment controlled as much as possible. i.e. Car damage, rubbering in. 
  • Alter the setup with @Ender0042step by step process by looking at PXG results
  • Record a 10laps run on softs

Assuming the newest setup is faster race pace, I am curious about the difference between Traction, Tyre Stress, Long/Lat Gs, and balance. If there is a difference, what is the delta? Is that what we should be looking for? What is the benefit of those changes and etc.??

This is where my mind is heading. Then, I have additional thoughts where I am going with this offline. 

4 hours ago, marioho said:

@ShelbyUSA @Ender0042 easy peasy! I mean, if we're talking about jotting the process down into words, I can do that easily in a couple hours tops. Just making a video out of it or screen recording that is a bit above my leisure-time paygrade haha

That would be great already. Thanks !

4 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

We can set up a discord too, if you like. 

Ok, I will try to set up a discord next week so that all people who want to help can share info. (There is also @Nuvolarix which help me for the testing 🙂).

Unless you to do it, I don't mind.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, ShelbyUSA said:

I believe its enough data. @Ender0042has combined some interesting UDP attributes that i am super curious about. i.e. Traction, Tyre Stress, Long/Lat Gs, and balance. Separate from my curiosity,

Here is my goal.

• first properly record 10laps on softs practice session with a base TT setup in Dry Clear day. Keep the environment controlled. 
  • Restart the practice session, because you want the environment controlled as much as possible. i.e. Car damage, rubbering in. 
  • Alter the setup with @Ender0042step by step process by looking at PXG results
  • Record a 10laps run on softs

Assuming the newest setup is faster race pace, I am curious about the difference between Traction, Tyre Stress, Long/Lat Gs, and balance. If there is a difference, what is the delta? Is that what we should be looking for? What is the benefit of those changes and etc.??

This is where my mind is heading. Then, I have additional thoughts where I am going with this offline. 

Hi @ShelbyUSA, I have done a couple of test like this with F1 2021 (before the latest patch, so different performance), but only changing front and/or rear wings (even 4-5 different settings). In some cases with both (S) and (M) to check my pace and my ‘feelings’. If it’s interesting for you I may send you my PXG telemetry data…

Regards,

Nuv

• Like 2
On 9/17/2021 at 6:34 PM, marioho said:

I really like this idea of setting up a discord server and all! If we're at the point of designating roles already, can I please be the Blue Power Ranger?

I'm in on this Discord if you'll have me.  I've got some ideas I'd love to hash out as well.  

Edited by JOmNrES
grammar
9 hours ago, JOmNrES said:

I'm in on this Discord if you'll have me.  I've got some ideas I'd love to hash out as well.  

Ok, I'll send you an invite.

But note that the server will be more for people who really want to involved themself in the development of the software. If someone want to make some simple suggestions, it's better to write them here.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1