Jump to content Jump to content

Just lost all my Save Data.... SAVEGAME NEEDED

This was an issue in last year's game (PS4) and was mainly caused by accepting an online game invite before starting the game first. If you did this and you didn't know you had to restart the game when the game asks you to make a new avatar or else it would overwrite your previous saves if you proceeded.

My only advice on this until it can be fixed is if you start up the game and it asks you to create a new avatar do not continue close the game restart your console and your save game hopefully won't be overwritten. 

I remember going through this and it happening again but not creating a new driver and restarting my game/console fixed thf issue for me. 

1 minute ago, smudger1982 said:

This was an issue in last year's game (PS4) and was mainly caused by accepting an online game invite before starting the game first. If you did this and you didn't know you had to restart the game when the game asks you to make a new avatar or else it would overwrite your previous saves if you proceeded.

My only advice on this until it can be fixed is if you start up the game and it asks you to create a new avatar do not continue close the game restart your console and your save game hopefully won't be overwritten. 

I remember going through this and it happening again but not creating a new driver and restarting my game/console fixed thf issue for me. 

Yeah this is how it happened to me 

@BarryBL Today and with many other occasions I tried joining a private lobby I had been invited to only to be told it had failed. After 2 game resets and 2 more attempts at entering it still failed, 1 PS4 restart later I finally got into the lobby.

BUT ALL MY SAVE DATA IS NOW GONE:

I would quite like these back I did not spend a large number hours on Time Trial creating 15 odd setups so I could be competitive for absolutely nothing. My profile data and liveries are also gone:

This is a wetransfer download link to a .zip file of my F1 2021 save data copied from my PS4:

https://we.tl/t-FL0XDdUBYD

Also why can we no longer simply go onto our friends list and select 'Join Session' like we could on old games. Having to message a friend a request an invite is incredibly annoying and frustrating. A task which is made even more difficult by the fact that you can only invite someone to a session when waiting in the lobby. With previous games you could invite at the end of a race on the results screen.

Regards,

Chris

• Administrator
On 10/13/2021 at 8:56 AM, ChrisWF1 said:

@BarryBL Today and with many other occasions I tried joining a private lobby I had been invited to only to be told it had failed. After 2 game resets and 2 more attempts at entering it still failed, 1 PS4 restart later I finally got into the lobby.

BUT ALL MY SAVE DATA IS NOW GONE:

I would quite like these back I did not spend a large number hours on Time Trial creating 15 odd setups so I could be competitive for absolutely nothing. My profile data and liveries are also gone:

This is a wetransfer download link to a .zip file of my F1 2021 save data copied from my PS4:

https://we.tl/t-FL0XDdUBYD

Also why can we no longer simply go onto our friends list and select 'Join Session' like we could on old games. Having to message a friend a request an invite is incredibly annoying and frustrating. A task which is made even more difficult by the fact that you can only invite someone to a session when waiting in the lobby. With previous games you could invite at the end of a race on the results screen.

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

So you've lost liveries, time trail setups, everything? 

I'll get the save over to the team.

Also, what were your last actions in-game before the save data disappeared. I'm on Annual leave, so will be useful to bullet point your last moves below please

I appear to have lost everything apart from the occasional time trial personal best lap times, but I don't have the setups anymore, the load setup screen was completely blank.

I had been invited to a private lobby, which I join almost on a daily basis, although after selecting join session I was confronted with a message saying failed to join session.

- I reset the game and tried to join again... 2nd attempt also failed.

- I reset the game and tried to join again... 3rd attempt also failed.

- I restarted the PS4 for the 4th attempt.

- The game then asked for Gamma adjustments as though I had never played the game before.

- After confirming this it did successfully join the lobby.

- I believe on one of these occasions I did try accepting the lobby invitation before opening the game and after reading this topic I think this is where the issue has stemmed from.

https://we.tl/t-FL0XDdUBYD     [SAME LINK AS BEFORE: DOWNLOAD EXPIRES IN 5 DAYS]

23 minutes ago, jcaldwell9 said:

I lost hours of saved data from myself and my son. Totally inexcusable. How do I get a refund? 

I lost everything as well pal.I tried getting one mate, not a chance getting a refund 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 9:03 AM, BarryBL said:

I've reported this to devs. If you are PS4 or PC, please attach your savegame folder:

PC:

·         Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

·         Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)

·         Right click on the 1134570 folder (this is your F1 2021 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

PS4

·         Insert a USB drive into your console

·         Go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.

·         Select your F1 2021 save and copy it to the USB.

·         Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.

·         Compress the PS4/5 folder to a zip file

·         Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

·         Make sure you add this to your completed bug report

@BarryBL

Sooo, I just had this happen to me.  I completed a race in my career and when I was exiting the race to go back to the season menu, the gamed bugged out and kicked me back to the main menu of the game.  At that point, all my seasons I had started and game data vanished.  I've attached my game data from my steam folder in hopes you can save it or give me some things I can try.  

1134570.rar

Edited by eregs
  • Thanks 1

Console: PS4 Pro

So, I have had the game since the first week it came out. 

And I just today lost all my settings and setup and everything for the 2nd time now..... 

It happened 2 months ago, when I couldn't join an online lobby, had to restart game and boom everything gone. 

I thought, ok, can happen, it's been a bug fest until then anyway... 

Today I started up the ps4 and clicked an F1 2021 invite I had pending. 

And it started the game as if it was its maiden startup. Lost everything again... 

Offline career gone, all camera settings, setups, game setting, online trophies, super license, all gone. 

My TT leaderboard times are still there though. 

Codemasters, this game is not very steady... Sort it out, I payed a whole lot of money for it!! 

Edited by Snippie83

I just had all my data erased (settups, liveries, and FOV settings) right before a league race which was quite unfortunate. I spent a good amount of time and money on these things. Is there a way to retrieve it all or do i need to start over? I can provide steps to what caused the issue if needed.