Jump to content Jump to content

Multiplayer Player loading screen "Waiting for player"

Same bug as in the previous three or even four games.

During the loading screen for multiplayer race it seems that one player is not getting ready and you are stuck on the loading screen.

The obvious solution seems to be to build in a time-out which automatically disconnects players after a certain amount of time. However since this seems so obvious I can't imagine you guys from codemasters haven't thought about that yet. I therefore assume that the screen information with a stuck player is not the full story. What is happening in thosse cases? Is there a way to prevent it?

Also if you can't fix it, can you at least provide an option to get back to the main menu during the loading screen without restarting the game...

Really anoing seeing this game behaviour reapeat year after year  after year....

grafik.thumb.png.e129720a9fbc1f43b6ce4e2bb72e99a7.png

• Agree 2

Bump this is a widespread problem. Its really annoying because you have to back out by hitting ALT+F4. Thats exactly what the issue is one player loses connection or something and then the rest of us sit in limbo waiting for a player to load that never will. This is On PC I dont know if the issues is also present on the other systems.

• Agree 1

I'm afraid we won't get a response from Codemasters on this. They seem to be unable to fix this issue since as you stated existed for years already and destroys probably hundreds of lobbies a day.

Its so frustrating to wait all the way for the lobby to fill with players, everyone pressing ready to then just have everyone alt+F4 because one single player failed to load.

i agree it is very annoying
it should be added ability to go back in main menu or auto kick that player out in like 15 sec if not fully loaded 

normaly one person hold lobby with 10 People or more

Edited by massa88
  • Agree 1

They should just time out the slow players. What makes it even worse is, if you minimize the game on PC it won't load, it will wait for you to come back into the game before it loads. This way I delayed many lobbies by accident and other players probably too. This was not the case in 2020 where you could hear in the background that it finished loading and the race is about to start

Edited by Feuerbanane

Same issue when returning to lobby from race (ranked mode in my case). If one player is unreachable / unavailable, the game gets stuck in "waiting for player"-process. There is no timeout, as written before. You have to quit the game and restart it. No chance of going back to main menu. 

@Codemasters??? Any infors or details why this keeps happening and why a time-out is not a solution?

Assuming the bug is known, however if you need more details please let me know...

Also again, if fixing is impossible could you at least implement a workaround to avoid restarting the game...

I'm not gona stop asking just because you keep ignoring this codemasters...

I asked politely for information on a faulty behaviour in a product I purchased... Actually a faulty behaviour in at least three or four products that I bought over the past couple of years.

The only thing I want is some information on why this behaviour, that seems to be fixable with a simple timeout, is not so simple and what your plan and timeline is to fix this.

I even indicated to live with a simpel workaround.