Jump to content Jump to content

AI Grid Penalties are too frequent and inaccurate

I play on Player Career Mode on the Xbox One, with full Qualifying and 50% races. Every race there are at least 5 drivers who receive grid penalties and I feel it is not realistic at all. I have also noticed it is often Pierre Gasly, Carlos Sainz, Max Verstappen and Lando Norris. An example of this is my current race, where I qualified P9 in Brazil in the Alpha Tauri yet start P5 due to grid penalties to the AI. My teammate Gasly qualified P10 yet starts P11, which makes no sense as you can’t get a 1 place grid penalty. It has crossed my mind that the results in qualifying could not have been carried over to the race however more often than not Crofty says the line ‘They’ve taken a grid penalty’. I hope this bug/issue can be resolved soon.

Edited by NathanFrench
Improved information on the issue
1 hour ago, NathanFrench said:

I play on Player Career Mode on the Xbox One, with full Qualifying and 50% races. Every race there are at least 5 drivers who receive grid penalties and I feel it is not realistic at all. I have also noticed it is often Pierre Gasly, Carlos Sainz, Max Verstappen and Lando Norris. An example of this is my current race, where I qualified P9 in Brazil in the Alpha Tauri yet start P5 due to grid penalties to the AI. My teammate Gasly qualified P10 yet starts P11, which makes no sense as you can’t get a 1 place grid penalty. It has crossed my mind that the results in qualifying could not have been carried over to the race however more often than not Crofty says the line ‘They’ve taken a grid penalty’. I hope this bug/issue can be resolved soon.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:52 PM, NathanFrench said:

Just doing a race at Australia and qualified P8 however I start P2 due to the order not being saved or the ai receiving penalties. In total 8 drivers received penalties. Please fix the issue soon🙏

Qualified for pole, replaced engine before race got a 127 point grip penalty, not the first time it has messed up in similar fashion, it does stuff like that frequently.  At the start of the race, it announced I was on pole too.

Lots of strange things happen with this game from time to time,  I have learned to live with it, it may be fixed but doubtful, higher priority issues, plus this is the old version now.