Jump to content Jump to content

Anyone else having hardly any DNFs, SCs and race incidents in Career Mode / My Team?

I wanted to ask about other people's experiences before I reported this as a bug in case everything is working as intended.

I was one of the players who had barely any Safety Car appearances in career mode in F1 2019 and then again in F1 2020. I really enjoy racing in this game, but having the SC never make an appearance for two games straight was a little disappointing because it meant there was never a risk of races suddenly transforming due to a opportunistic Safety Car deployment. And reading reports of hundreds of players having no such issues was pretty frustrating, because there was no obvious reason why I and many other players would be having a different experience to everyone else.

I was really excited to read about having the option to choose an 'Increased' SC deployment rate for this year, thinking that it would eliminate this issue and I could enjoy a bit of variety in my career mode races.

I'm really honestly bummed to have to report that, eight races into my first MyTeam season, I've had only two SC appearances despite my setting set to 'Increased'. I've also only had five DNFs in the entire season over eight races - and one of them was my own engine failure in Singapore.

1275584583_F12021_20210731213943.thumb.png.5995da39e73141e7d0e1d74b399f6e61.png

(Ignore all the DNFs in the USA - that was when I was hit by the AI DSQ bug at CoTA that a lot of people have posted)

I really, genuinely thought things would be different this time, but it looks like I'm going to have the same uneventful racing that I had the last two games. And racing is still really fun - don't get me wrong. But when I see what other players have happen with AI drivers crashing out and making mistakes and the SC shaking things up - that just doesn't seem to happen for me and I have absolutely no explanation as to why.

And before you ask - yes, I have checked all my settings. Multiple times. Just like I did in 2019 and 2020 too. I do 50% distance races, 95-97 AI, Simulation damage, SC on and set to 'Increased', etc etc

Is anyone else having the same as me? Why would my experience in my game be so different to so many other players? For the third game in a row?

I love this franchise so much, but I just want to be able to enjoy crazy, eventful races in my career mode and have AI drivers crash out every now and then like they seem to for so many others.

Edited by Blent

i had so many crazy races and incidents, i just can't count them anymore. It's like i would play bumper cars instead of F1. Bahrain was nasty 😄

kojhug.png

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Thanks 1

1 or 2 DNF sometime by race for a mechanical issue only.  0 SC. Absolutely 0 after 1 season.

So I tried using the same mod I used for F1 2020 to increase crashes. 0 effect, whatever the setting on front wing and chassis damage. Because AI does less stupid things. They avoid others more easily than with F1 2020 😑. This point is for me the most frustrating point compared to F1 2020. With the same setting and mod in F1 2020 i haved 2 to 5 DNF with crashes. 

Moreover, simulation damages are useless from my point of view. It concerned only the Player car and not the bots. Like punctures for example. I increased punctures through ERP files to check ... impossible to create a puncture on bots cars, but i succeed to have 100% for my car at each hit. 😒 But that point was true in F1 2020 as well. So I prefer to stay with standard damage. ..

2 months ago, i smiled to see the car of Lewis Hamilton sliding and hitting the wall at Bakou and created a huge accident in front of me with F1 2020. I believe i will never see that with F1 2021 and it makes me angry 😠

Edited by La Poubelle
7 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

i had so many crazy races and incidents, i just can't count them anymore. It's like i would play bumper cars instead of F1. Bahrain was nasty 😄

kojhug.png

Thank you for sharing! 'Crazy' really is the right word for what a lot of those races look like.

It's good to know that other players are having exciting races that can get eventful. I just want to have the same thing too, you know? See some of the leaders trip over each other and snipe a lucky point every now and then thanks to the Safety Car, that kind of thing.

It's not that I want every race to be like that. But it's just that when you set the SC rate to 'Increased', you'd expect to get one more than twice in eight races...

If you're too good, it's no wonder you don't have dnfs or safety cars. 
If you want action you have to be a little dirty now and then, every F1 driver does that. And it harms no one, because these are all just AI drivers.
that's the trick behind it 😄

Edited by FTBuzzard
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, FTBuzzard said:

If you're too good, it's no wonder you don't have dnfs or safety cars. 
If you want action you have to be a little dirty now and then, every F1 driver does that. And it harms no one, because these are all just AI drivers.
that's the trick behind it 😄

Maybe that's the problem. I drive like I literally pay the repair bills myself whereas I should embrace my inner Maldonado.

I'm not saying that you should ram all your opponents off the track in every race, but the AI has been programmed for fair motorsport. If you don't do any action, no one else will either.
Then make the gaps a little smaller or give less space in corners.
What happened at Silverstone between Hamilton and Verstappen was the result of one (or both) of them not giving way, which is how most incidents happen.

And just because you set the safetycar to maximum doesn't mean that the AI will cause more accidents.

• Like 1