Jump to content Jump to content

Cars may be too fast


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Exasperated said:

You drive in T- Cam . On a wheel or a pad?

Both, as I said in the first post. I was using the pad on F1 2017-2020. Since F1 2021 I fully switched from the pad to the wheel, but I tested it with the pad aswell. I still can't get the point you are trying to reach tho, speed has nothing to do with cam, I'm sure that if I want to switch to cockpit cam it won't take more than some hours to be equally fast, I use T Cam to see better the surroundings of the car in a wheel to wheel action, not to be faster. 
Raw car speed is what this thread is about, not cam or AI

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Retentive said:

Both, as I said in the first post. I was using the pad on F1 2017-2020. Since F1 2021 I fully switched from the pad to the wheel, but I tested it with the pad aswell. I still can't get the point you are trying to reach tho, speed has nothing to do with cam, I'm sure that if I want to switch to cockpit cam it won't take more than some hours to be equally fast, I use T Cam to see better the surroundings of the car in a wheel to wheel action, not to be faster. 
Raw car speed is what this thread is about, not cam or AI

Yes I understand the whole speed thing its too fast ,faster times are set than are possible in real life etc etc. Yes Code masters need to fix it as its not realistic.

You are 10 feet tall sat on a BIG Kart , the rest of the field are average height for human replicants and they are in F1 cars ,that being the case just exactly what has reality got to do with the game when a player opts to play in this way , get in cockpit view and use the vicinity arrows that let you know where the other cars are and set look to apex to 15 degrees and sit as far forward as you can for as close to real drivers view as you can and then its almost all right to start talking about reality and making the game relate to it. If you can drive just as fast in cockpit view as T-Cam why if you want realism are you choosing to drive in a TV camera view that makes the whole experience totally un realistic . You don't have to answer that as people who drive cockpit cam know exactly why you choose T-Cam.

If you drive on a pad then anything goes , if a player is on a wheel and drives in T- Cam then starts talking about making things in game be exactly as they are in reality then that is plainly ridiculous. "What's the weather like up there"?

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the car is too fast as you made clear Raw pace is too much , I'm going to guess that your pace is going to drop off if you get into cockpit view and you cannot see as much as you can when you have a birds eye view of the track and what is going on around you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

I agree with the overall sentiment here, as this thread was a rollercoaster to read. 

To cover a few of the many things in this thread:

  1.  Car performance vs real-life, in some instances, is valid and something I can confirm we are investigating. No news other than that, but we are looking at it.
  2.  There's a argument T-Cam gives you a distinctive performance increase. This is simply not true. The only reason there is even a discussion of this is that you can see more of the track. If you find good cockpit settings (I'm happy to post a screenshot of mine which are pretty good if wanted) you can negate this and get the benefit of extra immersion. From my personal experience, I ONLY use cockpit cam and in the rare moments I change, I'm actually slower. So there is no measurable improvement here except personal experience and preference. Like correctly stated here, its a game. Play it how you enjoy it and also, accept that players play the game differently. No need for the tension because of a camera angle or a assist for example. 
  3. We improve the AI's core difficulty every year to present a challenge to returning players. Something to aim for. That is different to point 1. 
  4. I like @PV75's comments here (except the swearing 😛 ). To hammer it home really, play the game how you like and what makes you enjoy it. Use a assist? No worries. Use T-Cam? Why we put it in for. As long as everyone can race together and have some on-track action, its the design objective.

I've raced @Retentive in our Forum Championship and we have a lot of fun. He's quicker than me, but I can sneak a result. More importantly, its good fun on a Friday.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Just now, PV75 said:

@BarryBL my apologies about the swearing!

All good. When you're giving a assessment of yourself, I'll let it slide 😄 

Everyone starts somewhere at the game. I literally work on it and have loads of room to improve, on-track especially. I'm at about 93-ish AI now, I'll cap at 103 over the course of the year 🙂 . Keep going and you'll improve. 

Respect the honesty and balancing of the post.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

Yes I understand the whole speed thing its too fast ,faster times are set than are possible in real life etc etc. Yes Code masters need to fix it as its not realistic.

You are 10 feet tall sat on a BIG Kart , the rest of the field are average height for human replicants and they are in F1 cars ,that being the case just exactly what has reality got to do with the game when a player opts to play in this way , get in cockpit view and use the vicinity arrows that let you know where the other cars are and set look to apex to 15 degrees and sit as far forward as you can for as close to real drivers view as you can and then its almost all right to start talking about reality and making the game relate to it. If you can drive just as fast in cockpit view as T-Cam why if you want realism are you choosing to drive in a TV camera view that makes the whole experience totally un realistic . You don't have to answer that as people who drive cockpit cam know exactly why you choose T-Cam.

If you drive on a pad then anything goes , if a player is on a wheel and drives in T- Cam then starts talking about making things in game be exactly as they are in reality then that is plainly ridiculous. "What's the weather like up there"?

The older F1 games didnt really have great camera controls, even less so for cockpit camera. This is why a lot of seasoned Codemaster F1 players tend to use T-cam still, as it was the most usable view back in those less customizable days. With regards to the youtubers, T-cam gives their viewing audience a much better view of the action. Something that a lot appreciate, as they can get a better sense of whats going on while watching. It is somewhat similar for Dirt Rally youtubers as well, as a lot of them use the external views; usually to give their audience a better view of the action.

I always prefer playing in cockpit cam in racing games, especially when using my wheel. And since the custom cockpit camera controls have been a thing in the more recent F1 games, cockpit is all I use. I can put the camera where it feels 'right' for me, my monitor and my seating posistion in my wheel rig.

What T-cam doesnt do however, is make someone faster. People are alien fast in racing games, will always be alien fast. No matter what view they use. Its no the view that make them fast, its the sheer amount of hours of practice they put in day in and day out to get fast. To learn every inch of the track, to perfect their driving line for the most optimal cornering speeds and corner exits speeds.

This topic about camara view is nothing new in racing games, they all have it. Forza, Dirt Rally, GT, Assetto Corsa. Its the same discussion time and time again.

I get that this topic isnt about the camera view, but the camera view was mentioned; and the discussion as steered (no pun intended) in that direction somewhat.

Currently I am slow in the F1 games, I just dont play them enough to be on pace when compared to the faster people. So sitting in cockpit view and driving the tracks, I am slower than the same youtuber mentioned in this thread earlier. Thats on me, my lack of practice with this specific racing title/series, and an entirely me problem.

In Dirt Rally however, the story is reversed; as I have put time in to practice. And as much as people hate to hear it, practice is what will help people get quicker.

 

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

There's a argument T-Cam gives you a distinctive performance increase. This is simply not true. The only reason there is even a discussion of this is that you can see more of the track. If you find good cockpit settings (I'm happy to post a screenshot of mine which are pretty good if wanted) you can negate this and get the benefit of extra immersion. From my personal experience, I ONLY use cockpit cam and in the rare moments I change, I'm actually slower. So there is no measurable improvement here except personal experience and preference. Like correctly stated here, its a game. Play it how you enjoy it and also, accept that players play the game differently. No need for the tension because of a camera angle or a assist for example. 

Excellent point made while I was writing my novel. Like Barry, I am willing to share my cockpit camera settings I am currently using in MyTeam mode. I play on an Ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@Exasperated just a camera angle. I hoped @Retentive's pace dropped off when he switched to wheel.....it did not 😛 . Another spot on the podium out of reach for me haha

Yes I'm sure all is the case , and of course its just a camera angle to which I say its just a game , its not realistic and it doesn't matter if the in game cars are faster than in real life , just race , if the cars raw speed is too fast for you get it under control like Max Verstappen has to IN REAL LIFE. The game is not like real life F1 how could it be at the price people pay for the game and their gaming hardware. Drive in chase cam , drive in T- Cam but forget all this just like real life stuff its pointless and give the people who make the game a break , they made an amazing game and unfortunately making money gets in the way of doing exactly what they want to do I am sure.  Lets be  realistic about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I agree with the overall sentiment here, as this thread was a rollercoaster to read. 

To cover a few of the many things in this thread:

  1.  Car performance vs real-life, in some instances, is valid and something I can confirm we are investigating. No news other than that, but we are looking at it.
  2.  There's a argument T-Cam gives you a distinctive performance increase. This is simply not true. The only reason there is even a discussion of this is that you can see more of the track. If you find good cockpit settings (I'm happy to post a screenshot of mine which are pretty good if wanted) you can negate this and get the benefit of extra immersion. From my personal experience, I ONLY use cockpit cam and in the rare moments I change, I'm actually slower. So there is no measurable improvement here except personal experience and preference. Like correctly stated here, its a game. Play it how you enjoy it and also, accept that players play the game differently. No need for the tension because of a camera angle or a assist for example. 
  3. We improve the AI's core difficulty every year to present a challenge to returning players. Something to aim for. That is different to point 1. 
  4. I like @PV75's comments here (except the swearing 😛 ). To hammer it home really, play the game how you like and what makes you enjoy it. Use a assist? No worries. Use T-Cam? Why we put it in for. As long as everyone can race together and have some on-track action, its the design objective.

I've raced @Retentive in our Forum Championship and we have a lot of fun. He's quicker than me, but I can sneak a result. More importantly, its good fun on a Friday.

Please, do post a screenshot of your settings, would love to try it also to see the difference with mine

Link to post
Share on other sites

The levels of gatekeeping and broscience in this thread are too damn high.

For every "it's a fact, I play on cockpit view and get insta faster when I switch to T-Cam" there's a "I play on cockpit view and get slower on T-Cam" defying these hard science beans being spilled out around here.

That's unnecessarily derailing OP's point - for which we've already got an official statement that's it's being looked upon. So that's a "potential issue" issue, not a "play harder"(?) non-issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, marioho said:

The levels of gatekeeping and broscience in this thread are too damn high.

For every "it's a fact, I play on cockpit view and get insta faster when I switch to T-Cam" there's a "I play on cockpit view and get slower on T-Cam" defying these hard science beans being spilled out around here.

That's unnecessarily derailing OP's point - for which we've already got an official statement that's it's being looked upon. So that's a "potential issue" issue, not a "play harder"(?) non-issue.

Let me just blow everything by saying there are quick drivers even on external camera, even being on the extreme minority, there it is. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 9:13 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I agree with the overall sentiment here, as this thread was a rollercoaster to read. 

To cover a few of the many things in this thread:

  1.  Car performance vs real-life, in some instances, is valid and something I can confirm we are investigating. No news other than that, but we are looking at it.

<snip>

This is very evident to me because I couldn't even get a full lap started to my satifaction during wet time trials at Monaco and Hungary with the multiplayer/whatever-it's-officially-named car) after setting my assists as I left them on last year's game. For (potentially invalid) comparison, I was able to lap almost every track I tried decently for me in the various cars within a week or so of picking up f1 2020.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I agree with the overall sentiment here, as this thread was a rollercoaster to read. 

To cover a few of the many things in this thread:

  1.  Car performance vs real-life, in some instances, is valid and something I can confirm we are investigating. No news other than that, but we are looking at it.
  2.  There's a argument T-Cam gives you a distinctive performance increase. This is simply not true. The only reason there is even a discussion of this is that you can see more of the track. If you find good cockpit settings (I'm happy to post a screenshot of mine which are pretty good if wanted) you can negate this and get the benefit of extra immersion. From my personal experience, I ONLY use cockpit cam and in the rare moments I change, I'm actually slower. So there is no measurable improvement here except personal experience and preference. Like correctly stated here, its a game. Play it how you enjoy it and also, accept that players play the game differently. No need for the tension because of a camera angle or a assist for example. 
  3. We improve the AI's core difficulty every year to present a challenge to returning players. Something to aim for. That is different to point 1. 
  4. I like @PV75's comments here (except the swearing 😛 ). To hammer it home really, play the game how you like and what makes you enjoy it. Use a assist? No worries. Use T-Cam? Why we put it in for. As long as everyone can race together and have some on-track action, its the design objective.

I've raced @Retentive in our Forum Championship and we have a lot of fun. He's quicker than me, but I can sneak a result. More importantly, its good fun on a Friday.

so you are not looking to fix the overspeed that the AI has got in high speed corners?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, michele1131 said:

so you are not looking to fix the overspeed that the AI has got in high speed corners?

Unrelated to this topic. Please see the correct topics on that discussion.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've noticed on certain tracks in high speed corners the AI are able to go so much quicker than I can, I have the quickest car on the grid with the best Aero and Chassis and with tyre's that are 2 compounds faster than a McLaren that's only the 5th fastest on the grid but the AI is able to go flat through here? Other tracks I've noticed is Silverstone at Copse and then into Maggots and Becketts they're too quick compared to what we can do, this needs to be sorted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thumbs down to this that and the other ......"developers make the game perfect for me so that I can win. Make it absolutely exactly as it is in real life , make the tracks exactly the same as they are in real life , make the lap times exactly the same as they are in real life.I'll be driving around in Bean view like the goon I am as usual because  'Its just a game'"...... USLB's

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...