Jump to content Jump to content

Tyre flat spotting removed?

11 minutes ago, Hsars said:

Hi all,

i was seeing in lots of preview build videos that the tyres were able to flat spot but the feature is non existant in the game? Do we know why codemasters removed it and if its gonna come back?

Where did you see flat spots in the game? Got a video?

15 minutes ago, Hsars said:

I think iContrast misunderstood what he saw. I've watched his video a couple of times and don't think it shows any flat spots.

No other YouTuber posting preview build footage that I'm aware of mentioned seeing a flat spot.

• Agree 1

Its weird because you can definitely see an uneven tire where after he flat spotted it. Usually tire delamination is more even and you can see the blister forming on the on the tire itself but on that video you can definitely see an uneven patch on the tire. Very disappointed I was very excited for this new feature

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Hsars said:

Its weird because you can definitely see an uneven tire where after he flat spotted it. Usually tire delamination is more even and you can see the blister forming on the on the tire itself but on that video you can definitely see an uneven patch on the tire. Very disappointed I was very excited for this new feature

The first bit in the video is a puncture, where the sidewall appears to have come away from the part that contacts the road (which as you suggest is not what delamination is).

• Agree 1

As for the damage model, im on ps5 and honestly the sidepods and overall damage model is graphically less detailed than any of the videos shown. Ive seen comments saying that it should be better on next gen but lets be honest none of this is gpu heavy. Have you guys heard or know anything about it being toned down?

11 minutes ago, Hsars said:

As for the damage model, im on ps5 and honestly the sidepods and overall damage model is graphically less detailed than any of the videos shown. Ive seen comments saying that it should be better on next gen but lets be honest none of this is gpu heavy. Have you guys heard or know anything about it being toned down?

I think they turned it down as everyone was saying it was to extreme seems like everyone wants it back now to the way it was