Jump to content Jump to content

More data, please.


Recommended Posts

There is one big area where I wish this game could be developed further in the future:  More data.  Some is available via good 3rd party apps, but other good data simply isn't available.  Examples of data I wish I could see from the game:

-Surface tire temps across the various parts of the tire surface...not just a single reading.  Same with tire wear.
-Lap telemetry graphs.
-Tire wear graphs in practice mode...similar to the strategy screen but with real usage data.
-Real setup inputs where arbitrary numbers are now used:  Wing angles, ride heights, etc...

Working on setups for long races is such an enjoyable part of this game.  It would be even better if the setup changes were more understandable with data and changes could be compared to on track results...not just feel.

What else could be added in this area?

  • Agree 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

If, in the career mode or my team of F1 2020 there was at least a small idea of telemetry in the or a pseudotelemetry, I do not understand why now with this F1 2021 they completely eliminated that data. Maybe they weren't very important or they didn't work but some ideas could be conveyed to you. 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that they have taken out the tyre wear graphs from the race strategy program, it seems that they're fine with going backwards here.

 

Strange considering there's still some data in 2021 like fuel usage.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JOmNrES said:

There is one big area where I wish this game could be developed further in the future:  More data.  Some is available via good 3rd party apps, but other good data simply isn't available.  Examples of data I wish I could see from the game:

-Surface tire temps across the various parts of the tire surface...not just a single reading.  Same with tire wear.
-Lap telemetry graphs.
-Tire wear graphs in practice mode...similar to the strategy screen but with real usage data.
-Real setup inputs where arbitrary numbers are now used:  Wing angles, ride heights, etc...

Working on setups for long races is such an enjoyable part of this game.  It would be even better if the setup changes were more understandable with data and changes could be compared to on track results...not just feel.

What else could be added in this area?

Good post! 

The one aspect of the F1 game series that has been most unrealistic is the data. No F1 team would (could?) compete using the telemetry provided in this game. This is most apparent when in the practice sessions. The whole purpose of the practice session in F1 is to get the setup right - and that requires telemetry. During a race weekend 50% of track time is spent in practice/setup. 

The purpose in the current game for practice sessions is to develop resource points for improving the car as opposed to getting to the optimal setup. I wish Codemasters could figure out a way to use  (gamify) those sessions to accomplish good setups as well. 

Also agree that it would be nice if the numbers used in the setup were real ones and not made up ones - again helps with the emersion. 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

We need a sim racing game à la Assetto Corsa Competizione, not an arcade with a story and pitcoins and all those stuff.

Unfortunately F1 goes this way, more and more.

 

I shy away from hating on the Codies F1 game as “not a sim”.  The game simulates a lot.  Maybe not to the level the “true” sim racers want, but it’s not an arcade game.

I think Codies has done a great job with the market they’re in and the target audience.  There’s a lot there for us nerds, we’d just like a little more.  

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JOmNrES said:

I shy away from hating on the Codies F1 game as “not a sim”.  The game simulates a lot.  Maybe not to the level the “true” sim racers want, but it’s not an arcade game.

I think Codies has done a great job with the market they’re in and the target audience.  There’s a lot there for us nerds, we’d just like a little more.  

The problem is, this game doesn't have to be a sim, but those features were in their older games and they were great and gave the game a lot more depths and even immersion. Casual players could go on fine without them, but it greatly benefits the hard-core players, it's best for both world. Which is exactly why it's baffling that they removed it.

I mean...just why?

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philappleraily said:

We need a sim racing game à la Assetto Corsa Competizione, not an arcade with a story and pitcoins and all those stuff.

Unfortunately F1 goes this way, more and more.

 

For a sim racing game ala ACC it is the wrong publisher

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...