Jump to content Jump to content

So I got this issue since the launch and even in F1 2019, However it becomes way more common now. And it happens sometimes even 2 times in 1 practice session, imagine a full race. Which forces me to mid-session save almost every lap to make sure no progress is lost. Which is really frustrating.

In addition, I might tell that the problem comes with DirectX 12. Since on f1 2019 I never had the problem when playing on DirectX 11, but I did have the problem on DirectX 12. However, playing on DirectX 11 also had a lot of bugs due to being outdated.

• A detailed description of the issue: my game crashes and returns an EGO Dumper crash report afterwards. It happens mid-session out of nowhere and is pretty common.
  • Report Code: N/A
  • Platform: PC, Steam, Windows 10
  • Game-mode: All
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard: Check attachments.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried:
    - Closing all unsanitary background applications.
    - Closing all applications except f1 2021 ofc.
    - Running ISLC (system background cleaner)
    - Running PC without any auto startup software.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party: N/A
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible: It's random but happens quite often. Just be in game, and it will crash somewhere in a session. I also noticed it happens most of the time when the session ended and in the cut scene or session results screen

I would love a solution for this, since it gets really annoying to mid-session save after every program or lap.

(I made a new topic for this since all ego dumper crashers are different since it is just a general error message, and I don't know if / when my crash is the same as someone else's)

DxDiag.txt

Edited by UndercoverNL
49 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Z490A Updated UEFI

Suggest limiting frames as you are only playing on a 60Hz monitor?

Thanks for your response! I updated the motherboard, I will check if it is fixed now. If not, I will reply again.

I am playing on 3 75hz monitors using eyefinity, idk if there is a limit for 75hz, I normally never limit my fps :P

Just now, UndercoverNL said:

Thanks for your response! I updated the motherboard, I will check if it is fixed now. If not, I will reply again.

I am playing on 3 75hz monitors using eyefinity, idk if there is a limit for 75hz, I normally never limit my fps 😛

There is an in-game setting. FPS limit in Video settings. However, you are driving three monitors it might be worth feeding back to AMD as well. dxdiag shows one monitor (I missed it showing the custom resolution)

Setting Up and Configuring Multiple Displays to Run in AMD Eyefinity Mode | AMD

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

There is an in-game setting. FPS limit in Video settings. However, you are driving three monitors it might be worth feeding back to AMD as well. dxdiag shows one monitor (I missed it showing the custom resolution)

Setting Up and Configuring Multiple Displays to Run in AMD Eyefinity Mode | AMD

o yea my bad, when I made the DXDiag when eyefinity was enabled, which makes it show as 1 monitor :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, UndercoverNL said:

o yea my bad, when I made the DXDiag when eyefinity was enabled, which makes it show as 1 monitor :classic_laugh:

There should be a 75Hz setting too. But I can't ID the monitor successfully. AOC 2460G5 just some debate as to the actual refresh, don't suppose you've got any kind of datasheet or manual anywhere?

There should be a 75Hz setting too. But I can't ID the monitor successfully. AOC 2460G5 just some debate as to the actual refresh, don't suppose you've got any kind of datasheet or manual anywhere?

Nope don't have those, it has always been advertised as 75hz https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/monitor/g2460vq6/specification. However, I can choose the refresh rate 75hz in games.

• Thanks 1
Just now, UndercoverNL said:

@steviejay69so I played some hours again, and in the first place it seemed gone, but it crashed 2 times now. However, it looks like It happens less often. However, it happened at the end of my race again and in the main menu

Did you try the framecap?

21 minutes ago, UndercoverNL said:

I just noticed, I have VSync on, so it limits automatic to 60 fps. And the in game hz is set to 60, but can be set to 75 to

VSYNC ON would be 75 if the in game is set at 75. Do you run a frame counter? (Steam/Afterburner)

VSYNC ON would be 75 if the in game is set at 75. Do you run a frame counter? (Steam/Afterburner)

Nope, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't even hit 60 / 75. Since my GPU is still a rx 570

I think you should enable the framecounter.

It also (looking at your monitor spec and the EyeFinity blurb) means that Freesync (and Freesync recommends V-SYNC ON) is enabled. We need to know the framerate to adjust the game detail to get you in the Freesync range, which IIRC will be 40+ to 75FPS.

I think you should enable the framecounter.

It also (looking at your monitor spec and the EyeFinity blurb) means that Freesync (and Freesync recommends V-SYNC ON) is enabled. We need to know the framerate to adjust the game detail to get you in the Freesync range, which IIRC will be 40+ to 75FPS.

alr, im offline atm but il check it within 24 hours

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

So I wasn't be able to live track the FPS due to all my overlays not working lol, I tried 3 including the steam one but none worked. However, according to the log of Radeon software in my 150 hours of play time I have an average FPS of 45. I play on medium settings with 0 lag and a smooth game.

@steviejay69

Edited by UndercoverNL
5 hours ago, UndercoverNL said:

So I wasn't be able to live track the FPS due to all my overlays not working lol, I tried 3 including the steam one but none worked. However, according to the log of Radeon software in my 150 hours of play time I have an average FPS of 45. I play on medium settings with 0 lag and a smooth game.

@steviejay69

Can only think that the EyeFinity is somehow affecting this. I use 21.6.1 (although I have tried a build with 21.7.1 - no performance uplift for me still 120FPS in Ultra at 2560x1440).

The Steam one is a puzzle if the overlay is enabled (it's a per game setting, right click F1 2021 in the Steam library and enable the overlay, then in Steam settings go to in-game and enable the FPS counter in high contrast top left?)

Glad to hear the game is smooth but what preset are you playing at? 45FPS should be hitting the Freesync window of the monitors unless they are 48-75 but the spec page for your monitor claims 30-144?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Can only think that the EyeFinity is somehow affecting this. I use 21.6.1 (although I have tried a build with 21.7.1 - no performance uplift for me still 120FPS in Ultra at 2560x1440).

The Steam one is a puzzle if the overlay is enabled (it's a per game setting, right click F1 2021 in the Steam library and enable the overlay, then in Steam settings go to in-game and enable the FPS counter in high contrast top left?)

Glad to hear the game is smooth but what preset are you playing at? 45FPS should be hitting the Freesync window of the monitors unless they are 48-75 but the spec page for your monitor claims 30-144?

I am playing at medium preset as said in my message above :P.
Yea figured out the fps counter from steam and that also shows lowest 30 to highest 50, when playing most of the time between 40 and 47 FPS.

mm yea I hate AMD Radeon already for some time since the software is ****, eyefinity doesn't work, and I need to reinstall my full driver multiple times a week due to buggs. Support is also ****.
So my next card will be anything but not AMD lol. Sadly enough an 3080 is still €1200 atm :/

Edited by UndercoverNL
1 minute ago, UndercoverNL said:

I am playing at medium preset as said in my message above :P.
Yea figured out the fps counter from steam and that also shows lowest 30 to highest 50, when playing most of the time between 40 and 47 FPS.

mm yea I hate AMD Radeon already for some time since the software is ****, eyefinity doesn't work, and I need to reinstall my full driver multiple times a week due to buggs. Support is also ****.
So my next card will be anything but not AMD lol. Sadly enough an 3080 is still €1200 atm 😕

Thanks. If the playback looks smooth then 45FPS is a good average if it's only dipping to 30 occasionally. 

Be careful what you wish for 😃

• Haha 1