Jump to content Jump to content

Why can we only choose 20 races in career / My Team?

Just now, UndercoverNL said:

Title says everything, in the first place 2021 should have 23 races to (in real life). And I would love to just drive all tracks instead of only 20

It will have 23. You're just waiting for Imola, Jeddah and Portimao to be included. Then the seasons will be 23 races long. 

If you're implying that you could duplicate some existing tracks in the interim to still remain as 23, that's been mentioned before but it isn't representative of the original season apparently. 

Just now, SmokyAtom07 said:

It will have 23. You're just waiting for Imola, Jeddah and Portimao to be included. Then the seasons will be 23 races long. 

If you're implying that you could duplicate some existing tracks in the interim to still remain as 23, that's been mentioned before but it isn't representative of the original season apparently. 

that is not the problem, the problem is that you can only include max 20 races in a season. Currently, there are (only) 21 races available, but you can only race 20 in a season

1 minute ago, UndercoverNL said:

that is not the problem, the problem is that you can only include max 20 races in a season. Currently, there are (only) 21 races available, but you can only race 20 in a season

Yes, and no.

The root problem is that the three tracks aren't there. When they are there, your 20 race problem is solved as it'll change to a 23 race season. 

5 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Yes, and no.

The root problem is that the three tracks aren't there. When they are there, your 20 race problem is solved as it'll change to a 23 race season. 

I think you misunderstand it. Currently, there are 21 tracks, but you can only choose 20 for a season. When the 3 tracks are here there will be 24 tracks and to me it sounds logical that a season is still 20 tracks. Why would it change?

• Agree 1
7 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Yes, and no.

No, i dont think your right on this one. I’m sure that i read on the forum, possibly from BarryBl, even when all tracks are released the season will still only be 20 races long.

• Agree 1

This is by design. Codemasters designed the game with a 23 race season in mind, when the 3 tracks are added the ‘20 races’ option will change to ‘23 races’.

China was not on this calendar so has been added as an extra bonus track from Season 2 onwards of career mode, if you opt for China then you need to replace another circuit.

It will not be possible to do a 24 race season due to the fact that it’s more races than there are in the real season and therefor past the limit set by the devs.

Regarding it staying at 20 races, i think you have misread this. You will be able to drive 23 races once the new tracks are added, that’s been confirmed. It will not stay at 20.

Edited by AdamComer
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

No, i dont think your right on this one. I’m sure that i read on the forum, possibly from BarryBl, even when all tracks are released the season will still only be 20 races long.

Well, that is pants.  And makes absolutely no sense.   Either that is someone misinterpreting something along the way but whenever i've seen it asked, it's literally that the three will be included and it'll turn to 23 races from the following season (or the initial season if you start a fresh one).   There's a quote I read earlier for another forum post that said the 20 races, and their respective track layouts, from last season will remain the same and then the three will be added to your career seasons from the following seasons. 

I'd be unhappy to be proved wrong but if you can find it then i'd appreciate that and i'll cede to your better knowledge of it. 

18 minutes ago, UndercoverNL said:

I think you misunderstand it. Currently, there are 21 tracks, but you can only choose 20 for a season. When the 3 tracks are here there will be 24 tracks and to me it sounds logical that a season is still 20 tracks. Why would it change?

Posssibly I am, it seems.   The 20 is set in, yes,  China isn't part of this season (even though the race was never cancelled). Literally the main reason it is in the game is that it was in Braking Point and it was too late to bin it off so they included it, because why not. We have the option of using it for season 2 and beyond.  However, it was originally stated it'll be 23 when the new races come in. In terms of why it would change... It may have slipped people's attention but this is the official game of the sport... that has 23 races in it. So, in terms of why it would have 23 races in your game, it's because it is supposed to. Maybe that's changed and I missed the memo. 

5 minutes ago, AdamComer said:

This is by design. Codemasters designed the game with a 23 race season in mind, when the 3 tracks are added the ‘20 races’ option will change to ‘23 races’.

China was not on this calendar so has been added as an extra bonus track from Season 2 onwards of career mode, if you opt for China then you need to replace another circuit.

It will not be possible to do a 24 race season due to the fact that it’s more races than there are in the real season and therefor past the limit set by the devs.

Regarding it staying at 20 races, i think you have misread this. You will be able to drive 23 races once the new tracks are added, that’s been confirmed. It will not stay at 20.

This is exactly how I understood it, and how it was stated to be originally.  

1 hour ago, Jobling1983 said:

From what I've seen I don't think we know one way or the other.

2 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

Well i hope i’m wrong and its all 23

Likewise, but flexibility wouldn't be awful for those that think it's too long. I imagine there'll be the usual reduced options too. So you could have 23/20/16/11, for example. 

35 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Likewise, but flexibility wouldn't be awful for those that think it's too long. I imagine there'll be the usual reduced options too. So you could have 23/20/16/11, for example. 

I do think there is a slight chance of having 20 and 23 races calendar

Alr, to many posts to reply on them all, but I read them all :classic_laugh: 
Got it now, so due to China not being in the irl season, a season in game is only 20 tracks long. And (most likely) when the 3 other tracks are added the seasons will become 23 tracks long, but that isn't firmed yet.

At least if I understand everything correctly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1