Jump to content Jump to content

Logitech G920 force feedback lost when sleeping / resume

I have an xbox series s and a Logitech G920 steering wheel with patch 1.05 of F1:2021 (the latest as I report this bug on 2021-08-02).

When playing the game I often put my console to sleep by pressing "turn off the console" by pressing the xbox button on my steering wheen. Then resume when I wish to continue playing, e.g. hours later.

I expect the game to behave as it did before sleeping / resuming. However, force feedback is gone. Everything else seems fine.

This happens in single player mode, I do not have the ability to test multiplayer mode.

I have tried power cycling my steering wheel, but it does not help.

My workaround is to go to the xbox main menu and "quit" the F1:2021 game. Then start again from fresh. This is slow and inconvenient.

This is repeatable, every time.

This worked on F1:2020.

22 minutes ago, fommil said:

I have an xbox series s and a Logitech G920 steering wheel with patch 1.05 of F1:2021 (the latest as I report this bug on 2021-08-02).

When playing the game I often put my console to sleep by pressing "turn off the console" by pressing the xbox button on my steering wheen. Then resume when I wish to continue playing, e.g. hours later.

I expect the game to behave as it did before sleeping / resuming. However, force feedback is gone. Everything else seems fine.

This happens in single player mode, I do not have the ability to test multiplayer mode.

I have tried power cycling my steering wheel, but it does not help.

My workaround is to go to the xbox main menu and "quit" the F1:2021 game. Then start again from fresh. This is slow and inconvenient.

This is repeatable, every time.

This worked on F1:2020.

There is a small firmware update for the G920 (it's from 2016) if you've never connected it to a PC. Logitech never really released any information on what it was supposed to fix (hey I found it elsewhere)

Fixes:

- Fixed an issue with missing forces in rFactor 2
- Removed single-sided damping effect at low forces
- Fixed various minor issues with Force Feedback on PC
- Wheel range no longer resets to 900 degrees when entering XBox One dashboard

but it is 96.3.49 or GHub should check it for you. 

Just unplug it and plug it back in. Could be related to the fact that F1 doesn't do quick resume very well, due to always needing to be connected to online services. Have found joining lobbies difficult in both 2020 and 2021 if the game has been left in the suspended state rather than clean booted. 

On 8/2/2021 at 4:44 PM, Rango said:

Just unplug it and plug it back in. Could be related to the fact that F1 doesn't do quick resume very well, due to always needing to be connected to online services. Have found joining lobbies difficult in both 2020 and 2021 if the game has been left in the suspended state rather than clean booted. 

This is a reasonable workaround for now, better than quitting the app. Power cycling doesn't work because the USB cable must be providing enough power for it to still register as a controller, but disconnecting and connecting again forces the xbox to initialise the device and F1:2021 to re-register it.

I am still not getting ffb on my wheel at all on XSX with my fanatec and drivehub setup. 
Everything worked perfectly on 2020, is there any info on when I will be able to play this new game? I bought it on release date!

Also the steering feels ridiculously sharp when I try the wheel without the ffb!

It's incredibly frustrating! We're nearing a month by the time the Xbox guys get the next patch, when is a reasonable amount of time to wait to be able to play a game you bought?

Cheers.

Edited by Slarky2488