Jump to content Jump to content

Please Fix The Kerbs

@Pilske you mean in the calendar? I'm not doing any career modes yet, will first have some fun on the tracks and adjust my setups. So far I've put 62h into the game distributed in GPs and Time Trials. though I basically only use the latter for testing setups and handling.

• Agree 1
31 minutes ago, marioho said:

@Pilske you mean in the calendar? I'm not doing any career modes yet, will first have some fun on the tracks and adjust my setups. So far I've put 62h into the game distributed in GPs and Time Trials. though I basically only use the latter for testing setups and handling.

In my opinion, this is the way to play this game for the moment.

I absolutely love the curb behavior in this game. I don't find them to be broken at all. Just requires practice laps to learn how forgiving/unforgiving each curb is.

F1 drivers speak about this all the time. They are constantly noting which curbs to be careful with and which curbs they can completely disregard. 

I love it and I hope they don't change it

Edited by slthree
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I’d just like to know if this was an intentional design and if so why? @David Greco some of the kerbs in this game make absolutely no sense,Spa for instance is nigh on impossible not to spin if you so much as brush a kerb,Hungary the same,Suzuka the same,anyone that says these kerbs are fine and realistic most likely only plays career mode they are anything but realistic.

• Agree 1

Did a 100% race on Hungary last week and now I'm making my setup for Spa. Loved the experience there, no spin that wasn't warranted by my own fault, @speeddemon8021.

Eau Rouge feels great, taking it by moving my analog stick just slightly to either side, 5 to 10°, and the car goes the whole rollercoaster with a nice planted rear.

I have yet to race on Suzuka.

• Disagree 1

The only kerbs I dislike in this are zandervort they feel to much . Coming from acc and I would trust them to have more accurate tracks than the f1 series the kerbs just ain't as brutal as they are  on that track. Hungary ,suzuka, spa no issues they tricky few on them but zandervort is literally every kerb is just to much .....

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, marioho said:

Hice una carrera al 100% en Hungría la semana pasada y ahora estoy haciendo mi configuración para Spa. Me encantó la experiencia allí, ningún giro que no estuviera justificado por mi culpa,@ speeddemon8021.

Eau Rouge se siente muy bien, moviéndolo ligeramente con mi palanca analógica a cada lado, de 5 a 10 °, y el auto se convierte en una montaña rusa con una bonita parte trasera plantada.

Todavía tengo que correr en Suzuka.

Don't you have a wheel? 

Ok Marioho, let me get this straight:

You have thousands of posts in the Codemaster forums, and you dont even have a wheel?

And then you try to tell people that the Curbs are not broken? Hahaha. Good One!

Buy a wheel, play this game, and come back here and try to tell people the same

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 7

So what you saying the kerbs are broken for wheel users and not pad users ? The kerbs ain't broken for either you just can't go over them full throttle like last year and the snowflakes who can't adjust constantly crying about it .If anything using a wheel is far superior and easier to use than a pad so if people like me can handle the kerbs on a pad anybody on a wheel should be doing even better and if you can't then it down to your lack of ability ........ 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
57 minutes ago, d1ebels said:

You have thousands of posts in the Codemaster forums, and you dont even have a wheel?

And then you try to tell people that the Curbs are not broken? Hahaha. Good One!

So only wheel user can say if the physics are right or wrong? Maybe you should rethink your setup or driving style.

I can't really say if the curbs are right or wrong, because i never had the opportunity to drive a race car on one of this tracks. Many people say it's hard but ok and some people say it's wrong. Who is right now? Do you have any real life experience or do you compare different games?

Would be great to get some real life experienced meanings from Norris or Leclerc.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Guys, did you even take a look at that user's content and activity on the forum? Haha you're wasting your keyboard's keystrokes on that guy. There's a good chance you'll find a thumbs down or a gen alpha ooh so edgy comment of his whenever someone expresses a liking to anything more realistic than F-Zero. 

Edited by marioho
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Biggest problem with the constant spinning is that I've not had one good online race. didn't have any over the last two years either honestly, but prior to that there used to be close races between about3 or 4 of us, now one person runs away and almost laps everyone, then the cautious people trying not to spin are miles behind and the others behind them are constantly spinning and DNF'ing. It's not good for online play at all.

Theres no "learn this, learn that" people clearly cannot learn we're two years into spinning mechanics and theres still 80% of the field with DNF's and one person running away and me and a few hours cautiously snailing around afriad to race just incase we either spin or hit each other.

I'm fine with keeping the "realistic" which isn't really realistic spinning mechanics for single player, but for online nope. 2013 was better, I prefer close battles with people over anything else in a racing game.

Edited by Aureilia
  • Agree 1

With Wheel, all Aspects of Driving are much more difficult in the F1 Games, thus, the issue with the Curbs is much more present for those Players

Funny that hardcore Forenusers dont know that.

Even more funny that some take that as an offense for Pad Users. Even tho i didnt say anything bad about that.

But its expected from those Hardcore Forum Users. People who are online in a medicore popular DEVs Forum, are not here because they love the game 😄

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 5
26 minutes ago, Aureilia said:

Theres no "learn this, learn that" people clearly cannot learn we're two years into spinning mechanics and theres still 80% of the field with DNF's and one person running away and me and a few hours cautiously snailing around afriad to race just incase we either spin or hit each other.

2019 and 2020 had no 'spinning mechanics' at all, what are you talking about? 

@d1ebels I don't have a wheel at the moment therefore I cannot speak about the handling and physics of the game with a wheel, only make educated guesses.

You do have a keyboard though and the difference in number of posts between you and me do not prevent you in the slightest from stringing words together and actually rebut my or any of these "hardcore forum users" points.

From your activity everything seem to point to a mediocre player lurking around a "mediocre popular devs" (?) forum. And a mediocre wheel player seems to make for an even more mediocre with a pad, maybe you could prove me wrong?

@DAVB12 I think the Truforce is just a gimmick, but why would you rank the G29 above the G923? It seems quite the consensus that the G923 has way better brake pedal.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, marioho said:

@ d1ebels No tengo una rueda en este momento, por lo tanto, no puedo hablar sobre el manejo y la física del juego con una rueda, solo hago conjeturas.

Sin embargo, tienes un teclado y la diferencia en el número de publicaciones entre tú y yo no te impide en lo más mínimo encadenar palabras y refutar mis puntos o cualquiera de estos "usuarios incondicionales del foro".

De su actividad, todo parece apuntar a un jugador mediocre acechando en un foro de "desarrolladores populares mediocres" (?). Y un jugador de rueda mediocre parece ser aún más mediocre con un pad, ¿quizás podrías demostrar que estoy equivocado?

@ DAVB12 Creo que Truforce es solo un truco, pero ¿por qué clasificaría al G29 por encima del G923? Parece bastante consenso que el G923 tiene un pedal de freno mucho mejor.

To begin with, I agree with the fact that kerbs feel worse with wheel, I have a T300 and believe me that taking a high kerb is basically skidding, something that personally has not happened to me with the joystick, of course in the end everything depends on the sensations of the moment and the person, no one is the same as another. 

On the subject of the steering wheel, the true force as you mention is a purely marketing issue, believe me it is not the big deal to feel a vibration in the wheel compared to the FFB of a G29 or even better of the T300. 

On the pedals I am not 100% but I read that they were the same as the G29, if so personally they are better pedals than the T3PA of the T300, I was lucky enough to have both wheels, I could even tell you that I sell you my G29, but I doubt that we are close to do the shipment lol, returning to the subject if,  Logitech's pedals are better than thrustmaster's but the steering wheel feel is better on the T300 to the G29, and true force is just marketing that helps raise the price. 

Take all this as a tip if you like and obviously all this I tell you of personal opinion for having used both wheels. 

• Agree 1

@DAVB12 the G29 and G923 are the same wheels with the exact same motor, but with a different driver and faster sample rates on the newer model. From the reviews I got, they all seemed to either equate their FFB or rank G923 higher on default, with those that liked the Trueforce feature ranking it even higher on compatible games. Even if it's not better, I don't see how it feel worse than the G29.

The brake pedal is different. The G923 has a progressive rate spring and that seemed to be the one single "everyone liked that" moment the release got from the public. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, marioho said:

@ DAVB12 el G29 y el G923 son las mismas ruedas con exactamente el mismo motor, pero con un controlador diferente y frecuencias de muestreo más rápidas en el modelo más nuevo. De las críticas que recibí, todos parecían equiparar su FFB o clasificar a G923 más alto por defecto, con aquellos a los que les gustó la función Trueforce que la clasificaron aún más arriba en juegos compatibles. Incluso si no es mejor, no veo cómo se siente peor que el G29.

El pedal del freno es diferente. El G923 tiene un resorte de velocidad progresiva y ese parecía ser el único momento en el que "a todos les gustó" el lanzamiento del público. 

As I told you it is my opinion, but another tip, check well the sources where they make the criticisms. 

On 8/17/2021 at 3:53 PM, marioho said:

So do I - some online mp races … 

i like to wait until the new tracks are implemented 

however / since Singapore , Canada suzuka are out and the season is again broken I may start with a GP season earlier …

just started to get my sf 1000 wheel working with F1-2021 and took of the F1 Wheel add on

However / F1 2021 is a challenge - so far 

@d1ebels you be saying driving is much tougher on acc on a wheel than on a pad next ..... I mean  anybody on a wheel who struggling more than people on a pad need to up there game man . Give me a fanetec elite etc and I guarantee you I would be quicker and more consistent than I ever will be on a pad .......

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
14 hours ago, d1ebels said:

Mario uses no assists... that is almost impossible... for pad users... only way you can drive any sim on a pad wwithout assists is knowing he game inside out.... and not just the game but mario real world knowledge second to none.

welldone though... first person online to ever aggravate me

imagine Some has  just said a lot off insulting things to you... cause I think they might have🤬

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1