Jump to content Jump to content

Please Fix The Kerbs

20 minutes ago, DAVB12 said:

Anyone have already run in Russia? Have you noticed how unstable pianos are passing Turn 3? Or the bananas that make you fly, literally. 

20 minutes ago, DAVB12 said:

Anyone have already run in Russia? Have you noticed how unstable pianos are passing Turn 3? Or the bananas that make you fly, literally. 

You ain't  a proper cockney are yer

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bankai3987 said:

The curbs most definitely need sorting. They were mostly excellent last game imo, but now.... good lord.

There is no way most of them should be as icy as they are... or auto-spin the car (how the hell is that even still a thing?)... or hell, some of them even have landmines in them now.

Most of the curbs you are supposed to drive on are fine. I swear most of the people complaining are too afraid to lower the difficulty a little because of their ego or something.

A few kurbs need to be toned down, but the kurbs, curbs, kerbs, qwreves, etc, that you are supposed to run over at tracks like Austria are tough but fair. 

Get better. 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Most of the curbs you are supposed to drive on are fine. I swear most of the people complaining are too afraid to lower the difficulty a little because of their ego or something.

A few kurbs need to be toned down, but the kurbs, curbs, kerbs, qwreves, etc, that you are supposed to run over at tracks like Austria are tough but fair. 

Get better. 

I agree that there is no problem with the curbs. Practice sessions are designed to help a driver learn a track, which includes knowing every curb inside and out.

Professional drivers do this even on tracks where they have raced for years. Some even find that a curb which they could abuse just a year or two ago has suddenly become a little more tricky.

It's REALITY (maybe the problem is some people don't want reality) and may Code Masters not change it.

• Disagree 1

Will be interesting to watch the next few gp see spa, Netherlands, Monza as in game they have some big kerbs. And if the real driver's are flying over these kerbs or they much less pronounced irl then will be a good gauge if the game is near accuracy or over done .....

• Agree 1
11 hours ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Get better. 

Bit hard to lower the difficulty when I'm driving against PEOPLE, not AI.
I've been doing this long enough to know what I'm doing, but the game is broken when it comes to curb physics.

If I follow the same lines and the same curbs as the IRL drivers... I die. Because they're not right.
Auto-spin curbs should not be a thing, except they are, and a lot of the rest that are normally used are now so iffy that it's a coin flip if they kill you or not.

• Agree 2
11 hours ago, slthree said:

Estoy de acuerdo en que no hay problema con los bordillos. Las sesiones de práctica están diseñadas para ayudar al conductor a aprender una pista, lo que incluye conocer cada bordillo por dentro y por fuera.

Los conductores profesionales hacen esto incluso en pistas en las que han competido durante años. Algunos incluso descubren que un bordillo del que podían abusar hace apenas uno o dos años se ha vuelto repentinamente un poco más complicado.

Es REALIDAD (tal vez el problema es que algunas personas no quieren la realidad) y es posible que Code Masters no la cambie.

It ends up being funny that codis update or modify the kerbs and do not pay special attention to modify or update the circuits, that is, in my view, this ends up being a deception only to "cheer up" the consumer. 

13 hours ago, ChicagoSeminole said:

Get better. 

Austria never had issues with the curbs but Japan on the other hand.. 😂 Some of them are a real joke. 🤔 Even with raised rake/ride height. + the AI is on ralis on them.

Edited by ATSSHD
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, ATSSHD said:

Even with raised rake/ride height. + the AI is on ralis on them.

Now, this is something interesting. Of all the people complaining about curb behavior you are the first to make this point.

My post history shows I think the curbs are fine but I've never taken the time to ascertain if the AI are equally affected. I always figured if it was tricky for me it would naturally be troublesome for the AI as well.

2 hours ago, ATSSHD said:

Austria never had issues with the curbs but Japan on the other hand.. 😂 Some of them are a real joke. 🤔 Even with raised rake/ride height. + the AI is on ralis on them.

I have only played Japan for like 40 minutes and I was spinning everywhere, but Japan is arguably the most technical track on the game, some of my spins were on a kurb, but my braking or throttle was also a reason for the spin. 

The AI, "is on rails" compared to a simpler track like Austria, because "YOU/ME" the player are not going to be as consistently good at Suzuka. I played an unranked game practice session with 5 or 6 guys way better than me and they had no problem posting times in the (1:26.8 - 1:27. 5) range. (I was proud of my 1:29.5!). These guys may feel the AI is too fast in high speed corners, but they still have no problems winning the race. 

What curb in Japan should you be allowed to drive on but currently can't? 

Im Looking at Vettels pole lap from 2019. He rides a curb at T2 or T3 that is "instant death" in this game, but he isn't cutting across T8 (with half the car in the grass) and T9 like I can do in the game no problem. He runs wide at the spoon T13-14 on the curb just like I can, no problem. The curbs in the final chicane can be tricky, but modern F1 cars are supposed to be clumsy and awkward in low speed corners, they have the wheelbase of a large American SUV.

The curbs do have a "random spin" element to them that needs to be balanced, but overall the racing line isn't to far off the real thing, and we shouldn't dumb down the game because people on the internet are mad. 

How many of the people complaining about curbs can do a 25% race on strict corner cutting settings and not get multiple time penalties? The game isn't perfect, but I seem to be one of the few people enjoying it. But, I am not triggered because I have to play on 90 AI right now instead of 105. 

Edit: Just watched a trl limitless hotlap at suzuka, looks similar to vettel. He "kisses the curb" vettel takes in T2-T3, abuses the track limits in T8, and is runs over the same exit curbs as Vettel after that. 

Edited by ChicagoSeminole
6 hours ago, Bankai3987 said:

Bit hard to lower the difficulty when I'm driving against PEOPLE, not AI.

But, wouldn't this mean that every human driver in your races would have the same curb experience? If it's the same for all of you then it's not a disadvantage, right?

The few who adapt and avoid the troublesome curbs won't spin and should get a good result.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Soo aside from what users like marioho and Ultra try to tell everybody, this topic has gained 4000 views!!!!

This means that many people feel the same. Most of them wont reply, cause they dont think it is worth.

And when i see weird posts which gets upvotes always from the same 3-4 users, i can understand why.

But well, numbers talk for themselves, and i hope the codies developers rely on this numbers, and take actions

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
6 minutes ago, d1ebels said:

Soo aside from what users like marioho and Ultra try to tell everybody, this topic has gained 4000 views!!!!

This means that many people feel the same. Most of them wont reply, cause they dont think it is worth.

And when i see weird posts which gets upvotes always from the same 3-4 users, i can understand why.

But well, numbers talk for themselves, and i hope the codies developers rely on this numbers, and take actions

Err, you appear to think I've expressed a much stronger view on this subject than I have! Also, I'm one of the people who viewed the thread...

Care to elaborate on how you manage to 'disagree' with the TRL Limitless video I posted? Do you now think he's not worth listening to?

I really want to see video of these problematic curb. I know when racing online I see guys trying to take super unrealistic lines then blaming their spinout on the curb.

I'm also fine with how russia is, a year or so back you can just cut those corners

3 minutes ago, Ryne said:

I really want to see video of these problematic curb. I know when racing online I see guys trying to take super unrealistic lines then blaming their spinout on the curb.

I'm also fine with how russia is, a year or so back you can just cut those corners

People are complaining about the Kurds as they are not the kind of simulated realism that they want because it makes driving the track difficult and slows them down which is of course the reason why Kurds are on tracks in the first place , I remember Massa breaking his suspension twice in one race when he was at Ferrari because he drove over track boundary limiters , but you can't reason with a 'Racer' as I've said before about them ,  everything has to be ultra realistic in the game except of course for the track surface that  needs to be unrealistic and as smooth as a sheet of glass everywhere so that they can produce un realistic lap times and be 'The Winner' , from people who aren't embarrassed by themselves for driving around in T- Cam using a wheel base and pedals its no real surprise. There is a need for three versions of the game 'One for sim racers' , one for T- Cam 'Racers' and one for 'Disneyites'  Problem solved.

23 hours ago, DAVB12 said:

Cockney? Excuse me, I'm from Peru, I don't understand what you mean. 

Hola tio ,No pasa nada , es una cosa sobre  palabras usado por una tipa de gente en Londres Inglaterra donde tienen una manera raro quando se hablan , es una broma. Un Saludo

Edited by Exasperated
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

^Did you drive over the yellow 'sausage' kerbs in the background?

TBF the air the cars are getting this year is hilarious, nose up some 20m after a sausage kerb, considering they are 740kg+ vehicles. The kerbs are fine this year but its the weird 'trampoline physics' programming around them that seems to be the issue for most people. It's not even consistent either. It may even be to do with the big glitch the devs are looking at with cars essentially falling through that track and being fired back out 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, DAVB12 said:

Yesterday in the U.S., it's even funny to think that the curbs are totally real, what happened to me here? Redbull give you wings?  🤣 🤣 🤣 

FB_IMG_1629769557167.jpg

FB_IMG_1629769561387.jpg

How did that happen when you are on the hard shoulder , that's what happens when your wing values are too low and the suspension too stiff and you go outside of track limits

I like what the developers did ,  I think the general idea is to stop people going off the circuit and make people drive properly to stop the silly lap times.