Jump to content Jump to content

Please Fix The Kerbs

2 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

TBF the air the cars are getting this year is hilarious, considering they are 740kg+ vehicles. The kerbs are fine this year but its the weird 'trampoline physics' programming around them that seems to be the issue for most people. It's not even consistent either. It may even be to do with the big glitch the devs are looking at with cars essentially falling through that track and being fired back out 

Yep, its totally unrealistic for open wheel race cars to catch air like that; it never happens in real life ever -

/sarcasm

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

How did that happen when you are on the hard shoulder , that's what happens when your wing values are too low and the suspension too stiff and you go outside of track limits

I like what the developers did ,  I think the general idea is to stop people going off the circuit and make people drive properly to stop the silly lap times.

I'd recommend Goat simulator in space as it is very good for this , they also do hard core simulation as well, I was a dolphin in a wheelchair the other evening and it felt just like being a dolphin in a wheelchair IRL.

38 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

^ ¿Pasó por encima de los bordillos amarillos de 'salchicha' en el fondo?

I don't have the video unfortunately, but I really only stepped on the kerb in the middle of the car, hoping not to penalize, there's the issue of the game error, that jump if I had touched the sausage should make me fly to the track again but in this case it's a trampoline effect that sent me out of this. 

12 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

¿Cómo sucedió eso cuando estás en el arcén? Eso es lo que sucede cuando los valores de tus alas son demasiado bajos y la suspensión demasiado rígida y sales de los límites de la pista.

Me gusta lo que hicieron los desarrolladores, creo que la idea general es evitar que la gente se salga del circuito y hacer que la gente conduzca correctamente para detener los tontos tiempos de vuelta.

It's funny because I only stepped on the curb slightly, as always avoiding the penalty for exiting the circuit, however in this case as I mentioned above, I only flew out of the track, when, if I'm not mistaken, physics should make me go back to the circuit and skid or something like that, however it was quite the opposite,  game error by taking THE KERBS OF DEATH.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Yep, its totally unrealistic for open wheel race cars to catch air like that; it never happens in real life ever 

This is what I was mainly referring too, but yeah real life is just  just like the game totally with those magic trampolines.....

https://old.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/p257nr/the_redbull_ring_can_give_you_wings/

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/oy220h/poor_mick_got_codemastered_i_saved_him_with_a/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Edited by TomAAA
2 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Those ones are legitimate bugs, and I am not saying that things like that dont happen. But in response to the one DAVB posted, that one looks much more realistic and in line with kerb jumps that do happen in real life.

Just because some times a bug sends you into orbit or down under, doesnt mean that every single kerb jump is a new space simulator. That is the difference people are failing to make. Some jumps are a bug, some are not.

• Agree 4
Just now, Ialyrn said:

Those ones are legitimate bugs, and I am not saying that things like that dont happen. But in response to the one DAVB posted, that one looks much more realistic and in line with kerb jumps that do happen in real life.

Just because some times a bug sends you into orbit or down under, doesnt mean that every single kerb jump is a new space simulator. That is the difference people are failing to make. Some jumps are a bug, some are not.

Thats my point the physics seems to be broken around them. I think this is why people are complaining, you can hit the same one basically same speed and angle all race, and get say maybe a 1 ft jump or bump then sometimes hit it the same or even less speed and get launched 20 feet or even if its proper glitch into orbit. 

Until whatever weird trampoline effect they have programmed into them this year to make them harder is fixed or made more stable, I don't think people can really have a proper opinion on them yet 

46 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

Yep, its totally unrealistic for open wheel race cars to catch air like that; it never happens in real life ever -

/sarcasm

I had this video on a private playlist for F1 tomfoolery and thought this would be the perfect, perfect time to post it given that someone played the "you know, physics" card, but you lapped me fair and squared haha

All these issues with being launched by kerbs should be raised preferably with accompanying video for the devs to analyze and fine tune game's engine. Keyword here being fine tuning, as I'll ideally trust a computer's near instant calculation of a myriad factors and forces at play and being simulated in real-time than my own "you know, physics" assessment after maybe not even reviewing the replay.

There are glitches and there are disproportionate results. With time the former will be debugged and the latter will be improved in the code.

12 minutes ago, dwin20 said:

From the video posted by @Ialyrn - it is at 2:42 - is this a grate or curb? either way pretty scary...

Curbs.jpg

Either way,  it just goes to show that it doesnt take much for a high downforce race car to go airborne. Once they are off the ground, they can act like an airplane wing almost.

1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

Esos son errores legítimos, y no estoy diciendo que esas cosas no sucedan. Pero en respuesta al que publicó DAVB, ese parece mucho más realista y en línea con los saltos de acera que ocurren en la vida real.

El hecho de que algunas veces un error te envíe a la órbita o hacia abajo, no significa que cada salto de acera sea un nuevo simulador espacial. Esa es la diferencia que la gente no logra hacer. Algunos saltos son un error, otros no.

It would be realistic if you would play a sausage, not a piano or kerb or curb, however you want to know it; In this case it is quite the opposite. Outside of all that I completely agree with what you mention about some being bugs and others are game physics changes or "updates". 

1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

Either way,  it just goes to show that it doesnt take much for a high downforce race car to go airborne. Once they are off the ground, they can act like an airplane wing almost.

Good point 

20 hours ago, d1ebels said:

Soo aside from what users like marioho and Ultra try to tell everybody,

Stop calling out other people. You just paint yourself as pathetic.

You must be so unhappy with yourself that you need to attack people on a racing forum.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think it's a bad subject to discuss. That's why we come here, to discuss the things that we discover in the game. I just feel like we can do it without acting like the people we see on the news who, just because they disagree, they have to be hateful with each other.

I will respect any opinion if a personal attack or if an insult is not attached to it.

Edited by slthree
Clarity
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

guys I don't know if you noticed, in the last update the car behaves better on the curbs and even the damage is no longer random, they fixed them. Before this patch every time you switched to eau rouge you damaged the bottom for no reason, now not anymore. They will have optimized the herz of the physics engine and made it closer to the pc (Xbox series x game), which after the last patch is overheating a lot and is having problems with textures on the tires and on the car body, perhaps for this reason . Maybe someone can tell me if so @BarryBL

• Like 1
On 8/24/2021 at 7:08 PM, slthree said:

Stop calling out other people. You just paint yourself as pathetic.

You must be so unhappy with yourself that you need to attack people on a racing forum.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think it's a bad subject to discuss. That's why we come here, to discuss the things that we discover in the game. I just feel like we can do it without acting like the people we see on the news who, just because they disagree, they have to be hateful with each other.

I will respect any opinion if a personal attack or if an insult is not attached to it.

Ah, the special snowflake post. Didnt took so long. The two users did hold the opposite opinion, therefore i addressed these two by their username.

Problem where?

And now back to the Topic. Codies pls fix the Curbs. 5000 People are waiting.

• Disagree 2
41 minutes ago, d1ebels said:

The two users did hold the opposite opinion, therefore i addressed these two by their username.

If you check back you'll see I didn't express a strong opinion one way or the other regarding kerbs actually.

12 hours ago, mikyesposto95 said:

guys I don't know if you noticed, in the last update the car behaves better on the curbs and even the damage is no longer random, they fixed them. Before this patch every time you switched to eau rouge you damaged the bottom for no reason, now not anymore. They will have optimized the herz of the physics engine and made it closer to the pc (Xbox series x game), which after the last patch is overheating a lot and is having problems with textures on the tires and on the car body, perhaps for this reason . Maybe someone can tell me if so @BarryBL

It will be interesting to see if others notice a change...

• Like 1
On 8/24/2021 at 3:33 PM, DAVB12 said:

Yesterday in the U.S., it's even funny to think that the curbs are totally real, what happened to me here? Redbull give you wings?  🤣 🤣 🤣 

FB_IMG_1629769557167.jpg

FB_IMG_1629769561387.jpg

Bad example, for everyone knows RedBull gives you wings...

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1
On 8/25/2021 at 8:48 PM, marioho said:

@Ultra3142 you're expecting too much reasonability from an user that concluded this 5k views come from players who "feel the same" but don't comment "cause they dont think it is worth".

Guys, you all have made your point now, so lets refrain from having a go at each other now and stick to the topic. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but lets keep it decent and not abusive otherwise I start hidding posts and we don't want that do we. Referring here to both @marioho and @d1ebels

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
On 8/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, dwin20 said:

From the video posted by @Ialyrn - it is at 2:42 - is this a grate or curb? either way pretty scary...

Curbs.jpg

On that race weekend the FIA put down perpendicular sausage kerbs at the exit of Alboreto-Parabolica to stop people from abusing track limits.

The F3 car went over it, caught some air, and the floor acted like a sail which sent it flying like a kite.

The kerbs were immediately removed before F1 continued their sessions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

On that race weekend the FIA put down perpendicular sausage kerbs at the exit of Alboreto-Parabolica to stop people from abusing track limits.

The F3 car went over it, caught some air, and the floor acted like a sail which sent it flying like a kite.

The kerbs were immediately removed before F1 continued their sessions.

I just caught the end off that accident,  I’m really glad no one or tree got hurt cause I found it hilarious.  

I view this game as a game and every other season I like to see the ai do something similar.

Saying that the ai did have a 8 car pile up in myteam  at Austria.  Was awesome carnage.  Reminded me off that huge Monaco crash when Oliver Panis won.    Oliver who...exactly 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1