Jump to content Jump to content

Some compliments for the AI

A lot of negativities have been mentioned, but let’s give Codemasters some compliments for the AI this year. Finally they make mistakes, finally they collide with each other from time to time, taking each other out. Had a race where Bottas took Verstappen out and Perez soon followed. Finally a race with more than 1 (or even zero) retirements. A lot more realistic than previous editions. So Codemasters, don’t change this with patches please.

• Agree 5
3 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

A lot of negativities have been mentioned, but let’s give Codemasters some compliments for the AI this year. Finally they make mistakes, finally they collide with each other from time to time, taking each other out. Had a race where Bottas took Verstappen out and Perez soon followed. Finally a race with more than 1 (or even zero) retirements. A lot more realistic than previous editions. So Codemasters, don’t change this with patches please.

Overall I've been extremely satisfied with the AI this year, and that's coming from being an absolute fan of last year's AI.

Atm, they just need some touch up with those few corners in the calendar where they completely ignore physics, as well as making the cars themselves slower. Other than that, I hope they don't change their behavior, unless it's really about making them more active at overtaking each other (especially Ai vs Ai on first lap). 

• Agree 1

Like BarryBL in another thread wrote, the AI improved since 2019. They are aggressive and fight hard. For sure, this can be frustrating when a Overtake is more challeging than someone thought, but THIS is Racing. I hope they don't change that. And like already mentioned: The few mistakes of the AI here and there a good and make Racing more immersive. 

Only in rain they have more unused Potential. It seems that they are less aggressive there and drive with less mistakes, what is unrealistic in case of slippery conditions. 

But all in all: I really like the AI! Go on like this codemasters. For sure, here and there are some unrealistic behaviours but all in all it they make fun and are challeging. That's what I expect from a Racing experience. 

• Agree 2

I like the fact that they actually overtake me now. Before I could just kinda move to the site and they will give up, now I am losing positions properly, even after a fight.

Went from 7th to 10th in France and loved it. Fought AI side by side lap after lap. A proper midfield battle.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
1 minute ago, Ryne said:

I like the fact that they actually overtake me now. Before I could just kinda move to the site and they will give up, now I am losing positions properly, even after a fight.

Went from 7th to 10th in France and loved it. Fought AI side by side lap after lap. A proper midfield battle.

Max and Lewis trying to overtake me at the chicane after the tunnel in Monaco was absolute bonkers, even though I squeezed them a little at both the entry and exit they still managed to pull it off. In 2020 they would definitely back off at the instant I try to defend. 

• Agree 1

Agreed they are the best they have ever been both fighting the player and each other . Yes they still weak in first few corners and this silly bug of ridiculous speed in certain corners but when that fixed they will be the best ai available. But in wet yes they very poor 2 extremes really best ai available in dry and worst in wet .. Needs addressing really as it kinda pointless even bothering with wet races the way they are currently.....

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, Bauer said:

The AI don't even know your car is there. They touch your rear tyre and send you spinning. It's very frustrating. 

Simply not true mate

I love the AI this year,mistakes,spins,as written in the first post. Just had Bottas yesterday spinning out of Senna S, Raikonnen lost his car on the curbs in Spa, Norris lost his rear end on the Main straight in Monza and Tsunoda crashing in...pretry well AI this year 👌 best ever raced against  

• Agree 3

I love the fights and the pressure I get from the AI this year. Absolutely thrilling, for the first time (apart from a couple of iffy moments i.e. trains behind a damaged slow car) it feels REAL, and I can safely say it's hands down the best AI racing I've had in ANY game.

For those saying they touch your rear tyre and punt you off, the AI are faster this year and that's a sign that you're too slow for the AI level and that it needs to be reduced a few notches, or that you're braking too early. I've done numerous races since release and this hasn't happened to me once. You also need to give them space, as you would have to in real life. Give them space and they'll give you space.

You can check your difficulty by going to GP mode, doing a Short Quali at Barcelona with the car you intend to race in your career, jump to track, one hotlap, jump to pits, switch tyres, jump to track, one hotlap, etc. until the timer runs out. Try your hardest, then see how close you are to your teammate. For every 0.1 seconds slower you are, drop the difficulty by 1%. Rinse and repeat until you are as close as possible to your teammate's times, and then you should have a difficulty to keep for an entire career season. It worked perfectly for me last year, and this year I've had to drop my difficulty by 10%, which is huge for me. AI changes and tyre model improvements I'm guessing at the reason for this.

Also, for those having issues with kerbs, you're not alone. This is Mazepin (who else?) in Driver Career mode. 😁

• Agree 3

I do enjoy following the AI this year, especially when they are side by side.  As you said they will make some mistakes.  Even when you're pressuring them to try and overtake too which is nice to see.

However I still have an issue with the times I may try and close the door on them too late and they send me spinning (rightfully so) but if I end up spinning in a slow turn  I can be sideways with their front wing in my side pod and the AI car just keeps trying to drive at 100% throttle.  They seem to have zero awareness of an actual crash; they just keep trying to drive forward as if nothing has happened.  That's pretty frustrating to see still in the game this year.

1 hour ago, s00zster said:

I love the fights and the pressure I get from the AI this year. Absolutely thrilling, for the first time (apart from a couple of iffy moments i.e. trains behind a damaged slow car) it feels REAL, and I can safely say it's hands down the best AI racing I've had in ANY game.

For those saying they touch your rear tyre and punt you off, the AI are faster this year and that's a sign that you're too slow for the AI level and that it needs to be reduced a few notches, or that you're braking too early. I've done numerous races since release and this hasn't happened to me once. You also need to give them space, as you would have to in real life. Give them space and they'll give you space.

You can check your difficulty by going to GP mode, doing a Short Quali at Barcelona with the car you intend to race in your career, jump to track, one hotlap, jump to pits, switch tyres, jump to track, one hotlap, etc. until the timer runs out. Try your hardest, then see how close you are to your teammate. For every 0.1 seconds slower you are, drop the difficulty by 1%. Rinse and repeat until you are as close as possible to your teammate's times, and then you should have a difficulty to keep for an entire career season. It worked perfectly for me last year, and this year I've had to drop my difficulty by 10%, which is huge for me. AI changes and tyre model improvements I'm guessing at the reason for this.

Also, for those having issues with kerbs, you're not alone. This is Mazepin (who else?) in Driver Career mode. 😁

LMAO we're not alone 🤣

I was especially impressed with the AI willing to stay flat on their throttle even when we squeezed them to the tarmac runoff on long straight. I've just had a race at Paul Ricard and was stunned that Hamilton caught my slipstream with massive speed, made a dummy and squeeze into the right runoff with 4 wheels completely off the track and dived into turn 10 with me almost flatout.

My jaw was dropped. 

Edited by DRTApophis
1 hour ago, 2Pacalypse said:

This is how a F1 game anno 2021 should be look like...

It has everything! And thats what i call AI...

Not the **** we have with F1 2021.

Then you should play it and spam the asseto Corsoa forum mate

• Agree 2