Jump to content Jump to content

(Console) Spectator cameras need a frame rate increase

As was the case on F1 2020, the spectator cameras barely run at 30fps on F1 2021 on console and it's really noticeable when jumping between the onboard camera which is 60fps and back to the broadcast cameras which are for some reason 30fps. F1 2017, 2018 and 2019 all were 60fps in every camera view in spectator mode and now it's a choppy mess even on the next gen consoles in performance mode. Game runs fine when driving but as soon as you spectate someone it's so bad you don't want to watch. Not too sure what the problem is when the next gen consoles can run the game at 120fps but can't handle spectator cameras somehow. Any reason as to why this is still a problem would be appreciated

Yeah went into spectator/replay on Xbox Series X and felt like my console had been downgraded to a Xbox 360, I suppose the overheating this game causes on the XSX is certainly up there with it lol 

• Agree 1
12 hours ago, ProvableTerror said:

As was the case on F1 2020, the spectator cameras barely run at 30fps on F1 2021 on console and it's really noticeable when jumping between the onboard camera which is 60fps and back to the broadcast cameras which are for some reason 30fps. F1 2017, 2018 and 2019 all were 60fps in every camera view in spectator mode and now it's a choppy mess even on the next gen consoles in performance mode. Game runs fine when driving but as soon as you spectate someone it's so bad you don't want to watch. Not too sure what the problem is when the next gen consoles can run the game at 120fps but can't handle spectator cameras somehow. Any reason as to why this is still a problem would be appreciated

So true. 

Performance mode is completely broken. When i try to play it, i have hugh fps drops and my fanatec have unplayable ffb issues. 

And no words from Codemasters.

12 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Is this using quality or performance mode, or doesn't it make a difference?

No difference. Haven’t had issues whilst actually driving in performance mode but spectator cameras look so blurry and in 30fps as if I’m running the game on a base Xbox One

• Like 1