Jump to content Jump to content

Unable to Join Any Online Sessions on Xbox Series X (Error Code WS10047 or NS7)

Haven’t been able to join any sort of online session (invite or joining manually) since day 1 (July 16th) when the game came out. When I try joining a lobby it eventually gives me the message ‘Error’ and ‘Failed to join session’. Every time I’ve had an error code it’s either been ND7 or WD10054. NAT type is on strict and I don’t know how to access my router to change it. However, I can play online on every other game including past F1 games up to F1 2020 and I’m playing on an Xbox One S in Britain. This has continued to happen after the 1.06 update that released yesterday (Monday 9th of August). 

• Codemasters Staff
17 hours ago, Shamball said:

Can connect manually to every single lobby and not getting disconnected, also other people can join my lobby.

Issue is only if I decide to join by that automatic search, unable to connect and after few minutes display error. NS7.

I don't really care about public random lobby's  so as long manual connection works I'm happy. 

Tested with router settings as requested and with default settings. In both scenario works same way.

When you say "automatic search", do you mean selecting a session template in Social Play, or using Ranked mode? Thanks.

• Codemasters Staff
6 hours ago, LCFCVB77 said:

Haven’t been able to join any sort of online session (invite or joining manually) since day 1 (July 16th) when the game came out. When I try joining a lobby it eventually gives me the message ‘Error’ and ‘Failed to join session’. Every time I’ve had an error code it’s either been ND7 or WD10054. NAT type is on strict and I don’t know how to access my router to change it. However, I can play online on every other game including past F1 games up to F1 2020 and I’m playing on an Xbox One S in Britain. This has continued to happen after the 1.06 update that released yesterday (Monday 9th of August). 

Hi @LCFCVB77 - this sounds different to the more intermittent issues of NS7 being reported, so there is perhaps something else going on here. Are you able to create a new thread will a full bug report and @ me on the thread so I can follow up with you? Please also include a summary on how your network is set up (connection type, modem, router, etc.). Thanks.

2 hours ago, Hoo said:

When you say "automatic search", do you mean selecting a session template in Social Play, or using Ranked mode? Thanks.

Social play Beginner Friendly always display error NS7.

Experienced drivers, ranked plays and browse lobby's fully working like in F1 2019

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi @LCFCVB77 - this sounds different to the more intermittent issues of NS7 being reported, so there is perhaps something else going on here. Are you able to create a new thread will a full bug report and @ me on the thread so I can follow up with you? Please also include a summary on how your network is set up (connection type, modem, router, etc.). Thanks.

I’m not sure how to @ you as I’m pretty new to this whole forum thing. However, I’ll attach a link to the page. 

@Hoo

Edited by steviejay69
@ ed
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, NinjaWarrior281 said:
  • A detailed description of the issue. Attempted to join unranked/social play online sessions however whenever I join any session the game is stuck on the “Joining Session” page forever. Had the Error Codes “WS10047” and “NS7” pop up during different attempts of joining a session as well. Tried everything as described in troubleshooting. Quite frustrating issue as I have tried everything with no luck.
  • Report Code: SKBC-GTTC-PPGG-GBJG
  • Platform: Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode: Social Play
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. Various amount of players. Occurs with any session.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host: No
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. Restarted the game, Restarted Xbox, Cleared Cache, Moved game to external drive, Reinstalled game. Verified network settings both wireless and physical. Followed your connection troubleshooting with no such luck.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Just attempting to join any online session

I’m having mutable issues on Xbox one x the server don’t connect me to lobby’s and after a race or few the sever fails to continue to the next race and doesn’t reset its self for at least 20 mins making it very frustrating to play. As far as I can see this is a must fix but the response from codies is like we don’t care, why that’s All just why 🤷‍♂️👎

On 8/3/2021 at 12:32 PM, Hoo said:

Hi All. We have some fixes in test that are scheduled for release in our next patch (v1.06). We believe these should resolve some of the issues around NAT traversal and IPv6 connections that are being reported here. However, we can't yet confirm if this will resolve the NP7 errors. Please continue to provide info in this thread and we will keep feeding this to the dev team. In particular, please look out for particular session hosts that you cannot connect to from a fresh launch of the game. Video footage showing the session joining process from the multiplayer menus would be very useful too, along with report codes for your session.

If you notice that you are unable to connect to a specific host, but can connect to other lobbies normally, then please let us know (@Hoo and @BarryBL). We are keen to identify these players to request their assistance in tracking down the cause of this issue!

When are these fixes or updates coming we been waiting long time 🤷‍♂️

• Codemasters Staff

Here's a quick update on this:

We are no longer have any open issues about NATs, so are assuming these to be fixed. The other updates in v1.06 also look to have significantly reduced the instances of NS7 errors. However, there are a still a number of these errors coming through. We have a couple of fixes in place for the following issues:

• Players failing to connect to sessions due to WS10004 errors. These instances were typically displaying to the players as a general failure to disconnect message, or an NS7 error. 
  • Players would sometimes attempt to reconnect to a session that they had been unable to connect to before. This should prevent repeated join failures during matchmaking, but players may still fail on the first attempt if sessions are unjoinable. 

The above fixes should be out in the next patch (v1.07). We are still investigating instances where some sessions are unjoinable but remain flagged as joinable sessions to other players on the first join attempt.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
On 7/16/2021 at 7:24 AM, Hoo said:

For anyone seeing the issue where it shows error code WS10047 or NS7, please can you confirm how often you are seeing this issue? It would be good to understand how often you are hitting this problem as we aren't seeing this in our test lab. 

For players seeing other general disconnections, please log this in a separate thread as it looks like a different issue. Check here first in case this describes your issue:

Thanks.

literally every game. I’ve owned this game for a month and have yet to be able to connect to a game online. Not 1. 

• Agree 1
50 minutes ago, Kholland65 said:

literally every game. I’ve owned this game for a month and have yet to be able to connect to a game online. Not 1. 

Same! As this is my 1st trying to raceonline its extremely discourageing.

Trying to set up a lobby right now with 2 xsx users and 2 xb1 users and the xb1 guys are being booted to dash whenever they're trying to join the lobby. How can the game still be this broken?!? It's ridiculous. Maybe next time do an extended open beta so we can pick up on these issues before launch... So frustrated with this game

Edited by Rango
  • Agree 1
  • Codemasters Staff

@Kholland65, @Badmayhem, @Rango - please could you provide more information about your network setup so that we can understand why you are having issues? This should incloude the reported NAT type from your Xbox's network test. Also, please provide a report code from the F1 2021 game to accompany your report - this is shown in the bottom-left corner of the options screen. If you are able to post logs then we may be able to do further investigations to see what is happening in your cases. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Hoo said:

@Kholland65, @Badmayhem, @Rango - please could you provide more information about your network setup so that we can understand why you are having issues? This should incloude the reported NAT type from your Xbox's network test. Also, please provide a report code from the F1 2021 game to accompany your report - this is shown in the bottom-left corner of the options screen. If you are able to post logs then we may be able to do further investigations to see what is happening in your cases. Thanks.

Unable to provide a report code for last night's attempts but I had an open NAT type (always first thing I check), am wired into my console with a CAT 7 cable a metre from my new router/hub, which was fitted this week as part of my Internet upgrade. While I was the host, my connections are fine. The interesting thing is that we didn't have an issue when the other XSX user created the lobby. I don't understand it.

Just for clarification there were no error codes here, they simply got booted to dashboard. 

• Codemasters Staff
2 hours ago, Rango said:

Unable to provide a report code for last night's attempts but I had an open NAT type (always first thing I check), am wired into my console with a CAT 7 cable a metre from my new router/hub, which was fitted this week as part of my Internet upgrade. While I was the host, my connections are fine. The interesting thing is that we didn't have an issue when the other XSX user created the lobby. I don't understand it.

Just for clarification there were no error codes here, they simply got booted to dashboard. 

From the description, it sounds like the other player's game crashed. We'd need that player to create a new report so that we can investigate further, ideally with a video showing what is happening on screeen when their game crashes and report codes for their session. @Rango- if you are also the session host then it would be useful to understand what the lobby settings are and how the other player is joining your session (invite, via custom session browser, etc.). If you can get the crashing player to post a new bug report thread then we'll split out this conversation into there.

Still cannot connect to any online lobbies (Multiplayer > Social Play). It searches for sessions, goes to Joining Session then just hangs for a couple of minutes before "Error; Failed to join session. Error Code NS7" appears. This has happened every time for the last few weeks now; since 1.05 update I believe (currently on 1.07)

On XBox Series X, wired connection, open NAT type.

The server has basically frozen on xbox. Been this way for a few hours custom lobbys have not changed for hours they're just don't refresh and I'm sure its just displaying the last state of the lobby's or server its inactive atm.

xbox one x

report code XBBE-BCDA-KPAB-GDEG

this does not include ranked mode as this is still working 

Edited by markjamesoo7
20 hours ago, OneSeventyOut said:

Still cannot connect to any online lobbies (Multiplayer > Social Play). It searches for sessions, goes to Joining Session then just hangs for a couple of minutes before "Error; Failed to join session. Error Code NS7" appears. This has happened every time for the last few weeks now; since 1.05 update I believe (currently on 1.07)

On XBox Series X, wired connection, open NAT type.

I have the exact same issue on Xbox Series X, wired connection and open NAT type. I was looking forward to the patch 1.07, but unfortunately nothing has changed. 

Hi, August 24 and I’m having the same issue, even after downloading the latest patch. I’m on Xbox One.

Previously I could access and play in any lobby without any kind of trouble. Yesterday I tried to access a random lobby and it showed the same code!

98C9EBC2-5124-4628-8D24-4D6432F310A2.png

• Codemasters Staff
11 hours ago, IDF04 said:

Hi, August 24 and I’m having the same issue, even after downloading the latest patch. I’m on Xbox One.

Previously I could access and play in any lobby without any kind of trouble. Yesterday I tried to access a random lobby and it showed the same code!

Do you get this error every time you try and join a session? The error message itself is valid - it can happen if a session becomes unjoinable inbetween you finding it on a list and selecting to join it - so we are looking out for instances where this happens all of the time (or more often than expected).  

On 8/20/2021 at 9:42 AM, Hoo said:

Here's a quick update on this:

We are no longer have any open issues about NATs, so are assuming these to be fixed. The other updates in v1.06 also look to have significantly reduced the instances of NS7 errors. However, there are a still a number of these errors coming through. We have a couple of fixes in place for the following issues:

• Players failing to connect to sessions due to WS10004 errors. These instances were typically displaying to the players as a general failure to disconnect message, or an NS7 error. 
  • Players would sometimes attempt to reconnect to a session that they had been unable to connect to before. This should prevent repeated join failures during matchmaking, but players may still fail on the first attempt if sessions are unjoinable. 

The above fixes should be out in the next patch (v1.07). We are still investigating instances where some sessions are unjoinable but remain flagged as joinable sessions to other players on the first join attempt.

Thanks.

You may say this about code NS7 yet it is only in last week I been getting this and it’s only certain parts of onl8ne lobbies I’m getting it.

only in social play both beginner friendly and experienced drivers it happens and now cannot race in either as when I try and join either it just ends up timing out and I get the NS7 code. Yet the ranked section works perfectly fine so it’s definitely not my end otherwise ranked would not work either.

This must be the worst f1 release I ever encountered in the 10 years I been playing the game and unless something changes soon be the last I ever buy especially after the dreadful muck up in March time when all saves came corrupted for over a month and we hardly heard anything from codemasters even though most of game was unplayable. Seems in last few years, us players come unimportant once you have our money and laws covering the sales of goods and aftercare don’t matter to your company.

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, Hoo said:

Do you get this error every time you try and join a session? The error message itself is valid - it can happen if a session becomes unjoinable inbetween you finding it on a list and selecting to join it - so we are looking out for instances where this happens all of the time (or more often than expected).  

Hi!

Yes, unfortunately I get it every time i try to play online. It takes a long long time trying to connect to the session and then sends the previous code (ND7).

On 8/23/2021 at 5:17 AM, Hoo said:

I have an open NAT 

The only code I could find is.....KBHT-GJSR-JERK-GVJG

I am also having the same issue. Yesterday i was randomly cut from an online race and then have gotten this error message (ND7) any time i try to join a session. I have noticed that the actual list of 'sessions' never updates so this may be the cause of the error message but im unsure as to why they dont update.

22 hours ago, garm302 said:

I am also having the same issue. Yesterday i was randomly cut from an online race and then have gotten this error message (ND7) any time i try to join a session. I have noticed that the actual list of 'sessions' never updates so this may be the cause of the error message but im unsure as to why they dont update.

I’m having the exact same issue too