Jump to content Jump to content

Unable to Join Any Online Sessions on Xbox Series X (Error Code WS10047 or NS7)

I only purchased the game a couple of days ago, so i just got a refund for it.

Sad to hear this has been an ongoing problem for a long time now on Xbox, and hasnt been fixed or commented on from the game developers. Multiplayer for me is a big part of a racing game. Shame, as it's a fun game. 

Edited by tjcwilk
55 minutes ago, tjcwilk said:

I only purchased the game a couple of days ago, so i just got a refund for it.

Sad to hear this has been an ongoing problem for a long time now on Xbox, and hasnt been fixed or commented on from the game developers. Multiplayer for me is a big part of a racing game. Shame, as it's a fun game. 

Yeh smart move. Just play 2020 on gamepass for free since the online multiplayer isn’t functional. 

On 10/21/2021 at 2:23 PM, SpankeyMcFly said:

f1 2021 on Xbox series X

It appears I’m having the same issue as many of you where I cannot connect to any online lobbies (e.g., ranked, leagues, social, two player career, etc.). I keep getting stuck in a ‘joining season” screen with the red practice box at the top, or at an all white screen with the same box at the top. It eventually crashes and gives me an error message after a few minutes, but NO ERROR CODE????! ***.  Further, my problem only started last week—after the patch. From the date of your posts, it seems many of you had this problem in July/August—before the patch.  Could this be a result of the patch that was supposed to fix this very problem? Anyone still having these issues? 

I’ve tried everything I can think of or find.  Codemasters sent me generic response…  I’ve done restarts—both console and gateway, wifi & Ethernet, port forwarding, contacting ISP, connecting to neighbors wifi (though we do have the same internet provider 😕 ). Don’t know what else to do… this sucks 

It’s not the patch. It’s been broken since release. The patch was pointless and fixed nothing. They keep telling us “well it should be fixed, it looks fine on our end 🤷‍♂️“. Meanwhile every Xbox player still can’t play this game. 

it’s a colossal failure. My guess is the fundamental design of the net code is just totally wrong and needs to be redesigned from the ground up, which a patch cannot fix. Basically this game never should have been released as is. They essentially made a game that doesn’t actually work that they never tested in a real world scenario, all because I’m sure EA wanted them to rush it out the door. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xAdriSnipezzZHx said:

problem still exists

IMG_20211109_140020.jpg

Yeah it’s not getting fixed. It’s basically an Xbox issue and codemasters doesn’t care because they’re already working on f12022 so the told us to go **** ourselves. Still debating on getting a refund from Microsoft. 

1 hour ago, epictomb79 said:

same problem here xboxx get error  messages most of the time thought it was my fault

No not your fault, nobody on Xbox has been able to play online since release and there is no plans for a fix. So Xbox players are **** out of luck I’m afraid. 

their pretty never going to sell another Xbox copy of this franchise after what is quite literally the worst roll out of a game in gaming history. 

STILL NOT WORKING!

Can I confirm if this impacts ALL xbox users or is this isolated to a few of us? 

I've been troubleshooting for hours, resets, portforwarding with NAT now open and consistently get ND7 today. 

I was able to connect to a lobby and play ONCE last week and thats its.

Are there any workarounds people have managed to work with?! Wired connection?

I appreciate most people here have lost patience...

Feel like Hamilton getting DSQ, engineers probably did without the driver consent and I feel the same. But that recovery I don't feel the same! 

@Hoo @BarryBL

Edited by Switish
  • Agree 1

I have been on f1 2021 since day 1 on xbox x, it has worked fine until the last patch.

After the last patch i could not play online. After waiting a week and getting no help and trying a 2nd xbox and every other trick in the book i deleted my saved data ( local and online) right after that i could join online again, of course all the career work was gone. if you do delete save data and it tries to sync from cloud dont let it otherwise problem stays the same.

• Codemasters Staff

Hi - we're sorry to here that users are still hitting the NS7/ND7 issue. From checking the stats we are still getting a small number of these errors being flagged by the system. We expect to see this error reported occasionally based on standard network issues (typically when the session you are trying to connect to no longer exists), but it should not happen all of the time. If you are getting this all of the time, that might indicate that you are repeatedly trying to connect to an unjoinable session, or that there is something different with your network setup that is preventing you from establishing a connection to the host. Would you be able to try the following:

• Try joining some Ranked sessions, trying both the short and longer session types.
  • Try joining Social race sessions. Please try a couple of different templates and also try a couple of different sessions from the custom list.
  • Try a hard reset of your console and then launch the game and attempt to connect to one of the above session types.
  • Try logging into a different account on the same console and see if that is able to connect to one of the above session types.

If this is working for some sessions, but not others, please let us know which ones are not working correctly.

If you are finding that this is always failing to connect to any session then please post your report code and provide a quick summary of your connection (what type of internet line, how your console is connected to your internet line and the reported NAT type in the Xbox dashboard).

If you find that you can connect only when switching to a different account then please add this information to this other thread so that we can investigate further: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/88431-unable-to-join-any-multiplayer-session/.

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, Hoo said:

Hi - we're sorry to here that users are still hitting the NS7/ND7 issue. From checking the stats we are still getting a small number of these errors being flagged by the system. We expect to see this error reported occasionally based on standard network issues (typically when the session you are trying to connect to no longer exists), but it should not happen all of the time. If you are getting this all of the time, that might indicate that you are repeatedly trying to connect to an unjoinable session, or that there is something different with your network setup that is preventing you from establishing a connection to the host. Would you be able to try the following:

• Try joining some Ranked sessions, trying both the short and longer session types.
  • Try joining Social race sessions. Please try a couple of different templates and also try a couple of different sessions from the custom list.
  • Try a hard reset of your console and then launch the game and attempt to connect to one of the above session types.
  • Try logging into a different account on the same console and see if that is able to connect to one of the above session types.

If this is working for some sessions, but not others, please let us know which ones are not working correctly.

If you are finding that this is always failing to connect to any session then please post your report code and provide a quick summary of your connection (what type of internet line, how your console is connected to your internet line and the reported NAT type in the Xbox dashboard).

If you find that you can connect only when switching to a different account then please add this information to this other thread so that we can investigate further: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/88431-unable-to-join-any-multiplayer-session/.

Thanks @Hoo for the response. 

Social Play seems unplayable (same issue with Jeddah 24/7 mode). Unable to join any lobbies via search either.

However, Ranked Short does work... this isn't a mode i always want to play though.

I already did the hard reboot etc and NAT is staying open. 

Not able to test another account unfortunately.

• Codemasters Staff
3 hours ago, Switish said:

Thanks @Hoo for the response. 

Social Play seems unplayable (same issue with Jeddah 24/7 mode). Unable to join any lobbies via search either.

However, Ranked Short does work... this isn't a mode i always want to play though.

I already did the hard reboot etc and NAT is staying open. 

Not able to test another account unfortunately.

If you use the family share system then you should be able to share your game to another account that you create on your Xbox without needing to download or purchase the game again. Would you also be able to provide a report code from your most recent run of the game? This is the 16-letter code displayed in the bottom corner of the settings screen (or in-race pause menu). Thanks. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:11 AM, markjamesoo7 said:

Beginner lobbies are the main issue here as thats where i get most errors on xbox one x  

Yeah same, it seems that the auto matchmaking can’t find lobbies or tries to put you in non-joinable lobbies. On just a few occasions I’ve gotten into a lobby but then when attempting to load the race, it jjst hangs in black screen until everyone just starts slowly quitting because we’re all stuck trying to load. I have never once gotten into a beginner race.

I’m a brand new F1 player and while I’m decent, I kind of don’t want to have to be jumping right into ranked races which I also have not gotten to work but have admittedly not tried as much because it’s not what I’m actually interested in playing. 

4 hours ago, Hoo said:

If you use the family share system then you should be able to share your game to another account that you create on your Xbox without needing to download or purchase the game again. Would you also be able to provide a report code from your most recent run of the game? This is the 16-letter code displayed in the bottom corner of the settings screen (or in-race pause menu). Thanks. 

Hi @Hoo

Jeddah 24/7 matchmaking times out. ND7 error... but no 16 letter code. 

Is it any coincidence in the last hours today i'm now "ranked" (ie. Skill rating etc) and can now join Beginner Friendly matches sucessfully?! Or did something else change on server end? Yet to play any races though but will test a race tomorrow. 

Joining via browse/search lobby still fails. ND7 error without 16 digit code on screen.  

Can the timeout be changed to something shorter? I find it either works straight away or I wait a minute or two for it to timeout. 

I will generate a code of a successful race tomorrow if that helps?

• Codemasters Staff
12 hours ago, Switish said:

Hi @Hoo

Jeddah 24/7 matchmaking times out. ND7 error... but no 16 letter code. 

Is it any coincidence in the last hours today i'm now "ranked" (ie. Skill rating etc) and can now join Beginner Friendly matches sucessfully?! Or did something else change on server end? Yet to play any races though but will test a race tomorrow. 

Joining via browse/search lobby still fails. ND7 error without 16 digit code on screen.  

Can the timeout be changed to something shorter? I find it either works straight away or I wait a minute or two for it to timeout. 

I will generate a code of a successful race tomorrow if that helps?

Your rank shouldn't affect your ability to join Social Race sessions. 

The report code can be found by entering the Options menu and choosing Settings - it is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen. It can be accessed at any time from the Settings screen (either from the main menu or from the on-track pause menu). I have attached an example to show this. It is separate to the error code which appears when failing to join a session. 

Report Code.jpg

On 11/18/2021 at 10:35 AM, Hoo said:

Your rank shouldn't affect your ability to join Social Race sessions. 

The report code can be found by entering the Options menu and choosing Settings - it is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen. It can be accessed at any time from the Settings screen (either from the main menu or from the on-track pause menu). I have attached an example to show this. It is separate to the error code which appears when failing to join a session. 

Report Code.jpg

Hi @Hoo

The invalid session seems to be one case, got a new error that the session no longer exists.

However and otherwise still consistent ND7 error.

Tried several different things here (jeddah, browse, beginner) including a sucessful session in ranked. Here is a code to use:

VKET-XRAV-VSJD-GAEG

FYI Xbox One X (not Series X here)

Hope these are useful. 

Hi folks,

This is crazy... I cannot find help anywhere for the ND7 code error while joining the online session... despite the fact that I have all the necessary ports and NAT opened, moreover - no issues with F1 2020 online sessions (only with newly bought F1 2021!)

Still receiving "cant join the session, error code ND7"

Is there some kind of workaround to play online F12021?

In addition:

Can join the Ranked session but it is empty... starts with the track selection and after my voting nothing really happens...

Not exactly sure what u mean... If you are saying to join unranked session I've tried all the variables; beginner, experienced, browse, this is where the main problem is. You can't join any unranked session. Even if you gonna create new one, nobodys join as they probably have the same issues with the error messages.

Hard reset done - still ND7 error code popping up...

Used my son's account - exactly the same ****...

Codemasters; are you really dealing the problem since the release? Come on...

Edited by DaveZatoczka
more info to add
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, DaveZatoczka said:

Hi folks,

This is crazy... I cannot find help anywhere for the ND7 code error while joining the online session... despite the fact that I have all the necessary ports and NAT opened, moreover - no issues with F1 2020 online sessions (only with newly bought F1 2021!)

Still receiving "cant join the session, error code ND7"

Is there some kind of workaround to play online F12021?

In addition:

Can join the Ranked session but it is empty... starts with the track selection and after my voting nothing really happens...

Not exactly sure what u mean... If you are saying to join unranked session I've tried all the variables; beginner, experienced, browse, this is where the main problem is. You can't join any unranked session. Even if you gonna create new one, nobodys join as they probably have the same issues with the error messages.

Hard reset done - still ND7 error code popping up...

Used my son's account - exactly the same ****...

Codemasters; are you really dealing the problem since the release? Come on...

@DaveZatoczkathanks for this! I second what you have said with the exception I can access Ranked games.

Can you give @Hoo your session ID as I have in an earlier post here - the more info they have the hope is a faster solution.

4 hours ago, Switish said:

@DaveZatoczkathanks for this! I second what you have said with the exception I can access Ranked games.

Can you give @Hoo your session ID as I have in an earlier post here - the more info they have the hope is a faster solution.

Hey bud,

There is no session code while trying to join unranked.

At this moment, the only way to play this game online is to create your own lobby and wait for some players to join... or not. This is completely random stuff as you can wait few minutes for 2 random folks or sometimes 15 mins for only one lost guy. Who will eventually change the session. Apparently joining the multi is working for some folks... This is insane man!

By the way, the game is not cheap. And it is obvious everyone wanna play online, so why the heck nobodys fixin it!

Edit:

Something different now;

-launched the unranked > browse

-picked up the LAST session on the list (bottom)

-Error code: HD163.8804

-Cancelled

-tried the same from a scratch (again picked up the session at the bottom of the list)

-joined in as the observer....

Looks like the refreshing of the active sessions is messed up. If you're going to join a random unranked IDLE session from the list you're getting the errors. There is NO filter to sort them out starting from the newest session to the oldest and the is no way to figure out which are IDLE and which are not (other that common sense, the session on the bottom = the newest one = probably can join).

Edit 2:

Finally I was able to play online only by picking up the last session on the unranked list. The only filter I've chosen is the 5 lap race and only the session at the very end of the list. The only good thing is that the sessions are loading much faster than in F1 2020.

Anyway this is still ****** up, Codemasters I think that fixing the refresh of idle sessions on the list will help here out a bit...

Edited by DaveZatoczka
1 hour ago, DaveZatoczka said:

Hey bud,

At this moment, the only way to play this game online is to create your own lobby and wait for some players to join... or not. This is completely random stuff as you can wait few minutes for 2 random folks or sometimes 15 mins for only one lost guy. Who will eventually change the session. Apparently joining the multi is working for some folks... This is insane man!

By the way, the game is not cheap. And it is obvious everyone wanna play online, so why the heck nobodys fixin it!

Edit:

Something different now;

-Cancelled

-tried the same from a scratch (again picked up the session at the bottom of the list)

Looks like the refreshing of the active sessions is messed up. If you're going to join a random unranked IDLE session from the list you're getting the errors. There is NO filter to sort them out starting from the newest session to the oldest and the is no way to figure out which are IDLE and which are not (other that common sense, the session on the bottom = the newest one = probably can join).

Edit 2:

Finally I was able to play online only by picking up the last session on the unranked list. The only filter I've chosen is the 5 lap race and only the session at the very end of the list. The only good thing is that the sessions are loading much faster than in F1 2020.

Anyway this is still ****** up, Codemasters I think that fixing the refresh of idle sessions on the list will help here out a bit...

I have a feeling it’s something ancillary like this and not an actual network issue which is why codemasters can’t find the problem in their tests. Their are essentially looking in the wrong place. 

3 hours ago, DaveZatoczka said:

Hey bud,

Edit:

Something different now;

-Cancelled

Edit 2:

Read the instructions above,  you go to main tab 》Game Options and the Report Code is there bottom left of screen irrelevant of sessions/lobbies or errors. 

16376889243961705818662915711871.jpg

Edited by Switish
Update location of Report Code