Jump to content Jump to content

Unable to Join Any Online Sessions on Xbox Series X (Error Code WS10047 or NS7)

NinjaWarrior281

• Codemasters Staff

@baron247 - I've replied to your other thread as your issue looks different (a more general connection issue rather than the NS7 connection error).

To update on other elements raised here:

• We're looking into the issue where some users fail to connect to sessions on one account, but another works fine. A potential fix is being investigated, but carries some risk and so is with our QA teams for futher review. We think this issue may be the cause of some instances where users will always fail to connect to a session. This issue can be confirmed by creating another live account and seeing if that can access online sessions.
  • The issue raised by @DaveZatoczka suggests that old sessions can hang around too long. This is currently being investigated by our QA teams and we will be working with our external partners to confirm the expected behaviour here. 
  • We have improved the above stale session issue by preventing players from attempting to rejoin a session that they previously failed to connect to.
  • Earlier work to resolve NAT negotiation fixed the majority of issues failing to connect to sessions in the launch phase. There might still be some NAT negotation issues present for individual users with certain setups. 

If anyone is having issues where they can never join a session then I would recommend checking to see if this is the accounts issue noted above. If not, please create a new bug report thread with the appropriate info and we will see if we can assist. Unfortunately, this thread is now covering a range of slightly different issues which can result in your feedback getting lost, so I would recommend creating specific threads covering your issue and giving our forum team a nudge if you don't get any response. 

@HooI'm honestly really disappointed by your reply. The issue reported by me or @DaveZatoczkaseems to be the same. More importantly, it's the same as the one initially reported to this thread. 

I am not sure I've understood your suggestion properly, but creating a new account, it is not an option to me. Honestly, I don't think it's an option for anyone. I've bought the game, I want to be able to play it using my account. If o would have to create a new account for each new game, where would I end up? Having hundreds of accounts... That is not a solution! 

The game is buggy, and joining sessions is a real nightmare. What is the issue, because I can't say I understood?! NAT Type is "Open" on my side, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? 

Why so many users cannot use join sessions? Myself included... I have to browse through all available sessions, and maybe I am successful to join some of them (less than 30%). 

• Administrator

We have a fix in our testing phase for this issue. ETA is unconfirmed at this time.

UPDATE: @xAdriSnipezzZHx your issue is different, as you've tested on a 2nd profile and it works. NS7 is a separate issue. We are currently testing a potenital fix for "We're looking into the issue where some users fail to connect to sessions on one account, but another works fine. A potential fix is being investigated, but carries some risk and so is with our QA teams for further review. We think this issue may be the cause of some instances where users will always fail to connect to a session. This issue can be confirmed by creating another live account and seeing if that can access online sessions." as mentioned by @Hoo but as he added, may take a little time.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

• Codemasters Staff

@stormhold7 - the suggestion isn't for use to switch to another profile permanently, but to use that as a way of confirming if you are hitting this other account-based issue, or whether something else is happening in your case. The thread for the profile issue is here for reference:  https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/88431-unable-to-join-any-multiplayer-sessions-using-specific-online-accounts/.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Switish said:

@BarryBLThanks for the update but the message is confusing. is this a potential fix for the NS7 Issue?

The current fix in test is for  the issue where some users fail to connect to sessions on one account, but another works fine. The error code specifically NS7 is still under investigation with the team.

I’ve owned this since early access yet, to this day, I haven’t been able to once play online with F1 2021. Everything else, yes. I’m not going to sit and cry about it but I’ll never forget the utter lack of urgency on the part of Codemasters.

• Agree 1

the response from codemasters has been terrible over these errors on xbox, and the staff have no idea what happened and keep saying its all down to players nat type, even after feedback from lots of players reporting and saying they're nat type is open they still say its players fault. totally unacceptable response which has been ongoing for months and yet here we are still unable to play online. I wont be buying the game in the future just to show my disappointment in the very poor response codies have gave its like they don't care just money grabbing and staying quite about it. Xbox are becoming or are the leaders in the console race and this game just lost its ability to sell on there gd luck and i hope you remember this when EA cut your funding for poor development 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Shaqos said:

Does this problem occurs for every Xbox player? Or only some of them? I have also the NS7 Error - Why we are special?

i play on pc. i cant play ranked/social multiplay on my account but can play on a diff account by family sharing the game....any issues or still not ?

• 2 weeks later...

Still no success. This morning I tried to dig a little deeper.

First I tested NAT and Multi player from the XBox setting. All passed (of course it does, the only game where I have this problem is F1 2021 in Social Play)

I then went in to my router and opened the following ports according to 

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Still no success

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 6.57.35 AM.png

I'm actually going to persue this.

Let's get started. I need a refund as the game does not work and both codemasters and xbox are refusing.

“Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.

My rights have been breached because the digital content you sold me is faulty. I would like you to fix it within a reasonable time.”

If no response is recieved to this message I'll look to go further. 

Edited by RLLL
  • Agree 2

This is the first time I've ever experienced an issue like this, with this much poor support.

I thought EA were bad with battlefield (got banned for no reason the first time I opened the game), they took 3 weeks to sort me out, but to find this thread has been going for MONTHS is just crazy.

I've hit this issue too, and have tried the following:

Port forwarding, changing to wired connection, placing the Xbox in a DMZ, changing to static and reserved IP addresses, playing on a different account, reinstalling. None worked.

I tried playing over hotspot to my phone and it worked fine, I connected right away.

It seems my problem is with my ISP for whatever reason, but I literally have no problems with any other game at all except for F1 2021, F1 2020 works fine.

Codemasters should be pulled over hot coals for the lack of effort in helping people here. I'd be interested to know if those who are having issues can circumvent them by hotspotting to their mobiles too?

Can’t join any online session. I’m on Xbox series x and get hit with ns7 error code every time. 

I’ve tried everything I can think of but the problem remains. Any updates on a patch or fix I can try?

Edited by ShavenDuck550