Jump to content Jump to content

Unable to Join Any Online Sessions on Xbox Series X (Error Code WS10047 or NS7)


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, DaveZatoczka said:

@Switish BSEM-KEKR-PVBP-GAEG

Did you try picking up the last/newest session on the unranked list as I've described above?

Cannot say it has ever worked. Not that I have the time to keep trying because timeouts are too long. 

25% ranked im also in empty lobbies but perhaps thats because its not so popular???

Im stuck doing short ranked and struggling to get back into a higher rating because of kamikaze drivers and takes an age even with a perfect clean race. 

@Hoo here is other report code. Can we solve the fact every 3-4 races I have to quit the game because another racer is hanging after the game?!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll keep on testing this but what I would say at this point was written already; the idle sessions, hanging on the list, not being refreshed (even if "Y" button is smashed). It doent have nothing to do with NAT, ISP, connection bull&%#.

I am just guessing (this is basically the question to dev team) - is the below scenario possible:

- some guy is startin new lobby,

- noone joins, so he quits and tries to hit an existing one somewhere else,

- HIS session (despite the fact he already quitted was not terminated and is still visible on the list for other players)

- we are trying to jump in, choosing HIS "idle" session as an example, so we are getting connection error message.

Question is - does it make sense and is it technically possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveZatoczka said:

I'll keep on testing this but what I would say at this point was written already; the idle sessions, hanging on the list, not being refreshed (even if "Y" button is smashed). It doent have nothing to do with NAT, ISP, connection bull&%#.

I am just guessing (this is basically the question to dev team) - is the below scenario possible:

- some guy is startin new lobby,

- noone joins, so he quits and tries to hit an existing one somewhere else,

- HIS session (despite the fact he already quitted was not terminated and is still visible on the list for other players)

- we are trying to jump in, choosing HIS "idle" session as an example, so we are getting connection error message.

Question is - does it make sense and is it technically possible?

Nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
16 hours ago, DaveZatoczka said:

I'll keep on testing this but what I would say at this point was written already; the idle sessions, hanging on the list, not being refreshed (even if "Y" button is smashed). It doent have nothing to do with NAT, ISP, connection bull&%#.

I am just guessing (this is basically the question to dev team) - is the below scenario possible:

- some guy is startin new lobby,

- noone joins, so he quits and tries to hit an existing one somewhere else,

- HIS session (despite the fact he already quitted was not terminated and is still visible on the list for other players)

- we are trying to jump in, choosing HIS "idle" session as an example, so we are getting connection error message.

Question is - does it make sense and is it technically possible?

This scenario is technically possible and is where we expect the occasional NS7/ND7 errors to be seen. This becomes problematic if players are repeatedly hitting NS7 errors and across different modes. From the data we can see, the NS7 issues have only been seen by small number of players, but a sub-set of those players have hit the problem more than once. We are trying to understand what the cause of this is. 

It's worth noting that if you fail to connect to a session due to an NS7 error during Ranked matchmaking then we not attempt to join to that session again. It would be useful to see if retrying to join a Ranked match a couple of times produces a different result, or whether the NS7 error will occur every time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Can’t load into online game servers, while my friend can.  Tired over many days, I don’t see error codes often, usually just says can’t connect to server.
  • NP7 code
  • PS5
  • Social and Ranked
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • Restarted router, game, updated everything.
  • YouTube channel Jbaron420 for video of error
  • Loading into online matches.

What is with this error?!?  I can play any other game just fine, why is this happening now?  What’s the fix?  I don’t see anything ?

 

726237CD-E9DE-488A-9995-3F6E7A5BB576.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm experiencing the same issue(s). This is really frustrating and makes me think I was a real idiot buying this game. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I didn't had any issues with F1 2020, or with any other game, playing online modes.

If I try to play Ranked mode, sometimes will find a session, but most of the times it doesn't and it just creates a new session where I'm the host, and the only player 🤦🏻‍♂️

On Social Play mode, I have a similar issue. If I try to use "Beginner Friendly" or "Experienced Drivers" options, to jump to an existing session, I will get the "Error code NS7" (after waiting 20-40s). If I go to settings the report code is "CEVV-MBCJ-RMKE-GXEG". 

I've tried to join manually, to a session, in Social Play, and I could rarely succeeded. 🙁

My setup is: 

- Location: Romania

- Xbox Series X 

- Wired connection (Provider: RDS)

- Nat type: Open

I've bought the game to play online, not single player. The game is unplayable... I cannot believe that these issues are reported since the release, and there is no fix till this day. 

 

@Hoo Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Xbox new gen console has that Quick Resume mode? Maybe somehow it gets stuck to the previous session state?

I've tried hard reset on my console, restart my router... Nothing seems to work. Manual joining on Social Play, works randomly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by stormhold7
Link to post
Share on other sites

On Xbox Series X, I'm getting error NS7 a lot, around 50% of the time, when trying to connect to random lobbies in Social Play, but creating or joining lobbies via invites works fine 90% of the time.

Edited by Aparow
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
On 11/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, baron247 said:

 

 

  • Can’t load into online game servers, while my friend can.  Tired over many days, I don’t see error codes often, usually just says can’t connect to server.
  • NP7 code
  • PS5
  • Social and Ranked
  • N/A
  • N/A
  • Restarted router, game, updated everything.
  • YouTube channel Jbaron420 for video of error
  • Loading into online matches.

What is with this error?!?  I can play any other game just fine, why is this happening now?  What’s the fix?  I don’t see anything ?

 

 

726237CD-E9DE-488A-9995-3F6E7A5BB576.jpeg

This looks like a different issue, possibly a temporary disruption to the game servers on PlayStation. Please try this again and if the issue still occurs you will need to raise a new forum thread about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

@Aparow & @stormhold7

Thanks for the info about invites. When you are searching for a game, how long do you typically spend browsing the list of sessions, or selecting a game mode? The reason I ask is that it could be possible for the current list of games to become out of date if you take a while browsing the sessions or picking a particular session to play because we don't refresh the session list in the background at this point. I'd like to know if that is a factor in this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Hoo, thank you for taking a look.  I try every day, to join ranked, social and try to join through the browse server method.   My psn friend is able to join a room, send me an invite but it doesn’t work for me and my friend is able to play that same server.    I’ve set up an open lobby and no one ever joins.   Nothing is working for me.   I really love racing against others, how can this be resolved.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sorry but at this point, I think codemasters needs to admit that they just totally didn’t code this game right and a simple patch or change of network settings isn’t going to fix it because the problem is rooted in base coding of the game. F1 2021 will forever be unplayable on Xbox. 
 

They totally ****** this up and just designed a completely broken net code that has no chance of working. Again, this could quite literally be the most epic failure by a game developer in the history of video games, so congratulations codemasters 👏🏻. I hope someone is getting fired over this, and hopefully F1/EA pulls the rights from codemasters and let’s someone else start making these games because I’m not sure I can have any confidence in anything they make anymore with such a massive failure like this the likes of which I can’t say I ever seen in my 34yrs some odd years of gaming. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hoo said:

@Aparow & @stormhold7

Thanks for the info about invites. When you are searching for a game, how long do you typically spend browsing the list of sessions, or selecting a game mode? The reason I ask is that it could be possible for the current list of games to become out of date if you take a while browsing the sessions or picking a particular session to play because we don't refresh the session list in the background at this point. I'd like to know if that is a factor in this issue.

I usually start top-bottom. So I get through each available session (with some filters, like length), and I try to join the ones that have more than 10 players (ideally). 

As I've said previously, on most of them, it's loading forever... and then you get the error "failed to join this session". 

Even if I try to refresh manually, the list, most of the sessions are not joinable... ever. There is some connection issue, to the lobby, for sure. What is it? Well, that only your developers could say :) 

And if you manage to join a session, sometimes the session just freezes after a race. It's loading forever and you have to close the game, and start again. So imagine the frustration... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hoo has a help desk ticket been created?  I’m Looking forward to playing online again and get my platinum trophy!  What steps are being taken on this issue?  I tried again to play in all ways for over 20mins and nothing worked.  I did get a new error code, posted below.

9F7F6F39-659D-48D3-AAEE-4131FE743EEE.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baron247 said:

@Hoo has a help desk ticket been created?  I’m Looking forward to playing online again and get my platinum trophy!  What steps are being taken on this issue?  I tried again to play in all ways for over 20mins and nothing worked.  I did get a new error code, posted below.

9F7F6F39-659D-48D3-AAEE-4131FE743EEE.png

Unfortunately I think you’re wasting your breath. Codemasters clearly has 0 idea what is wrong with their game and are still playing dumb. It’s like they never actually hooked up an Xbox and tried to play it judging by how confused they are by everyone’s experience and acting like everything is fine. 
 

I truly think the fane is fundamentally broken and the way they coded it for Xbox is just 100% flawed so unless they redesign the game from the ground up, it’s never going to work. No patch is going to fix this game when the actual game itself is totally messed up. 
 

Honestly, if I was heading this company, many people would be losing their jobs over this. It’s completely unacceptable and the worth launch of game I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I know I will not be purchasing another game from them until I can confirm from people that it actually works online. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, Hoo said:

@Aparow & @stormhold7

Thanks for the info about invites. When you are searching for a game, how long do you typically spend browsing the list of sessions, or selecting a game mode? The reason I ask is that it could be possible for the current list of games to become out of date if you take a while browsing the sessions or picking a particular session to play because we don't refresh the session list in the background at this point. I'd like to know if that is a factor in this issue.

Honestly you guys should be utterly ashamed of yourselves. It’s been nearly half a year and you’re not even a single step closer to solution and you keep asking us the same questions like it’s the players making some dumb error as opposed to the entire net code of this game needing to be completely rebuilt from the ground up. 
 

Not only that, but I see zero effort to to provide any sort of consolation to people who have payed full price for this game and can’t even play it. 
 

Congratulations on literally the most epic failure in the history of video games. Good luck recovering from this one and for your sake hopefully there aren’t too many employees that get fired over this because you guys have permanently ruined the reputation of this company and it’s brand. This is probably the beginning of the end for codemasters. I hope EA pulls the rights and let’s another Dev start making this game because this is just ridiculous. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@HooAs I said before, the refreshing of the unranked sessions is messed up. Here is the example from my game 2 min ago:

- finished the unranked session established by player XYZ, (1 lap quali, 17 laps Portugal)

- after the race the player left the lobby, I've became an op,

- I've left the session as the there was only 1 player in the lobby,

- went back to the unranked sessions list,

- filtered out short races, only the "medium-lenght" left on the list,

- there was still Portugal race I was a part of available to join (established by a user XYZ that already quit the game, session was still showing "in progress" 7/17 laps to go despite the fact it was already finished few minutes back!).

So I am askin what the **** this is all about man?! Get to work god damn!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DaveZatoczka said:

@HooAs I said before, the refreshing of the unranked sessions is messed up. Here is the example from my game 2 min ago:

- finished the unranked session established by player XYZ, (1 lap quali, 17 laps Portugal)

- after the race the player left the lobby, I've became an op,

- I've left the session as the there was only 1 player in the lobby,

- went back to the unranked sessions list,

- filtered out short races, only the "medium-lenght" left on the list,

- there was still Portugal race I was a part of available to join (established by a user XYZ that already quit the game, session was still showing "in progress" 7/17 laps to go despite the fact it was already finished few minutes back!).

So I am askin what the **** this is all about man?! Get to work god damn!

I know right? It’s like these clowns have never designed a game before. This is some basic ****. Matchmaking is not a hard concept. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Hoo what is the status?? Is there a help desk ticket?  I keep on trying various methods to connect everyday, wasting 20-40mins.    What is being done on codemasters end?  If you have to reset my online stats, that’s fine.  I only have one trophy left to get, 10 clean races online, so I’d like to be able to do that.   

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, baron247 said:

Hi @Hoo what is the status?? Is there a help desk ticket?  I keep on trying various methods to connect everyday, wasting 20-40mins.    What is being done on codemasters end?  If you have to reset my online stats, that’s fine.  I only have one trophy left to get, 10 clean races online, so I’d like to be able to do that.   

I wouldn’t hold your breath after 5 months of little no action or updates regarding this issue, and we’re lucky if @hoo replies once a month to this threat. 
 

This situation really just hard to fathom.  
 

Unfortunately I don’t have 20min a day to burn in this game knowing it’s not going to work. I work a job and run a business so I’m lucky to just pop on for 30min-hr a few nights a week before bed. It’s just not worth my time anymore to attempt to troubleshoot this unless codemasters wants to pay me to be their game tester and technician. 

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baron247 said:

Hi @Hoo what is the status?? Is there a help desk ticket?  I keep on trying various methods to connect everyday, wasting 20-40mins.    What is being done on codemasters end?  If you have to reset my online stats, that’s fine.  I only have one trophy left to get, 10 clean races online, so I’d like to be able to do that.   

If we can join a lobby together we can complete that if you like... 😅@baron247

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff

@baron247 - I've replied to your other thread as your issue looks different (a more general connection issue rather than the NS7 connection error).

To update on other elements raised here:

  • We're looking into the issue where some users fail to connect to sessions on one account, but another works fine. A potential fix is being investigated, but carries some risk and so is with our QA teams for futher review. We think this issue may be the cause of some instances where users will always fail to connect to a session. This issue can be confirmed by creating another live account and seeing if that can access online sessions.
  • The issue raised by @DaveZatoczka suggests that old sessions can hang around too long. This is currently being investigated by our QA teams and we will be working with our external partners to confirm the expected behaviour here. 
  • We have improved the above stale session issue by preventing players from attempting to rejoin a session that they previously failed to connect to.
  • Earlier work to resolve NAT negotiation fixed the majority of issues failing to connect to sessions in the launch phase. There might still be some NAT negotation issues present for individual users with certain setups. 

If anyone is having issues where they can never join a session then I would recommend checking to see if this is the accounts issue noted above. If not, please create a new bug report thread with the appropriate info and we will see if we can assist. Unfortunately, this thread is now covering a range of slightly different issues which can result in your feedback getting lost, so I would recommend creating specific threads covering your issue and giving our forum team a nudge if you don't get any response. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HooI'm honestly really disappointed by your reply. The issue reported by me or @DaveZatoczkaseems to be the same. More importantly, it's the same as the one initially reported to this thread. 

I am not sure I've understood your suggestion properly, but creating a new account, it is not an option to me. Honestly, I don't think it's an option for anyone. I've bought the game, I want to be able to play it using my account. If o would have to create a new account for each new game, where would I end up? Having hundreds of accounts... That is not a solution! 

The game is buggy, and joining sessions is a real nightmare. What is the issue, because I can't say I understood?! NAT Type is "Open" on my side, so that shouldn't be a problem, right? 

Why so many users cannot use join sessions? Myself included... I have to browse through all available sessions, and maybe I am successful to join some of them (less than 30%). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hoo said:

@baron247 - I've replied to your other thread as your issue looks different (a more general connection issue rather than the NS7 connection error).

To update on other elements raised here:

  • We're looking into the issue where some users fail to connect to sessions on one account, but another works fine. A potential fix is being investigated, but carries some risk and so is with our QA teams for futher review. We think this issue may be the cause of some instances where users will always fail to connect to a session. This issue can be confirmed by creating another live account and seeing if that can access online sessions.
  • The issue raised by @DaveZatoczka suggests that old sessions can hang around too long. This is currently being investigated by our QA teams and we will be working with our external partners to confirm the expected behaviour here. 
  • We have improved the above stale session issue by preventing players from attempting to rejoin a session that they previously failed to connect to.
  • Earlier work to resolve NAT negotiation fixed the majority of issues failing to connect to sessions in the launch phase. There might still be some NAT negotation issues present for individual users with certain setups. 

If anyone is having issues where they can never join a session then I would recommend checking to see if this is the accounts issue noted above. If not, please create a new bug report thread with the appropriate info and we will see if we can assist. Unfortunately, this thread is now covering a range of slightly different issues which can result in your feedback getting lost, so I would recommend creating specific threads covering your issue and giving our forum team a nudge if you don't get any response. 

 

None of this sounds like it’s going to fix the root problem people are having, and I believe they are all related despite people experiencing the issue in different ways. I highly doubt there are a bunch of different and unique bugs that are all effecting online play. Common sense would tell you everything is related to the same root cause. 
 

I don’t really have any confidence that the things being discussed are even going to fix this issue for most people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...