Jump to content Jump to content

Is it me or is the AI much more agressive on the ps5 as on the pc

Is it me or is the AI much more agressive on the ps5 as on the pc
Ok, I´ve started breaking point on the pc only to watch the pc version and look more on graphics, handling and how the handling model is on the pc.
I think the AI is much harder on console in breaking point. On PC on normal mode you will not think you drive with AI.  is ultra slow. It is good for beginners to practice. The hard level on pc looks like the normal level on the ps5.

Another think is that you have a much more speed boost wth drs on the PC. It is a lot easier to overtake with drs. On the console you need drs and ers to overtake and it is not easy. My AI level on the PC is 75 and 80 and on console 55 and 65.
That is a to big gap for me.
The handling model feels different too. On the ps5 with the Dual sense controller without any driving assistt the cars are much more understeering and more slippery to drive. You have so much more grip on the pc with the same setups. It is a different game for me. It is so stable to drive with controller on pc and without assists. Codies should look at this Issues
@Barry BL 😉

It is really a different experience. THe cars on console feels more like cars from the early 2000´s like the F 2002 or Alonsos Renault of 2005. It is a lot of fun and a lot more difficult. I think beginners need a lower difficulty. On the pc it is more beginner friendly.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

It is really a different experience. THe cars on console feels more like cars from the early 2000´s like the F 2002 or Alonsos Renault of 2005. It is a lot of fun and a lot more difficult. I think beginners

I’m not questioning you as I haven’t played both versions. I only play on PC. However, could some of it to be with optimisation on PC. I’ve seen a lot of posts from PS players complaining about screen tearing, fps issues, which will make things harder. Where as PC has better optimisation, more fps etc. Making things feel smoother and overall better game play? Or easier as you put it?

Can you compare AI lap times on braking point across both versions? As that might indicate if its different.

No it has nothing to do with screen tearing. You have no screen tearing or input lag in the ps5 version. The screen tearing is only in cutscenes. It feels totally different. When I have time. I will look for that. For me it feels in game much smoother on the ps5, but I have an older gaming pc with a rtx 2080 as my newest component of the pc.

Intel 4790k
Geforce RTX 2080 (first revision)
Asusus maximus ranger VII mainboard
G Skill DDR 3 2400 mhz 16 GB
SSD NVME 970 EVO
GSync monitor Asus ROG 278q 

18 minutes ago, MadEvilBeavis76 said:

GSync monitor Asus ROG 278q 

Off topic, we have the same monitor. Out of interest can you share your monitor settings? As i struggle to find the right balance of color saturation on this game. You have any issues with this?

Edited by Jobling1983
Typo

That explains a lot.

I'm a console gamer myself and I've had the experience with AI. if you then ask people in forum, then there are always 2 opposing opinions and nothing in between.

Some say AI is good and fair and too easy, others say too difficult, unfair and aggressive, but nobody thought about different platforms.

very good topic here...

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

@jobling1983 

I´m using the spyder 5 for calibrating my monitor. I can give you my settings.

brightness 24
contrast 59
color temperature warm

OD normal

Under screen resolution in the nvidia control panel  set the nvidia colour settings not the windows standard. 
It can be differ for you, because of my monitor calibration with the spyder tool

The game is using for the blue tones a bit to much of red tonemapping, this was different in the last game. The colours are a bit richer this is good. 
I have the first revision of the monitor. You can use the nvidia sharpness for a crisper image. I´ve set the sharpness to 0.25 and 0.15 for a subtle crisper image.

If you are not using the monitor for photoshop or desktop publishing, you can set the saturation in the nvidia control panel 5 steps higher. It looks very good for games.

Edited by MadEvilBeavis76
19 hours ago, Jobling1983 said:

I’ve seen a lot of posts from PS players complaining about screen tearing, fps issues,

Just to confirm that I believe such issues relate to cut scenes and I think replays, but not actual gameplay. I've noticed no issues myself (on PS5).