Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - Found a Flying Finland Bug? Post it here!

Dnote

Hi,

If you come across any problems with the Flying Finland update, or a bug that might have slipped through the cracks, let us know here.

Remember, DiRT Rally is in Early Access and we're constantly working on it, so the best way you can help us make it even better is to let us know about the problems here.

Thanks,
Bug? Maybe not, but I have intense, severe stuttering issues after this update. Not had that before

CPU: I7-5820K, 6-core 3,3ghz. Corsair H55 Watercooled.
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLI Overclocked
RAM: Crucial DDR4 2133 MHz 16GB

This also leads to the FFB clipping, which makes it pretty much undrivable.
I found a bug in the Spanish version. Before the stage starts, the codriver says the countdown as usually, but once I've started, he says the countdown again while I'm already driving, and the notes are completly out of sync. I've played in two different stages so I guess it happens in all of them. Other "problem" is that the voice of the codriver when the countdown is the same as ever, but then it is another one. There are also some notes that could be better translated but it's not very important. 

Other thing is that the car goes over 2 wheels in fast corners, don't know if it's a bug or if it's correct. It's happened with both the Focus and Impreza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLzu2LT6gHI

Loving the update apart from that  <3

Erm, have I missed something as I can't pick the location I want to race in custom championship?  Bit crap when I can't get to the new tracks without doing a proper championship and discarding the other events to get to Finland.
Myrvold said:
Bug? Maybe not, but I have intense, severe stuttering issues after this update. Not had that before

CPU: I7-5820K, 6-core 3,3ghz. Corsair H55 Watercooled.
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLI Overclocked
RAM: Crucial DDR4 2133 MHz 16GB

This also leads to the FFB clipping, which makes it pretty much undrivable.
I have a similar issue, I'm having some stuttering after every 3-4 seconds. This problem wasn't occurring before the update.
I also agree with the glare issue.

CPU: I7-4790k @ 4.0GHz; GPU: MSI GTX 970; RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB
  • Codemasters Staff
Is there an obvious reason I can only select from the first three difficulties in custom championships? Do I have to win a professional one to get up to the top level?
You just have to reach the level in standard championship before it becomes an option in custom. 

TuliRally said:
In custom championship it gives you biggest bonus percent if you choose Open and Elite gives you the least. Is this correct or a bug? 
This is a bit complicated. Open in standard championship has 4 stage events. Master has 12 stage events. When you do custom, it scales rewards based on how many stages you pick, vs the number you get in standard championship. So, a 1 stage event in Open rewards you 1/4 of normal, and a 1 stage event in Master rewards you 1/12th. You can't really compare percentages though, as Master pays out a lot more.

My favourite aspect of custom champ is that I can go round the world in 30 minutes or so, by doing 5 1-stage events. And I get rewarded! 

We didn't let you pick the events, stages, or conditions, as it removes some of the unknown of the main career mode. As mentioned above, if you want total control of stages, you have custom events.
Thank you for clearing this! I thougth that it might have something to do with higher payouts.

and about selecting events i have to say that it would be nice to have option to randomise or not, BUT here is the catch in this:

i can use this to my advantace in my own little "career mode" like so. I randomly (and dependant of driving and results before, quite many factors really so maybe not so random) get deals from different in game sponsors to different length of events. So in a way with this they would choose what events they are ready to sponsor. I can throw dice to get other factors in like how many events and number stages. You can go quite deep like this. I admit i would like to see something like Ultimate Rally Team suggested by ThierryNeville to be implemented in future ( Dirt Rally DLC or DR2) or even modded somehow.

In special stage Pitkajarvi, the italian co-driver's note are completly wrong, to start to finish.
This also happens for Jarvenkyla.

And please, record the old co-driver also for Finland. The new one speaks in a way that irritates, and it's not really clear.
Not that the old co-driver is adrenalinic or enthusiastic about his job, but he's definitely better than this...

About the mouse support, please allow us to select the icons on the top of the menu.
The cursor disappears for me as soon as I hold the handbrake to start the stage. Bit odd that. 
Aye, I stand corrected. Thought it stayed but went back and looked and it does go away once you hit the handbrake. I did notice it stays during replays though. It seems if you move it all the way to the right it'll go offscreen.

I don't know if it started this update or not, but something wonky with clutch behavior. For instance, if you use manual seq w/clutch override on. During launch, if you let go of the handbrake, the car will roll (like it should I would imagine) unless it's on a perfectly flat surface. Now if you play with H pattern + clutch and do the same, the car will not roll. One stage to test it on is Oksala. Tried it with the Focus w/man seq+clutch override, mk2 w/H-pat + clutch, GrA Impreza w/H-pat + clutch.
My T300RS wheel is listed as a controller, but when I click on it I only get gamepad control options - no wheel calibration or anything like that. 

I completely deleted the game and removed my docs and downloaded/installed again from Steam and the problem persists. 

I can change the direct input to wheel but it's awful in game. 

It all worked ok up to and including the rallycross patch, although I've not played since the last minor patch. 

Would be grateful for ideas for a fix as I'm really looking forward to trying the Finnish stages. 

Thanks. 
I don't wish to be ungrateful to the UI developer who worked on the mouse support, but please fix the mouse support, so all navigation buttons operate with the mouse 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

50% of the navigation is still broken. When using Fanatec wheel the numbering system of the buttons makes little sense, but we are forced to use hard coded navigation designed for console platform.

Love the Finland update, it's awesome!

Archived