Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - Found a Flying Finland Bug? Post it here!

Dnote

I've found a couple of bugs, and they've probably appeared before....

First off, my resolution and graphics settings STILL RESET THEMSELVES WHEN I LAUNCH THE GAME. This has happened since v. 0.7. What the game does is automatically scan my PC and set the settings really low, yet I can run the game on Ultra and at maximum resolution at 75 FPS comfortably. I really hope for a quick fix to this.

Secondly, there's a major graphical bug on Iso Oksjarvi and some Welsh and Greek stages as well (might be in other Finnish stages, havent played much yet). The ground dissappears and the textures get "dragged". It was supposedly an AMD driver issue but I supposed it'd be fixed by now.

http://i.imgur.com/7JJcQHo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QxT1BQy.jpg

If anyone has any fixes for this please let me know, otherwise I hope codies gets to me quickly. Thanks!

Rewinding from the start of a replay resets the broken body parts and dirt on the car (missing panels and tires stay missing).

Just before the end of the replay:

Rewinding from the start, immediately after the above screenshot was taken:

This is a bit complicated. Open in standard championship has 4 stage events. Master has 12 stage events. When you do custom, it scales rewards based on how many stages you pick, vs the number you get in standard championship. So, a 1 stage event in Open rewards you 1/4 of normal, and a 1 stage event in Master rewards you 1/12th. You can't really compare percentages though, as Master pays out a lot more.
Ah that makes sense. My first though was, bug, I'll take the 100% in open thanks.

It could definitely do with a better way of communicating potential rewards. At least something that can be compared. Although now that I understand it's probably less relevant for me.
OzoreXS said:
Why you cant select country in custom championships?!
Because that kind of makes the custom event section of the game void. If you want to do finland stages only, then choose custom event.
Sorry but I cant accept that.
Custom event does not upgrade cars and does not give any reward. Also you dont need to own the cars to drive all of them.

I´m a bit dissapointed on this. Yesterday I was dying waiting to get home and do the 12 Finland stages in a row (in custom champ.) ..but I couldnt. Game randomize the location, you just can select nº events, nº stages and AI difficulty. Then you select the car and there you go :(

I was specting something closer to the leagues system to compound custom rallys.

I still think its a big handicap for custom championship mode.

The only good thing I found on it is the fact you can run a single stage to "finally set" pending car upgrades. Nothing more.

Is there an obvious reason I can only select from the first three difficulties in custom championships? Do I have to win a professional one to get up to the top level?
You just have to reach the level in standard championship before it becomes an option in custom. 

TuliRally said:
In custom championship it gives you biggest bonus percent if you choose Open and Elite gives you the least. Is this correct or a bug? 
This is a bit complicated. Open in standard championship has 4 stage events. Master has 12 stage events. When you do custom, it scales rewards based on how many stages you pick, vs the number you get in standard championship. So, a 1 stage event in Open rewards you 1/4 of normal, and a 1 stage event in Master rewards you 1/12th. You can't really compare percentages though, as Master pays out a lot more.

My favourite aspect of custom champ is that I can go round the world in 30 minutes or so, by doing 5 1-stage events. And I get rewarded! 

We didn't let you pick the events, stages, or conditions, as it removes some of the unknown of the main career mode. As mentioned above, if you want total control of stages, you have custom events.
I like the "unknown" factor for championships. But I really miss the ability to select the country (not stages). If this where possible, custom champ. mode would be perfect for me.

(In fact, you can now start/restart/discard the custom rally as many times as you wish until the desired country appears... but its tedious and not operational; it may takes like 7-15 times until you go where you want to run; I mean until randomizer selects the one you want.)
negative:
- I´ve driven on a night stage while raining with the Oculus Rift DK2 yesterday and had fluid 75fps. Same stage and weather today with the new update and everytime there are some more trees in sight it begins to stutter. Same with the new tracks, i doesn´t get 75fps consistent anymore and have the game set to medium for most of the options with mi 980ti. 
- New co-driver calls are even worse than the old ones and they where already really bad before. He don´t know what´s the difference between left and right. Often a 5 is slower than a 3, espacially if it´s a diffuclt corner he says right 4 and it´s like a 2 and i´m off the cliff and dead. He calls everything in the same voice like sitting in a chair reading a book for his kids that wan´t to sleep. He just makes me so damn angry that i want to wrack him into the next tree, what happens anyway because he gave me the wrong calls.

positive:
-new stages are awesome, i love the jumps especially with the Rift. Just feels incredible to fly and  hit the road again, what a rollercoaster for my stomach :-D
- forcefeedback seems to have improved again and feels really great now. best forcefeedback till launch!
-great new cars, cockpits loock good, they sound awesome (all cars sound better than in any other racing game) and they are fun to drive
This is getting better with each update, so thanks for that....only if those Finland stages were better optimized.....i have to drop shader details to the lowest setting to get almost stuttery-free performance...and i have no such problems on other countries. But i guess, that's what was expected with my rig... gf560ti and athlon x4 640....  :'(
I've noticed that, if you go through a water-splash and restart immediately after, your wipers will stay on all the time and water will be on your windscreen. Also, if you don't change cars and go to another stage, that is dry, the wipers will continue on.
I found a bug in the Spanish version. Before the stage starts, the codriver says the countdown as usually, but once I've started, he says the countdown again while I'm already driving, and the notes are completly out of sync. I've played in two different stages so I guess it happens in all of them. Other "problem" is that the voice of the codriver when the countdown is the same as ever, but then it is another one. There are also some notes that could be better translated but it's not very important. 

Other thing is that the car goes over 2 wheels in fast corners, don't know if it's a bug or if it's correct. It's happened with both the Focus and Impreza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLzu2LT6gHI

Loving the update apart from that  <3

+1000 Impossible to follow the notes. 
Hello, Codemasters.
I'm a long time DiRT fan and I was wondering if you are able to fix the lighting problem on dark stages in DiRT Rally. I have a low-end pc, and I would hate to run the game in under 30fps because of this, but it doesn't look very good in replays. I'll like a screenshot of it.
Thanks

https://gyazo.com/d5375f402d333038da1a24dbbef340ab
Really...?
The physical v2 = arcade + assistance.
Please reconsider.Jumps and behavior of physical v2 in Finland are not natural. The jumps are typical of the lunar admosfera, not the planet Earth.
Turn  back and rethink the physical again. Or will fail.

I'd love to add a few words on the co-pilot as well. English version works properly altouh the notes are very... cowardly I'd say. My co-pilot very often warn me about "3" left or right, and it turns out I can drive almost flat out at 5th gear (Subaru 2001). Most of the Finnish stages suffers same problem. Maybe we can change the guy for someone who ain't so affraid of speed ;-)

And the second think isn't  bug, rather an observation: now we really need better damage system, as Finnish stages are too forgiving for careless drivers. It's easy too recover from the crash, and you really need to hit hard and often to seriously damage anything other than the wheels.

Cheers.
Hey,
I have noticed something im not sure if it where in before.
When i press the gas pedal, i reach the red rpm with not even halfway on the pedal.
This vary a little between cars.
It looks fine in the settings, but is this just me?
(Got the t500rs btw)
I have been testing for stuttering this afternoon using the i7 4770K ( for which stuttering has been reported several times on and didn't see it apart from one specific case which was expected (maxing out the GPU ram with VSync enabled)

PC was running Windows 7 64bit, an Nvidia 670 with a Logitech G27 wheel with Logitech Profiler.

I moved from testing 0.7 to 0.8

There have been several reports of it disappearing when removing all controllers and using keyboard which might help to identify a common cause.

Any more information you can provide can help us try and reproduce it here.

If you are experiencing this stuttering observe Resource Monitor (located in the performance tab of task manager) while running the game in a window
and see if it matches any external activity to the game in either CPU or Disk)

Another useful tool is the Microsoft Process Monitor which I have used in the past to see what windows is doing and look for a pattern with stutter.

Its available here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896645

Thanks
+1 to the comment that pace notes for Kotajarvi are way too early compared to the other tracks. I'd say the note counter got incremented a bit too much :)
Also the codriver voice in Finland is not as nice and dynamic as the other locations, where he seems to "feel" the bumps and speed in his voice.
GusPerez said:
Really...?
The physical v2 = arcade + assistance.
Please reconsider.Jumps and behavior of physical v2 in Finland are not natural. The jumps are typical of the lunar admosfera, not the planet Earth.
Turn  back and rethink the physical again. Or will fail.

But yeah, in some stages, the notes are a bit ahead, even if they're set to normal. I also agree with @Mike555

@DeputyDiRT I found the culprit for my stuttering issue - it's my steering wheel (Logitech G27). I disconnected the wheel in game and the stutter was gone. After reconnecting it, the stuttering came back. Performance tab doesn't show any anomalies.
I'm very happy with what you had do in here :D 

But there are some bugs.
I've already read it in here, but, in SPANISH, there are 2 countdowns, the new codriver sound is AWESOME, VERY real, but there is a weird mistake on that.  The co-driver can't be adjusted, he stills singing the notes very late :/   
I don't know if there is a problem in my installation, but the graphics looks like it take a step back.
The dynamics of the car looks differente that you could expect no terrain conditions. Maybe you will updated, I know all this things will be pulished with time.
Also, the car seems to be very light, I don't know if it is normal that the car took that too much air :open_mouth: 

I need to congratulate all the team, you had do a VERY good work, that Force Feedback at the takesoff is BEAUTIFUL! Very nice stages too!
Keep on going team! The job is almost done.. THE BEST RALLY GAME EVER! THANK YOU!
Hi,

I had the following bug: Every time  I started Dirt, it crashed down after logging into my account right before showing the menu.
I say "had" because I solved it with deleting "drt.exe" and "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache” button via Steam.
Now I can crash my car into the woods every ten seconds - and I love it!

Archived