Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - Found a Flying Finland Bug? Post it here!

Dnote

Hi dear Codemaster. Thank you for bringing a truly epic game to us!!
I have a 5.1 sound setup at home, and i use a cut-in-half headphone directly connected to my amps front center output. That way, I get all the pace notes in my ear, and all the other sounds thru the other channels.
But with Finland, the pace notes comes from the front left and the front right channels? Why is that? The voice that does the cuntdown in Finland does however come from the center speaker?!
To be able to hear the notes in my headphones really adds another level to the game, and makes it so much easier to drive.
The other stages (contrys) still uses the front center channel, even after the update.

Even if a person don´t use a headphone, the sound of the co driver becomes so much better if the center channel is used.
Is this a bug? (Please tell me that it is) :)

Cheers from Sweden! (And sorry for my bad english)
I have been testing for stuttering this afternoon using the i7 4770K ( for which stuttering has been reported several times on and didn't see it apart from one specific case which was expected (maxing out the GPU ram with VSync enabled)

PC was running Windows 7 64bit, an Nvidia 670 with a Logitech G27 wheel with Logitech Profiler.

I moved from testing 0.7 to 0.8

There have been several reports of it disappearing when removing all controllers and using keyboard which might help to identify a common cause.

Any more information you can provide can help us try and reproduce it here.

If you are experiencing this stuttering observe Resource Monitor (located in the performance tab of task manager) while running the game in a window
and see if it matches any external activity to the game in either CPU or Disk)

Another useful tool is the Microsoft Process Monitor which I have used in the past to see what windows is doing and look for a pattern with stutter.

Its available here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896645

Thanks
Hmm, ok. I unplugged controllers and ran it with keyboard and the stuttering seemed to be gone so then I plugged everything back in and it still seems to be gone. At the moment it's running silky smooth, will keep an eye on it. The things I had plugged in were G27 and Orbweaver chroma stealth. If you just fixed my problem with something so simple I might have to make you my man-wife. Unless you're a woman I guess.. that would just be weird.

IMPORTANT FEEDBACK (v0.8):

- MANY THANKS for fixing the falling rain effect issue using SLI => RESPECT!

- mouse cursor is present from game launch to countdown, even though I use a wireless Xbox 360 controller at all times. It should not be visible once a controller is enabled, only when the mouse is being used.

- tire punctures are still too common. Please have a word with the tire company! Also, as soon as I get a puncture, the co-driver immediately knows and tells which tire got punctured, even when the crash is still going on. He should not be able to tell which tire got punctured that fast, if at all.

- Ford Focus: too much windscreen glare/white tint in cockpit view and makes everything look washed out, especially compared to the side windows (see picture 1). Driving the Ford Focus using cockpit view is almost impossible at certain sections of snowy/icy tracks of Monte Carlo.

- Ford Focus: digital speedometer looks like it is of a lower resolution quality and is somewhat blurry (see picture 1).

- Ford Focus: rev indicator light has a very bright glare depending on viewing angle (see picture 1). The red glow of this light also looks like it is somewhat out of place instead of centered when revs are high. 

- 2001 Subaru: FOV in cockpit view needs attention. It is too close to the steering wheel (see picture 1). The FOV slider in the preferences menu is great but applies to all cars, therefore in some cars the camera is either too close or too far away from the steering wheel.

- 2001 Subaru: heavily aliased shadows on the digital speedometer (see picture 2)

- Germany is too yellow and too dark, especially "Morning" and "Midday" tracks. It looks too colorful and unnatural. Please have a look at this.

- barely any rain drops on the windshield when driving at medium/high speeds on stages with rain (any country). Perhaps I got too spoiled with the rain drops in Forza Motorsport 6, but this could definitely be improved and I am sure that you guys have the expertise to do so!

PICTURE 1: http://abload.de/img/focus2nkqw.jpg

PICTURE 2: http://abload.de/img/subaruxwj4l.jpg

SPECS: i7-5960X, TITAN X SLI, 32GB, Windows 7 Pro x64 (all stock, no overclocks)

SETTINGS: Ultra preset, 8x MSAA, 1920x1080, 60FPS (no mods or graphics tweaks)

GusPerez said:
Really...?
The physical v2 = arcade + assistance.
Please reconsider.Jumps and behavior of physical v2 in Finland are not natural. The jumps are typical of the lunar admosfera, not the planet Earth.
Turn  back and rethink the physical again. Or will fail.

But yeah, in some stages, the notes are a bit ahead, even if they're set to normal. I also agree with @Mike555

@DeputyDiRT I found the culprit for my stuttering issue - it's my steering wheel (Logitech G27). I disconnected the wheel in game and the stutter was gone. After reconnecting it, the stuttering came back. Performance tab doesn't show any anomalies.
clown ...arcade player.
I noticed when recording the replay of the RX daily that the dude behind the wheel seems to be using the brake as a clutch. Pretty funny. :D

I noticed that too. Maybe only sound related. 

And yes that windscreen glare in the Focus makes it really hard to see the track sometimes.

I also tested the updated replay function and it happens once that the car stops at finish line.

What Ive done was: I rewinded to a position before the finish line and when klick on play the car only moves to the finish and get stuck so i had to rewind the complete stage to get to the start again.

That reminds me on how usefull a button is to restart the replay. 

I also had little fps drops in replay mode at Finland and my GPU usage is higher then it was normally at other content.

On the other side i run the benchmark and the result says that the performance has improved on this environment.

Current test:

<results samples="20285" min_fps="85.532066" max_fps="115.197510" av_fps="98.763206" min_fps_ms="11.691522" max_fps_ms="8.680743" av_fps_ms="10.125228"

Last test Sept. 2.

<results samples="17321" min_fps="70.626869" max_fps="115.320488" av_fps="84.338036" min_fps_ms="14.158917" max_fps_ms="8.671486" av_fps_ms="11.857046"
I'd just rather not have it at all, I've managed all these years without it and it just annoys me.  I can live with it in game as it disappears when the stage starts.  IMO it should do the same when the replays start.  Still can't understand why people want stuff like this when there's things like text chat missing for the PVP stuff
Hey guys, great update! But I have come across a few bugs:

- My controls are still not saving every time I quit the game, which I think is caused by having more than one controller type used at once (I have a seperate wheel, seperate pedals, and a joystick as a handbrake).
UPDATE: I appear to have fixed it by not changing the control for the "Pause" button - that seems to reset everything once you quit the game after rebinding it.
- The new Ford Focus has really strong glare in the dashboard cam, as mentioned previously by others.
- In one of the stages of Finland (I can't remember which) the co-driver forgets to mention the important "square right" corner, which always makes it a sudden surprise. Also, the co-driver volume needs to be louder for Finland overall. 

Apart from that, I'm really enjoying everything else like the updated handling. Thanks!

I have noticed two things that needs to be repaired in game. First thing is most noticable in finland stages, when using clutch+H engine stalls when pressing brake pedal too much of course but it wont start when releasing brake, even if you have 100kmh+ speed..... Its very annoying when jumping and stalling in air and when coming down to road car just stops. (real life car starts when wheels starts spinning when geared),

Second thing is those little signs next to road that makes whole car slow down when they stick to front bumber.... It feels like those are made from concrete or other heavy stuff..
Mike555 said:
I'd love to add a few words on the co-pilot as well. English version works properly altouh the notes are very... cowardly I'd say. My co-pilot very often warn me about "3" left or right, and it turns out I can drive almost flat out at 5th gear (Subaru 2001). Most of the Finnish stages suffers same problem. Maybe we can change the guy for someone who ain't so affraid of speed ;-)

And the second think isn't  bug, rather an observation: now we really need better damage system, as Finnish stages are too forgiving for careless drivers. It's easy too recover from the crash, and you really need to hit hard and often to seriously damage anything other than the wheels.

Cheers.
The pacenotes dont need to be the gear you have to do the corner, they are a lot of ways for pacenotes in real life, so if you want to blame the game inform you a bit, what would you do in 6th corners with a mini cooper s?
MDP3 said:
Hey guys, great update! But I have come across a few bugs:

- My controls are still not saving every time I quit the game, which I think is caused by having more than one controller type used at once (I have a seperate wheel, seperate pedals, and a joystick as a handbrake).
- The new Ford Focus has really strong glare in the dashboard cam, as mentioned previously by others.
- In one of the stages of Finland (I can't remember which) the co-driver forgets to mention the important "square right" corner, which always makes it a sudden surprise. Also, the co-driver volume needs to be louder for Finland overall. 

Apart from that, I'm really enjoying everything else like the updated handling. Thanks!

YES! It's Jyskyla or something. It starts with a Jy and has a Y near then end, and it ends with either jarvi or jyskla or something. I totally agree. I got the square right to be said only once, and all the other times I'd overshoot, handbrake and ram into the sign at the end. This needs fixing.

Also, I restate, isnt the Focus too top heavy?
Mike555 said:
I'd love to add a few words on the co-pilot as well. English version works properly altouh the notes are very... cowardly I'd say. My co-pilot very often warn me about "3" left or right, and it turns out I can drive almost flat out at 5th gear (Subaru 2001). Most of the Finnish stages suffers same problem. Maybe we can change the guy for someone who ain't so affraid of speed ;-)

And the second think isn't  bug, rather an observation: now we really need better damage system, as Finnish stages are too forgiving for careless drivers. It's easy too recover from the crash, and you really need to hit hard and often to seriously damage anything other than the wheels.

Cheers.
The pacenotes dont need to be the gear you have to do the corner, they are a lot of ways for pacenotes in real life, so if you want to blame the game inform you a bit, what would you do in 6th corners with a mini cooper s?
But even then they should be consistend, i drive through a 3 perfectly, 1km later i attempt another 3 with the same speed and crash into the trees becaus i was way to fast. Often the pacenotes are unpredictable, like co-driver rolled a dice and write the numbers down randomly

Archived