Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - Found a Flying Finland Bug? Post it here!

Dnote

Mike555 said:
I'd love to add a few words on the co-pilot as well. English version works properly altouh the notes are very... cowardly I'd say. My co-pilot very often warn me about "3" left or right, and it turns out I can drive almost flat out at 5th gear (Subaru 2001). Most of the Finnish stages suffers same problem. Maybe we can change the guy for someone who ain't so affraid of speed ;-)

And the second think isn't  bug, rather an observation: now we really need better damage system, as Finnish stages are too forgiving for careless drivers. It's easy too recover from the crash, and you really need to hit hard and often to seriously damage anything other than the wheels.

Cheers.
The pacenotes dont need to be the gear you have to do the corner, they are a lot of ways for pacenotes in real life, so if you want to blame the game inform you a bit, what would you do in 6th corners with a mini cooper s?
Oh, but I'm well aware of that. Let's agree it's just a difficulty level, with "3" being sort od medium/medium minus corner. Wouldn't you afree in that case, that medium/medium minus corner shouldn't be possible to take on flat out 5th gear? It's just that. It happened to me quite a lot on Finland stages, that I was preparing for less difficult corner that the note suggested. 
YES! It's Jyskyla or something. It starts with a Jy and has a Y near then end, and it ends with either jarvi or jyskla or something. I totally agree. I got the square right to be said only once, and all the other times I'd overshoot, handbrake and ram into the sign at the end. This needs fixing.
Jyrmysjärvi. Caught me out as well. It's the corner that has the grandstand on it.

Missed notes happen in other rallies as well so it might be a wider issue with the way pace notes are played.
Even if texture modding is far to be a feature of the game, I find quite disappointing that the mapping on the window of the new Impreza WRC01 has been mirrored. The consequence is that it's impossible to put names and flags. I wouldn't ask if this was incredibly easy to fix.
I hope you consider it.
Thanks.
ele3esko said:
I have noticed two things that needs to be repaired in game. First thing is most noticable in finland stages, when using clutch+H engine stalls when pressing brake pedal too much of course but it wont start when releasing brake, even if you have 100kmh+ speed..... Its very annoying when jumping and stalling in air and when coming down to road car just stops. (real life car starts when wheels starts spinning when geared),

Second thing is those little signs next to road that makes whole car slow down when they stick to front bumber.... It feels like those are made from concrete or other heavy stuff..

(More bugs) I also noticed that with H-pattern if you recover your car back to the road with button, Gear goes automatically to 1 even if you have other gears at shifter.
First update with such a pain. Please developers, stop this kind of  'mouse support' now!
It's total Useless. No one can go forward in the menu with a left click, you still have to use keyboard or console or steering wheel's button -this is not a help!
Also annoying that the mouse cursor is still visible on every stage and you have to use that mouse to move that cusersor off the screen.  What a pain? No one tested it before you released?

Another big problem is that the replay sometimes stuck on in the start line. I found that the replay when goes over the end, it always stuck on the first second and you can't move on, the car just revs its engine. Until this 0.8 update this problem has never occured. Please fix it.
mesa said:
Another big problem is that the replay sometimes stuck on in the start line. I found that the replay when goes over the end, it always stuck on the first second and you can't move on, the car just revs its engine. Until this 0.8 update this problem has never occured. Please fix it.
I've noticed this as well.
Hi, not a bug as such, but a missed co-driver call. On the Jyrkysjarvi stage a 90 right call is missed. Not far into the stage just passed a big red board the call is 5 right, but immediately before that is a 90 right. ( Not called)  It's also missed on another stage that uses that 90 right. 
When the same stage is used in reverse the 90 left is called. Not a big problem when you know about it, but could cause a few to go a bit agricultural who don't. 
Mike555 said:
Mike555 said:
I'd love to add a few words on the co-pilot as well. English version works properly altouh the notes are very... cowardly I'd say. My co-pilot very often warn me about "3" left or right, and it turns out I can drive almost flat out at 5th gear (Subaru 2001). Most of the Finnish stages suffers same problem. Maybe we can change the guy for someone who ain't so affraid of speed ;-)

And the second think isn't  bug, rather an observation: now we really need better damage system, as Finnish stages are too forgiving for careless drivers. It's easy too recover from the crash, and you really need to hit hard and often to seriously damage anything other than the wheels.

Cheers.
The pacenotes dont need to be the gear you have to do the corner, they are a lot of ways for pacenotes in real life, so if you want to blame the game inform you a bit, what would you do in 6th corners with a mini cooper s?
Oh, but I'm well aware of that. Let's agree it's just a difficulty level, with "3" being sort od medium/medium minus corner. Wouldn't you afree in that case, that medium/medium minus corner shouldn't be possible to take on flat out 5th gear? It's just that. It happened to me quite a lot on Finland stages, that I was preparing for less difficult corner that the note suggested. 
It's corner severity, not difficulty. When driving slow and you take the corner by just turning the wheel a little, it's a 6. A bit more, and it's a 5. About 45 degrees is 1, I think. So you could have a 6 corner with bad conditions that you take slowly on 3rd gear, and likewise a 3 corner on a wide road with good conditions that you can take flat out in 5th. What mostly kills me in finland is when you don't get that "care" note when a 3 that really is a difficult 3 comes up after four 3:s in a row taken flat out.
Dytut said:
Mike555 said:
Mike555 said:

Cheers.
It's corner severity, not difficulty. When driving slow and you take the corner by just turning the wheel a little, it's a 6. A bit more, and it's a 5. About 45 degrees is 1, I think. So you could have a 6 corner with bad conditions that you take slowly on 3rd gear, and likewise a 3 corner on a wide road with good conditions that you can take flat out in 5th. What mostly kills me in finland is when you don't get that "care" note when a 3 that really is a difficult 3 comes up after four 3:s in a row taken flat out.
That seems to make sense, but when you look a little bit more into the matter, then it doesn't. What your pilot is saying should be difficulty level, not an angle of the corner, cause as you pointed out, angle doesn't always tell the truth about the corner. And what use is for me pure knowledge about corner angle? Almost none. I need to know some sort of difficulty, so I can adjust speed. That's why there is so much important information as "tightens", "opens" and so on, so you can prepare for what's coming. Thats also why some co-pilots use extra information as "plus" or "minus" which is supposed to tell you how muc hthrottle should you apply.
Mike555 said:
Dytut said:
Mike555 said:
Mike555 said:

Cheers.
That seems to make sense, but when you look a little bit more into the matter, then it doesn't. What your pilot is saying should be difficulty level, not an angle of the corner, cause as you pointed out, angle doesn't always tell the truth about the corner. And what use is for me pure knowledge about corner angle? Almost none. I need to know some sort of difficulty, so I can adjust speed. That's why there is so much important information as "tightens", "opens" and so on, so you can prepare for what's coming. Thats also why some co-pilots use extra information as "plus" or "minus" which is supposed to tell you how muc hthrottle should you apply.
Every driver and co-pilot has their own quirks, but the dirt rally system is quite neutral and easy to understand and does not rely on your driving style. If I remember correctly, Richard Burns used gears instead of severity (a 5+ was fifth gear with power, 4- was fourth gear and little power). Thing is, that system only works when you fit it to a particular car/driver style. Dirts system works quite well, except that there should be some more "careful" notes at times. If there's a hidden left 2 behind this crest I really REALLY want to know about it before I'm flying past it.
Well, after testing the V2 cars some more finally I get used to them.
Yet I miss the previous gravity feeling. The actual one is a bit weak... I dont know how to explain... it let you fly too long, overly.

Maybe the mix of V1 and v2 is the real deal for me, coz I love how the car slides now on tarmac, much more predictable and progressive (but still hard enough in grip matter).
If you ask to me, the actual Gr.A physics are superb (FFB is always improvable)

And to finish, as other spanish players commented, the co-driver pacenotes are totally broken.
Its impossible to drive that way. The on screen indicators are seems OK.

My hopes on this DR are still high. I feel lot of curiosity of seeing how this ends.
KevM said:
1 to 6 in co-driving is very rarely relating to the gear you should be in, in any game or rally car.  
Yes that´s right, but it should be consistent. If i drive a stage every corner with a 3 should be as fast as every other corner with a 3 and so on, that´s often not the case in Dirt. Sometimes there are 2 corners after each other, both called a 4 but the second one is much slower and more like a 2 or 3.
KevM said:
1 to 6 in co-driving is very rarely relating to the gear you should be in, in any game or rally car.  
It's been Colin McRae's real-life notes since... idk, forever? Also in his games since CMR2.0 up to Dirt 3 as I recall it. I vaguely remember Petter using a similar system with Mr. Mills. ;)
KevM said:
It's been Colin McRae's real-life notes since... idk, forever? Also in his games since CMR2.0 up to Dirt 3 as I recall it. I vaguely remember Petter using a similar system with Mr. Mills. ;)
Its been nearly everyones Notes (including the ones we used) since like, forever, but still has nothing to do with gears....

By 'us', I mean me and the guy driving the car beside me....

https://flic.kr/p/zbJZSp

Even the Dirt guys have compiled a graphical representation

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Dirt-Rally-Dev-Explains-How-Co-Drivers-Enhance-Driving-Authenticity-480030-3.jpg

Mike555 said:
  http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/04/co-driver-calls-explained/

Yes, in Dirt Rally it doesn't have much to do with the gears, but in all the earlier titles it was. It was well known that Colin wanted gear number notes because of their simplicity. It's in an interview on Youtube somewhere. :P

Thats correct, but even his werent as black and white as that!  Generally, 'gears' only related to corners that involved him slowing down.  For example, Nicky could call a 2 right minus to 6 left, but Colin wasn't pulling 6th cog straight out of the slow 2nd gear corner, he just knew to go balls-out again! :)
Little "bug" not really related to flying finland... but as it is in the game for quite some time now (I think Martakus2 has stated somewhere before) I would like to point at it again:

the german translation for "championship" ("Meisterschaft") has gotten mixed up a little, as you can see in the picture below

Hi all!
So I just have one question... I have completed the Masters Championship including Germany, Monte Carlo, Rally GB, and Greece and I've won. Now after the Finland update I continued with Finland in masters and won there too... but I now have to continue with Monte Carlo and so on because my points in the championship are only 25 and it disregarded all my previous wins. My question is, Why do have to redo the masters championship all over again? If this has been addressed anywhere before please link me.

That's me btw: https://youtu.be/5p-npAkRmlU

Archived