Jump to content Jump to content

DiRT Rally - Found a Flying Finland Bug? Post it here!

Dnote

Danijuia said:
The co-driver in spanish now is worst than the other ..... look for a good co-driver please. 

in italian too, other voice (lazyidiot-like)  and totally notsinchronised with the stage.    it's impossible to get very good times  on finland with the fu**ing new codriver :D
OzoreXS said:
GusPerez said:
griev0r said:
Do the pacenotes for Finland sound quieter for anyone else?  I have never had a problem on any other event but Finland I'm always straining to pick up what he said cause the engine drowns him out, needless to say it's caused me to crash a lot.  All my audio sliders are default and it's only Finland where I'm having this issue. 
Yes, I also happens prefer notes like other rallies .. Greece, Wales ..etc
I guess you are listening spanish notes... that are totally broken at this moment.
Absolutely not! It is the case with english as well @ here
Same with german pacenotes, also they changed the person who have spoken the text for the new stage and he´s worse than the one before. Also i crash a lot when driving stages for the first or second time if i try to trust the co-driver regardless of how i set the language (german or english). They are a bit broken because overall they are very inconsistent, some calls lack importent informations, some calls are completly missing, and a few are even in the wrong direction. Mostly easy to fix and recognized when first driving the stage, but 3 updates later still wrong, I can´t understand that.
Same with german pacenotes, also they changed the person who have spoken the text for the new stage and he´s worse than the one before. Also i crash a lot when driving stages for the first or second time if i try to trust the co-driver regardless of how i set the language (german or english). They are a bit broken because overall they are very inconsistent, some calls lack importent informations, some calls are completly missing, and a few are even in the wrong direction. Mostly easy to fix and recognized when first driving the stage, but 3 updates later still wrong, I can´t understand that.

stessa cosa per il copilota italiano.
sempre peggio

ele3esko said:
I have noticed two things that needs to be repaired in game. First thing is most noticable in finland stages, when using clutch+H engine stalls when pressing brake pedal too much of course but it wont start when releasing brake, even if you have 100kmh+ speed..... Its very annoying when jumping and stalling in air and when coming down to road car just stops. (real life car starts when wheels starts spinning when geared),
Hello ele3esko , Can you please post a video of this as I have not been able to reproduce it.

Thanks
Found a rather small visual bug with the Focus. The upper side parts of the rear bumper get less muddy than everything else, or rather they get muddy slower. So you have a mud at the bottom, then less of it at the top and then more of it on the bootlid. Looks kind of strange.

In the Finland maps, the German codriver is WAY too early with his calls. He almost always is 2-3 curves ahead (on curves 100s of meters away, not only on close follow up corners). This makes relying on him impossible. Setting the announce timing to very late whenever a finland map appears seems like a bad workaround, since the other stages have perfect timing.

The codriver calls for the other stages are very on spot and make me drive unknown roads just fine. Perfect.

Also on a sidenote, the new Finland codriver has less volume and a "radio" effect, while the other stages have a louder and clear announcer. I guess the radio filter is for realism, but tuning him up a bit would be good. The timing is a bigger problem, though, and should be looked into please.
Theres a chicane apex in Monte that does the same, put a wheel wrong and its over!!  Yet, I have been 30 feet off the road, beached on rocks at the roadside in Finland, and no one came to reset me :(
This is not Finland-specific, but...

I don't want to sound too annoying with all the small(ish) texture fixes I'm reporting, but I found that the Delta Integrale gravel tire wall looks like a snow tire wall, because it's just flat without the embossed pattern of circles around the outer portion of the wall.

Speaking of tires, I also found that some cars didn't show the wet tarmac tire wall texture into the game (when it's raining of course), and just show the regular tarmac wall. If I remember correctly should be the Impreza 555 (or WRC01). Honestly I didn't test every other car on this issue.
I found a bug in the Spanish version. Before the stage starts, the codriver says the countdown as usually, but once I've started, he says the countdown again while I'm already driving, and the notes are completly out of sync. I've played in two different stages so I guess it happens in all of them. Other "problem" is that the voice of the codriver when the countdown is the same as ever, but then it is another one. 

same for  italian codriver.      finland is undrivable for me!!!    :#

pupazzo said:
In special stage Pitkajarvi, the italian co-driver's note are completly wrong, to start to finish.
This also happens for Jarvenkyla.

And please, record the old co-driver also for Finland. The new one speaks in a way that irritates, and it's not really clear.
Not that the old co-driver is adrenalinic or enthusiastic about his job, but he's definitely better than this...

About the mouse support, please allow us to select the icons on the top of the menu.
for me all the italian pecenotes in finland are completely messed up.       totally unsynchro and like you said, with another irritating voice.

give us the old italian codriver back!!!         

sorry if i'm spamming but there are not so much italian users comlaining about this
I don't know if this has been reported yet.
in the French co driver speech, there is a translation mistake : "dip" has been translated by "descente" whereas it should have been "creux".
nothing really serious, but it would make this game even better.
regards
JC
I hit the bush of death this evening on Kakiristo (Masters Championship - Impreza) which left me at 90deg to the junction.  I reversed a few feet to turn onto stage again, and went out of bounds in the middle of the road!  15 sec penalty - oh yeah!!
HansZwai said:
In the Finland maps, the German codriver is WAY too early with his calls. He almost always is 2-3 curves ahead (on curves 100s of meters away, not only on close follow up corners). This makes relying on him impossible. Setting the announce timing to very late whenever a finland map appears seems like a bad workaround, since the other stages have perfect timing.
+1

English co-driver also too early. Despite setting "Co-driver = LATE".
But I found the problem only on some tracks.

Yes, note spacing is inconsistent, OK on 'normal' call-out for 95% of the corners but too late on the very-ins etc.  Why @KickUp  doesn't precede the call with 'Double caution - blah blah - Keep in', astounds me.  You could be on the brakes before he'd finished the call!  Iv never heard of the keep very in before.... & by the time it's called, you are wayyyy beyond your latest braking point.

Archived