Jump to content Jump to content

AI too aggressive in the rain. it's unrealistic

• In wet conditions in the narrow Baku track AI approaches the race the same way they do on dry in Monza. The player has to worry about the wet surface and narrow track being cautions at all times when AI seems to just disregard it (it should be a factor on the way they drive). They just fly over you, try to overtake in places no real driver would. AI go for gaps that aren't there it's a mess. AI should be cautious just like the player has to be, it definitely feels like AI don't care about crashing and DNF which makes the situation super unrealistic. In such conditions the player has to be gentle on throttle to avoid losing control or spinning when AI don't get affected at all they just go full throttle and nothing happens.
  • Report Code: CTBA-HSHT-DGXG-KTHE
  • PC
  • Career Mode
  • To replicate the problem just try Baku in the rain
  • In wet conditions in the narrow Baku track AI approaches the race the same way they do on dry in Monza. The player has to worry about the wet surface and narrow track being cautions at all times when AI seems to just disregard it (it should be a factor on the way they drive). They just fly over you, try to overtake in places no real driver would. AI go for gaps that aren't there it's a mess. AI should be cautious just like the player has to be, it definitely feels like AI don't care about crashing and DNF which makes the situation super unrealistic. In such conditions the player has to be gentle on throttle to avoid losing control or spinning when AI don't get affected at all they just go full throttle and nothing happens.
  • PC
  • Career Mode
45 minutes ago, onxnaap said:
  • PC
  • Career Mode

Same here in MyTeam and Co-Op Career aswell.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

The point is it seems like AI cars don't react to weather/track the way player's car do. So in high speed corners in the rain they can go full throttle when players have to manage to avoid spinning/crashes... So that's probably why they feel like they can overtake you at any point in the track not considering the track they driving on and the weather, I know AI's pace goes down at some level when driving in the rain but it's nothing close to what players have to do. In tracks like Monaco/Baku you shouldn't see crazy overtakes specially in the rain, real drivers are more careful in those conditions.

Edited by onxnaap

You got a point, whoever don't like it should be able to customize it indeed. But I don't mind the rain tho, to be honest it makes the game more realistic overall. To me realism is everything and at this point it don't really feel realistic in the rain due to AI advantage over players, and aggressiveness, seemingly they are completely unaware of weather and track conditions.

The ai in the rain are just plain garbage in this game . Can't overtake each other at all and like op says not effected by track conditions . The one thing I hate about this game there are other issues but irl wet/ mixed weather races are usually great varied etc   Not in this they are terrible . I just sim wet races absolutely no point in racing when they are literally incapable of overtaking each other ... 

Edited by Naxlr
  • Thanks 1

I feel like if they work on it and put the necessary improvements into the game, wet races would be fun. But again for people that don't like they should be able to just disable it in any game mode they playing. 

Personally I would never touch a option to disable dynamic weather in career mode normally as it fun or should be . But the absolute embarrassing state of the wet weather ai in this game I would glad fully use that feature. Either they lazy and just can't be bothered to put any effort in to the coding of wet weather behavior . Or they ain't got the ability to so we just get absolute basic as it gets coding . They will drive the track but can't pass at alllllll . Yes let me disable this garbage in career mode ......