Jump to content Jump to content

Autumn?

gheeD

Codies pls... Why? NORF is during the greenest time of finnish summer, and the colour pallette doesnt reflect that. Finland looks really bland and depressing now, not at all what it should be like. Really disappointed at this graphical style for otherwise awesome location. 

I just hope my home country would be represented at its best, when NORF in reality drives here. Not this depressing autumn colours.
I like it honestly. It changes things up compared to every other game where the finnish rally is in the middle of summer. 

But I do recall codemasters saying that their reasearch trip to finland was in Autumn last year and that the rally would reflect that.
Bullshit. It isn't what Finland Rally is. It isn't this boring ass lame autumn colours which ruin the whole atmosphere of the event. If the event was held in conditions like these IRL, might aswell cancel the whole event and do 2 rallies in UK instead.

FFS!
Sorry mate, but this isn't the offical WRC game so technically it's not based on NORF, it's just the Ouninpojha stage they've used.
Yet another non-sensical post defending the developers by saying it isn't "licensed". 

Also it's funny how Wales and Finland look quite different IRL.

GG forums, yet to see a proper reply here.
Makikou said:
I like it honestly. It changes things up compared to every other game where the finnish rally is in the middle of summer. 

But I do recall codemasters saying that their reasearch trip to finland was in Autumn last year and that the rally would reflect that.
Bullshit. It isn't what Finland Rally is. It isn't this boring ass lame autumn colours which ruin the whole atmosphere of the event. If the event was held in conditions like these IRL, might aswell cancel the whole event and do 2 rallies in UK instead.

FFS!
Don't talk such rubbish.Makikou said:
Sorry mate, but this isn't the offical WRC game so technically it's not based on NORF, it's just the Ouninpojha stage they've used.
Yet another non-sensical post defending the developers by saying it isn't "licensed". 

How is it non-sensical? Why does it have to be based on the same time of year as NORF? They could've chosen this stage and then decided to cover it in snow.

Makikou said:

FFS!
Don't talk such rubbish.Makikou said:

How is it non-sensical? Why does it have to be based on the same time of year as NORF? They could've chosen this stage and then decided to cover it in snow.

I bet they jost got lazy and went with old assets from DiRT 3...

Seriously tho, why couldn't it be same time of year as NORF, all other rallies are on their correct seasons?
Leave then, if you're not willing to accept things that aren't WRC. Rallying is about more than that.

@rallycameraman is right, the Ouninpohja stage is there all year round, it doesn't exist for only one day in summer. Personally I'm a big fan of them differentiating it a bit and making their own calendar. Whilst we're at it, I'd love to see other variants if it were possible; give me Monte Carlo in summer and icy roads in Germany and I'll thoroughly enjoy myself, even if it's not when the WRC rounds roll through town.

Seriously, if you want to pose a question or have a discussion is a reasonable manner let's do so, but swearing and saying others are wrong for thinking differently just undermines any argument you may have.

Leave then, if you're not willing to accept things that aren't WRC. Rallying is about more than that.

@rallycameraman is right, the Ouninpohja stage is there all year round, it doesn't exist for only one day in summer. Personally I'm a big fan of them differentiating it a bit and making their own calendar. Whilst we're at it, I'd love to see other variants if it were possible; give me Monte Carlo in summer and icy roads in Germany and I'll thoroughly enjoy myself, even if it's not when the WRC rounds roll through town.

Seriously, if you want to pose a question or have a discussion is a reasonable manner let's do so, but swearing and saying others are wrong for thinking differently just undermines any argument you may have.
Germany in the snow and ice would be mega!
Wow, for the amount of work put into this and how much opportunity for enjoyment it offers, there are some really rude, ungrateful people in here.

Jeez, it used to be held in September and not that long ago was at the end of August rather than the start. Also, no-one is forcing you to use it (with new Custom Championships), so just don't if you don't want to.

Well let's just change the Wales rally to Snow only, and while we are at it, monte only at summer, remove all snow stages currently existing. 

All this is in reality: Codies ran out of time and yet again decided to not strive for perfection, but getting things somehow done and pushing it out the door. Probably some copy + paste from DiRT 3 finland stages to get this ready for the release and oops, suddenly Finland looks like Wales with the correct colours to boot. Come fucking on.

Not to say it's still all the same with cars, ffb etc. 
Makikou trolls too hard.

But seriously, its pretty sad that we waited for legendary Rally Finland and now it's kind of the same but still totally different feeling because of autumn.

It's not huge deal alone, but with all of the things Codies have done only somewhat correct (PvP RX lacking proper formats, handlings etc.) I'm starting to fear for this game.
They have used the location, not the WRC event. I'm sure the stage is used in other rallies at other times of the year. I've competed in stages formally used on Wales rally gb, and that was in the middle of summer! We didn't get upset because it wasn't the right time of year! 
RallyDriven said:
They have used the location, not the WRC event. I'm sure the stage is used in other rallies at other times of the year. I've competed in stages formally used on Wales rally gb, and that was in the middle of summer! We didn't get upset because it wasn't the right time of year! 
What, the legendary Ouninpohja? No. Its reserved for the 1000 lakes rally known as Neste Oil Rally Finland
gheeD said:
RallyDriven said:
What, the legendary Ouninpohja? No. Its reserved for the 1000 lakes rally known as Neste Oil Rally Finland
So what? This isn't the NORF rally or WRC game.
I would understand the finns' concern if it was the actual, full event with all stages included. But as it is right now, it's just Ouninpohja divided into two long stages... with backwards and sprint layouts. When they release Sweden, I wouldn't really care if it was set during the summer time instead of winter - it wouldn't make it less enjoyable - but that's just me I guess.

Just enjoy these glorious roads guys. :) I'm sure some modder will release a mod that replaces all the yellow leaves with green ones in the near future.
It's never used in national rallies at other points in the year? And even so, it's really only the colour of some leaves on the trees, it doesn't affect the way you drive the stage at all
No, Finland got so much road of same type that it is not needed, + the people living along ouninpohja are not happy about the rally.

gheeD said:
RallyDriven said:
So what? This isn't the NORF rally or WRC game.
Once again Dirt Rally has great potential with its content but falls short of meeting my expectations. Im a huge rally fan, and as a Finn my expectations for a modern rally game were to have a epic ouninpohja like it is in real world. Watching the onboards, actually having been to the rally myself I had high hopes for Flying Finland update, but it fell a bit flat (pardon the pun). The stages drive great, lots of fun and best addition to dirt so far. I was just disappointed at the graphical depiction, looks like they took a shortcut once again with the update and I'm getting pretty annoyed at how codies fail to meet my expectations with what they announce. 

The whole game has amazing potential, and its already lots of fun which shows in my playtime of it already. But pretty much every part of the game is lacking something, not quite working like you would expect a modern game to work or lacking some features or depth. This all culminated with the update, whilst I'm grateful for awesome rally stages once again it just didnt quite meet my expectations, and I was left with disappointment that codies couldve done it perfectly without much work but chose that this is "good enough". Thats what it feels like. 

Archived