Jump to content Jump to content

Autumn?

gheeD

Wow, what a "storm in a glass of water" as we say in Finland. I for one am very happy for the autumn setting! It looks very nice indeed and reminds of the times the rally was ran more in the autumn. In any case the stage is sort of an romanticized version of reality, with the added jumps and all. And the placement of spectators and marshals too point to a time gone, not the very recent years...

The only thing I personally don't like is the grandstands structure in the Mutanen junction, way out of place there imo. But that's very minor and only troubles because I have such a good memories from spectating in that place.

But all in all the experience of driving the stage (especially with the Rift) is such an experience as it is that I'm all hats off to codies!
xkevlarx said:
Night races in summer time wouldn't make much sense, since nights look like days here in the summer. Now we have nice realistic dark autumn night runs in Finland. That alone justifies the autumn theme imo.
Otherwise good point but in beginning of august when the rally is held sun sets at 10 pm and there is quite a few hours of  darkness in the night.

Archived