Jump to content Jump to content

AI not developing

I'm in the middle of season 2 with all options set to increased in an attempt to see the difference to default. At this point AI development has almost completely stopped and I am flying past them in the R and D chart. 

Mercedes is sitting at just over 700 points on the chart and 5 other teams are just behind them but no one has moved more than 50 points the whole season except for myself. 

I have now stopped upgrading my facilities to stop from being over dominant. I have over $30 million saved and no reason to spend at this point.

Something seems broken.

36 minutes ago, Cook95 said:

I'm in the middle of season 2 with all options set to increased in an attempt to see the difference to default. At this point AI development has almost completely stopped and I am flying past them in the R and D chart. 

Mercedes is sitting at just over 700 points on the chart and 5 other teams are just behind them but no one has moved more than 50 points the whole season except for myself. 

I have now stopped upgrading my facilities to stop from being over dominant. I have over $30 million saved and no reason to spend at this point.

Something seems broken.

What's you career setting? Have you tried to increase their R&D, team acclaim and income rate of generation (but not driver acclaim because it'll make them too expensive for the teams to afford)? I haven't gotten far enough into the career yet so I wanted to know the result too. 

EDIT: I'm too drunk to read, oops

Edited by DRTApophis

Well in my second season of co-op career i had set decreased for us and default for AI and had to put AI in reduced too because they were developing so many upgrades that my ferrari was almost caught by alpha tauri and alpine.

Even with everyone in decreased they still have a good pace developing but I can get along with them. They dont seem to stop to much.