Sign in to follow this  

No blurred cockpit mod with WORKING mirrors (PC) (Codemasters please fix this !!!!)

KazzyMac said:
Avenga76 said:
I know my setup is very different to most peoples but I actually like the new zoomed in cockpit view. It is about the perfect FOV for my rig. Before I would have to spend ages editting camera XML files. Now I just put it in zoomed cockpit and she is all good.

I am not worried about the in-game gauges not working because I use external gauges anyway.

This is my view with in the Formula C

That's gotta be the most hardcore setup I've ever seen. Wish I had the space for that! (and the eyesight, I'd need at least 32" screens for that setup because my eyesight's so sucky.)
same here I don't think I have the greatest hearing, eyesight or reaction times either that's another reason why I tend to stay on the llower levels

Impressive rig Avenga76 :)

Regarding the FOV, you can adjust the triple screen FOV settings for all cars at he same time by editing the eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml in the E:\GRID Autosport\cars\generics folder

I will also be using external gauges for grid autosport too:

I like the zoomed in cockpit view too for the formula cars, but for all other cars it's too much zoomed in for my screen size (triple 46" 55"46") 

On my triple screen setup the dashboardcam makes the car look bigger than it is in real life. 

You have a kick ass rig yourself.

Thanks for the tip about the eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml  I will have a play round with it. I am used to editing the camera files in DiRT 3 and F1 so it is good that they have added something for triple screens.

I just had a look at that file and it is so much easier than other codies games. I will do some playing around with that.

HoiHman said:
Don't think that the engine has reached it's limit, why else release a high texture pack?

The hi-res texture pack doesn't add any extra polygons to any models, so the extra processing overhead is fairly minimal for a modern graphics card. A detailed cockpit would add a lot more polygons, and working dials and mirrors require a not insignificant amount of extra processing time, which is why even in (last-gen) games where they work the mirror images are usually not very detailed and don't update at the full game frame rate.

HoiHman said:
Don't think that the engine has reached it's limit, why else release a high texture pack?

The hi-res texture pack doesn't add any extra polygons to any models, so the extra processing overhead is fairly minimal for a modern graphics card. A detailed cockpit would add a lot more polygons, and working dials and mirrors require a not insignificant amount of extra processing time, which is why even in (last-gen) games where they work the mirror images are usually not very detailed and don't update at the full game frame rate.
exactly what I was thinking

Avenga76 said:

Nice setup.  I use a much simpler setup using an Obutto cockpit.  One thing you can do to make it even better is tidy up your wires using zip ties.  It'll give it that pro finished look.

This would be nice to have as an option rather than a mod... but would be really nice if there could be working mirrors.

JackKey said:
".... but when I drive in reality with a car very fast, my cockpit doesn't get blurred...." .

Well mine does after 6 pints of Stella !

Clearly this helps keep up the frmae rate on consoles, and given the low proportion of profits from the PC versions, they couldn't be bothered to create detailed interiors just for PC versions.

Sad, but inescapable fact of developing for the old consoles.

Having said that, they managed it for F1 and Dirt 2 and 3 - all are on the consoles at 30FPS but easily 60 fps on an old PC... and all have great visuals and cockpits views to die for on a good PC !!!

So, come to think of it.... I think they've side-seppe dit order to get it out quickly while peeps still have old consoles !

HoiHman said:

Can put that theory to bed. Min framerate I have with an R9 290 OC on an Intel 3930K @ 4.25GHz with 16GB of RAM running off a standard HD is around 180FPS. Peak was around 250FPS. The engine is optimised for tech so old that it was cool when people still watched Friends.

Having more polygons in the cockpit for the PC version wouldn't do jack to the framerate. Having better textures and reflections for the mirrors wouldn't do jack. It's kinda confusing that it's the way it is currently. Hopefully we can get a more definitive explanation from @Loore at some point.

Kaerar said:
Having more polygons in the cockpit for the PC version wouldn't do jack to the framerate.
You're right, for PC it probably wouldn't. But they're using the same codebase and models on all three platforms, and they're not going to start making any more PC-specific changes than they have to for a game they were clearly trying to get out the door as quickly as possible before moving onto next gen.

However well it runs on your rig, the guys at VVV said in a video recently that it ran at about 50-60fps on the machine they were playing it on, compared to 90 or so for Grid 2. So CM are certainly pushing things a bit more with GAS.

HoiHman said:

Regarding the FOV, you can adjust the triple screen FOV settings for all cars at he same time by editing the eyefinity_cameras_adjustments.xml in the E:\GRID Autosport\cars\generics folder

I like the zoomed in cockpit view too for the formula cars, but for all other cars it's too much zoomed in for my screen size (triple 46" 55"46") 

On my triple screen setup the dashboardcam makes the car look bigger than it is in real life. 

Those screens are huge! Would be the perfect setup for me if I had the space for something like that!

CM, please, give us any info on that, any commentary?...
We want to know at least if there are any plans of improving it. That's just unacceptable that way...

And all theories on how it's not possible and design choice for Autosport is pure BS, sorry but that's true. Game in 2008 had everything Autosport has and interior was perfectly detailed. Graphics didn't make huge step foward so few more textures and reflections cannot be downfall at this rate.

Please, any comment on this is appreciated, I want to enjoy this game very much, but without this feature properly done I simply can't...

KazzyMac said:
HoiHman said:

Those screens are huge! Would be the perfect setup for me if I had the space for something like that!
For left to right a little over 100"

Funny you mentioned the space issue. :) I always thought i didn't have space, but i found a way. It's a temporary setup, which takes me about 10 minutes to setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxw7luCmN_I

Ha, I thought it was a bug, looks like something from PS1 era. But I guess it's better than nothing for those that want it.

HoiHman said:
For left to right a little over 100"

Funny you mentioned the space issue. :) I always thought i didn't have space, but i found a way. It's a temporary setup, which takes me about 10 minutes to setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxw7luCmN_I

That is awesome. I have my rig on furniture sliders so I can convert from office to racing in about 5 minutes.

I also have an 8 Butt kicker Sim Vibe setup and a GS-4 motion seat.

This is another view of my rig. You can see the sliders and transducers.

Avenga76 really love the GS4 seat :)

I have thought about getting the GS4, but their is no way i can fit in my office (too bad)
Simvibe rocks. I assume you already have it working too in Grid Autosport?

Are you planning getting the new Fanatec stuff too ? : The CSHB and the Universal Hub

Yup. I have the GS-4 and Simvibe running on day 1 using the F1 2013 plugin.

The official Grid Auto Sport plugin is out now so I have switched to that. It works well, not as many effects as rFactor or iracing but it has all the standard codemasters effects.

I am slowly replacing all my Fanatec stuff (I know, they are only like 6 months old). I have some DSD Wilwood pedals on their way and then I am waiting to get the Simxperience Accuforce wheel when it comes out.

I don't think the GS-4 seat takes up much more room that a standard seat. it is well worth it, once you get it tuned in then the effects are unreal. I am adding a DIY 2 DOF motion setup to my rig so with 2 DOF motion + GS-4 + Simvibe it is going to be pretty awesome.

Well Berney added Grid Autosport pretty fast, i just emailed him yesterday that everything is working as it should (he didn't know yet)

Looks like you're expanding your already awesome rig to a ultimate one ^:)^ ^:)^

As far as i believe the back of the GS-4 seat is not adjustable. I need to be able to tilt it forwards, because sometimes people have to pass behind me and there is only 2" room. 

Avenga76 said:
I know my setup is very different to most peoples but I actually like the new zoomed in cockpit view. It is about the perfect FOV for my rig. Before I would have to spend ages editting camera XML files. Now I just put it in zoomed cockpit and she is all good.

I am not worried about the in-game gauges not working because I use external gauges anyway.

So I can safely assume you don't go for racing games in a big way.:D Just kidding, it looks expensive.

KazzyMac said:
Avenga76 said:

That's gotta be the most hardcore setup I've ever seen. Wish I had the space for that! (and the eyesight, I'd need at least 32" screens for that setup because my eyesight's so sucky.)
If I had a setup like that I'd need at least 32 screens never mind 32" screens

Avenga76 said:

!st time I looked in this thread as I use chase but....
W.T.F  !!  :)