Jump to content Jump to content

PLEASE HELP: AI Driver Focus Stat Issues

When I check the driver market I see 90% of the drivers have red focus being in the 40s or lower. My teammate has 20 focus despite having scored points on 3 occasions and only 1 DNF in 9 races. We don't have a great car so it's pretty decent. Lewis Hamilton has 65 focus despite winning 7 of the 9 races. I don't understand how this works and what improves is for the AI, but they are all pretty much poor. And in terms of your teammates the events and/or activities do the bare minimum to raise focus, if you're lucky to even get an activities or event that allows this.  

It needs a revamp or for the activities to improve it a lot more. Or for actually finishing a race in a respectable position relative to your cars performance because most of my AI drivers are in the mud whilst Hamilton is barely happy winning. 

I attached just a select few but a lot more are red: Stroll, Mazepin, Tsunoda, Latifi, Giovinazzi, Ticktum and Swartzman. 

Alonso focus.png

Hamilton focus.png

Leclerc focus.png

Norris focus.png

Ocon focus.png

Ricciardo focus.png

Sainz focus.png

Schumacher focus.png

Verstappen focus.png

Vettel focus.png

depressed Russell focus.png

Edited by Elbi
spelling change
  • Elbi changed the title to PLEASE HELP: AI Driver Focus Stat Issues

@Elbi, I suggest attaching a screenshot of (1) the season report (that page with every driver's position on each race, points, etc) and (2) of the R&D graph showing each team's progress with their car development.

With that in hand I think Codemasters staff would have enough to analyze what is going.

• Agree 1
10 hours ago, Elbi said:

When I check the driver market I see 90% of the drivers have red focus being in the 40s or lower. My teammate has 20 focus despite having scored points on 3 occasions and only 1 DNF in 9 races. We don't have a great car so it's pretty decent. Lewis Hamilton has 65 focus despite winning 7 of the 9 races. I don't understand how this works and what improves is for the AI, but they are all pretty much poor. And in terms of your teammates the events and/or activities do the bare minimum to raise focus, if you're lucky to even get an activities or event that allows this.  

It needs a revamp or for the activities to improve it a lot more. Or for actually finishing a race in a respectable position relative to your cars performance because most of my AI drivers are in the mud whilst Hamilton is barely happy winning. 

I attached just a select few but a lot more are red: Stroll, Mazepin, Tsunoda, Latifi, Giovinazzi, Ticktum and Swartzman. 

Alonso focus.png

Hamilton focus.png

Leclerc focus.png

Norris focus.png

Ocon focus.png

Ricciardo focus.png

Sainz focus.png

Schumacher focus.png

Verstappen focus.png

Vettel focus.png

depressed Russell focus.png

I have noticed the same thing @Elbi. Also interesting comment from you @Cook95, which gave me a thought this could be somehow related to settings we use.

I have everything on reduced (acclaim, r&d, etc.) both for me and AI and I have really low focus for everyone. Could you share your settings, if this could be somehow related to low focus?

@Elbi yes, I do believe it's a bug and probably stems from the game not accounting for the reduced driver and team progress. The screenshots still probably provide the data necessary for the devs to check this out.

3 hours ago, Elbi said:

@GizT7 I also have everything on reduced and thought about this last night. I am going to continue the season with AI Acclaim, resources etc on default and see how it changes. 

Thanks for testing this. If focus will improve after this, we should fill the proper bug report so that devs get notified.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently at Race 3 of season 2 in MyTeam. I have the same issue, every drivers are in the red, below 50.

I use every settings (acclaim, cash flow and stuff like that) on default. And I do not use any assists and simulation damage and everything else turn on, on that front. (I don't think it changes anything to the issue, but rather mention it)

I signed Yuki Tsunoda at the end of season 1. He had 45 focus. And I do everything to boost his focus, and it's dropping every weekend even while doing activities that should boost it. He even scored points on 1 of his 2 race yet.

I even have Fitness Centre at lvl 2 in personnel facility (Which is supposed to boost racecraft, awareness and focus..

This issue is pretty frustrating to be honest, it's as if they added a feature that was completely untested

Edited by DeanGuitarist
Adding precision
  • Agree 1

started another new save left all career setting on default end of second race all drivers angry again every save this happens i get 2 races in they get angry i restart season rinse repeat someone please break the cycle @BarryBL is this a known bug? 

Edited by TwistedWays

Yeah it’s completely broken. I also tried a new save and they’re all just miserable and unfocused after a few races. 

Went back to my main save in season 2 teammate, Mick Schumacher, gets 3rd, 8th, 3rd in the first races and has 17 focus. 

The rest are all below 50. It’s such a poor system and not enough things seem to satisfying the drivers. 

Given up with it tbf. 

Focused on other bugs atm, which is fair but they should definitely be aware of this common issue.  @BarryBL

i think it's like a modifier to see how well they perform to the best of their ability. 

Example: If a driver has 89 Pace and 17 focus, his pace in the actual race wouldn't be as expected at 89 but may be lower as he is less 'focused' etc. 

Same for the other stats: awareness and racecraft. 

• Agree 1

hmmm mine might be starting to do the same thing, after reading this thread i checked my driver market and everyone seems to be a downward trend in focus i hadnt noticed before, apart from it seems the myteam icons, who dont actively race. this definitely needs to he looked at

• Agree 1
19 minutes ago, Blackmoon14 said:

hmmm mine might be starting to do the same thing, after reading this thread i checked my driver market and everyone seems to be a downward trend in focus i hadnt noticed before, apart from it seems the myteam icons, who dont actively race. this definitely needs to he looked at

omg i always activate the icon pack ill have to try a save without activating see if there is any change