Jump to content Jump to content

PLEASE HELP: AI Driver Focus Stat Issues

codemasters have not looked at /dont care about the reports i filed i cannot get 1 response from them on either of the bug reports i filed out so sorry folks im afraid we are stuck with this busted broken game where the single player modes are unplayable thanks for nothing codemasters i try to follow rules file out reports all nice and proper and my reward is to be ignored

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, TwistedWays said:

@Blackmoon14 lol about 10 minutes after writing this barry responded in my actual bug page they are aware of the issue and plan on addressing it in a future update did not say when that would be

woohoo thats great, clearly our extra comments helped move the issue along hahaha

guess ill check back in another 2 weeks and see if i can play yet. seriously my team and online multiplayer are f1 biggest modes both are an absolute mess right now but lets waste our time and resources on the 1 mode everyone will play once just for the achievs and never touch again NO ONE CARES ABOUT BREAKING POINT fix the rest of the game PLEASE 

• Agree 2

It's just a shame.

All players who have played multiple races in myteam mode will see this bug. But not codemaster. It's like they never play their own game ... unbelievable. 😠

I made another try, and depending of the parameter (like default or reduce gain ...) the issue will appears more or less faster.
But in all cases, after somes races or seasons, all active drivers will seen their focus stats fall down. 

In some case it's catastrophique and break all the balance. For example, 2 ferrari drivers will loose their focus in 3 races and will never came back inside first 10 positions after. Or, another case i saw, McLaren drivers will keep their focus stats slitly better than others and win 80% of races after 6 races on saison 1 ...

Edited by La Poubelle
  • A detailed description of the issue.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Every race every drivers focus stat drops 2-3 points per race MINIMUM including the race winner, podium finishers, no way to prevent them from dropping focus.
  • Report Code   N/A
  • Platform? Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? My Team / Driver Career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. 
    • delete and reinstall game.
    • wipe cache (with and without delete and reinstall)
    • reset xbox series x to factory settings
    • 2 separate save files in each mode, exact same issue duplicated with vastly different race results, was going to test more saves, but saw others across all platforms posting same issue here, reddit and other places online.                                                                                                                     
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? could gather if they'll help. But they won't look vastly different than the ones shown above.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • simply play any mode of F1 2021 that takes advantage of the focus stat. If a driver drives in F1 from the beginning of the game they will consistently receive a penalty to their focus stat every race weekend.
    • Behavior seems to be slightly different on drivers who exist in the driver market but are not signed with an F1 team. I do not have the enhanced edition of the game, so I cannot comment on the behavior of the stat on the DLC drivers.
    • Looked for correlations between the race events and results and found no correlation between any of the following events and the variance in how much the stat drops each race:
      • Grid Position vs Finish Position
      • Race performance vs Car performance rating
      • Pit Stop length
      • Driver of the Day Visual and Audio winners
      • Interview questions/answers regarding the team/driver
      • Rivalry status/performance
    • I did not test whether a longer race/session length than 25% would effect the focus drop by amount.

Juuuuust deleted F1 2020 and it looks like I've gotta reinstall it again. All the AI drivers have such low focus by race 5 or 6 of season 2 that you can't get out of a starting grid without a safety car

Also the only modes I really enjoy playing, as I have horrible luck finding matches online that are near my skill level, I seem to either get people that are a second or 2 a lap faster than I am, or where I'm doing that to the field, or they can't keep their cars under control down a straightaway (much like the AI once all their focus stats drop to the 30s and 40s, to be fair)

Hoping that another bump here might be the one we need to get some dev attention on this issue.

• Agree 2
On 8/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, GrogSwiller said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Every race every drivers focus stat drops 2-3 points per race MINIMUM including the race winner, podium finishers, no way to prevent them from dropping focus.
  • Report Code   N/A
  • Platform? Xbox Series X
  • Game-mode? My Team / Driver Career
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. N/A
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? N/A
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. 
    • delete and reinstall game.
    • wipe cache (with and without delete and reinstall)
    • reset xbox series x to factory settings
    • 2 separate save files in each mode, exact same issue duplicated with vastly different race results, was going to test more saves, but saw others across all platforms posting same issue here, reddit and other places online.                                                                                                                     
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? could gather if they'll help. But they won't look vastly different than the ones shown above.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • simply play any mode of F1 2021 that takes advantage of the focus stat. If a driver drives in F1 from the beginning of the game they will consistently receive a penalty to their focus stat every race weekend.
    • Behavior seems to be slightly different on drivers who exist in the driver market but are not signed with an F1 team. I do not have the enhanced edition of the game, so I cannot comment on the behavior of the stat on the DLC drivers.
    • Looked for correlations between the race events and results and found no correlation between any of the following events and the variance in how much the stat drops each race:
      • Grid Position vs Finish Position
      • Race performance vs Car performance rating
      • Pit Stop length
      • Driver of the Day Visual and Audio winners
      • Interview questions/answers regarding the team/driver
      • Rivalry status/performance
    • I did not test whether a longer race/session length than 25% would effect the focus drop by amount.

Juuuuust deleted F1 2020 and it looks like I've gotta reinstall it again. All the AI drivers have such low focus by race 5 or 6 of season 2 that you can't get out of a starting grid without a safety car

Also the only modes I really enjoy playing, as I have horrible luck finding matches online that are near my skill level, I seem to either get people that are a second or 2 a lap faster than I am, or where I'm doing that to the field, or they can't keep their cars under control down a straightaway (much like the AI once all their focus stats drop to the 30s and 40s, to be fair)

Hoping that another bump here might be the one we need to get some dev attention on this issue.

did you post this in bugs section too?

posted everywhere worthwhile, also with my level of faith in EA have requested a refund from Xbox, hopefully the part where Codemasters doesn't seem to care if they melt my brand new top of the line console, and blame me if it happens in the TOS helps me out.