Jump to content Jump to content

Update 0.8 Feedback

DannNimmDenName

negative:
- I´ve driven on a night stage while raining with the Oculus Rift DK2 yesterday and had fluid 75fps. Same stage and weather today with the new update and everytime there are some more trees in sight it begins to stutter. Same with the new tracks, i doesn´t get 75fps consistent anymore and have the game set to medium for most of the options with mi 980ti. 
- New co-driver calls are even worse than the old ones and they where already really bad before. He don´t know what´s the difference between left and right. Often a 5 is slower than a 3, espacially if it´s a diffuclt corner he says right 4 and it´s like a 2 and i´m off the cliff and dead. He calls everything in the same voice like sitting in a chair reading a book for his kids that wan´t to sleep. He just makes me so damn angry that i want to wrack him into the next tree, what happens anyway because he gave me the wrong calls.

positive:
-new stages are awesome, i love the jumps especially with the Rift. Just feels incredible to fly and  hit the road again, what a rollercoaster for my stomach :-D
- forcefeedback seems to have improved again and feels really great now. best forcefeedback till launch!
-great new cars, cockpits loock good, they sound awesome (all cars sound better than in any other racing game) and they are fun to drive

brilliant update, nice stages and details, car beaviour and sounds awesome.. good feeling,
stages are fantastic, but I would want to see the fall trees and bushes a little reworked into green

regarding soudn update: the new Impreza 555 sound is amazing, that typical burning Subaru engine noise , that turbo whistle...simply stunning . 

I really dont like the tarmac physics... looks like the old codemasters games where the car feels like a boat on water! We dont feel the car down in tarmac! :(

In gravel feels better! Really enjoy to drive in gravel! The new cars looks awesome aswell Finland stages!

PLEASE, do not let this tarmac physics in this game! :(

Well, this is interesting. I drive mainly '70s cars and was worried about changes to FFB and physics.

And Codies removed all my setups.

No problem. On one stage in Wales and 2 in Germany I have beaten my previous best times comfortably with the standard setup. The cars feel great on gravel and tarmac.

Well done Codies!
I had an interesting first run on Finland with the Focus 2001, I took a jump so fast when I landed the car got a tire puncture, did not expect that, was trying to look into the tire pressure advanced setup option but realised it's not there, so I did some tinkering with the dampers, I think I just need to adjust them in order to get it right, Focus tends to lean forward a bit on jumps.
So far it's been great on gravel. I don't know if it is because I got used to it, but I liked how the cars handled more twitchy on tarmac before, and snow was harder as well. Tarmac and snow were more of a challenge and in my ignorance maybe more realistic before.
Briefly tested yesterday. Overall it's great to see Finland in the game and overall they have done good job, Haven't driven enough to say something about new physics. Great to see new cars, new custom championship options are also great, those rallies were getting really long.

Some thoughts about stages.
- Road line seems to be exaggerated, like someone said, it's Ouninpohja on steroids. Jumps and crests seem to be  a bit steeper or larger than in real life. For example in game there's a jump in famous Kakaristo junction just before the tight right hander on top of the hill. In reality cars never jump there. Been there numerous times doing Norf photoshooting.
- There should be more ditches, deeper and not so "clean". In reality quite often when you drop in to a ditch, it's game over.
- Autumn colors, as all the other events in Dirt rally look correct seasonally, why not Finland?
- Stage names are mostly spelled wrong with inconsistent use of Ä. Jämsä is correct but most other names are missing Ä's. 
- A bit disappointed having only one stage cut in half. Would have been nice to have second, more narrow and technical stage. It's like German rally missing those wineyard stages.  This was of course expected, but hopefully we'll see a dlc sometime in future.

Anyway, I do like Dirt Rally, Well done Codemasters.
Finland: Did a custom championship in the new subaru, was wonderful :-) Did notice some off pace notes though, most turns were as expected but some really did catch me off guard. Were some places where the pace notes were "over crest over crest over crest over crest left 3 over crest over crest" and I was like... which crest was the one with the turn again? Also most, 3/4 turns were predictable, but those odd 3s that are more like a 2 over a crest really kills me.

Star of the show really is the v2 handling. I continued on my Kadett championship, and it was notiecably more "alive". On wales I felt I had much more control over smaller slides, and I could throttle steer in a much better way. Then it was time for germany, and I was in driving heaven :-) I thought tarmac handling was fine before, but this was just soooooo much better. It was no longer "if you slide you're dead", stepping the rear out in a corner was doable, and I felt like I had much more information on grip. 
I dont know what to say...

Maybe is to soon to get some clear conclusions, but, I dont like the feeling of "gravity" in the new V2 cars.

And I think all changes are based on this, on how vertical force affects on cars handling and its response.

I´m almost 100% sure gravity was reduced on some cars as I can get too much longer jumps on determined well known spots...

I have to drive much more to get used to new stuff. Maybe my first bad perception is just matter of "getting used to it"

Other than that I love the update. Amazing work with Finland stages and new cars.
iltavilli said:

Some thoughts about stages.
- A bit disappointed having only one stage cut in half. Would have been nice to have second, more narrow and technical stage. It's like German rally missing those wineyard stages.  This was of course expected, but hopefully we'll see a dlc sometime in future.

Anyway, I do like Dirt Rally, Well done Codemasters.
My disappointment too.
There are only two great long different stages @ each country..all the rest is just a part or reverse from the long stages.
If you are familiar with the two long stages off each country you will quickly recognize the sprint stages.
It surely can not be that hard to make fictional stages as long as they are difference.

Doohie said:
It surely can not be that hard to make fictional stages as long as they are difference
It's not about it being hard, but about being time consuming. Some things just take a very long time to make, tracks are just that thing. They can't just put a wall and a texture of a forest on it like they did in early days, amount of hate for that would be bigger than the infamous trees in Gran Turismo 5 xD
G37L057 said:
Doohie said:
It surely can not be that hard to make fictional stages as long as they are difference
It's not about it being hard, but about being time consuming. Some things just take a very long time to make, tracks are just that thing. They can't just put a wall and a texture of a forest on it like they did in early days, amount of hate for that would be bigger than the infamous trees in Gran Turismo 5 xD
I don't want to hate, but right now those walls are replaced with auto reset ;)
snip...

Dytut said:
"Finland: Did a custom championship in the new subaru
..."
Custom Championship.!!
How did you manage to select finland.??

Maybe i've missed something.
I cannot find a way to select specific stages or countries, only the number of events/countries and 'oc the difficulty.
As i was saying... selecting the number of stages and events with your chosen car, just leads to me getting stages and countries that
DR randomly picks for me.

eg. i would like to choose to drive only the longest stages(2+2 Reverse) of the 5 countries we have(20 total).
Or say... only finland(2+2 reverse).

As it stands right now, there's no way for me to do this.
As always, any help would be appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------------
As for the update...
Overall the finland stages look good, but realistically speaking...
2 stages per country(ok we have reverse to) is pretty woeful.
This probably works out round about 20-25km if, you're lucky.

SBT... DR's severely lacking in content in the stages dept.
Finland = awesome!
New cars = awesome!
New physics = awesome!
No-vsync-jitter finally fixed = awesome!

Custom championships are great too, but I really wish I could choose the locations.For example, I wanted to have a Wales-Greece-Finland championship, tried my luck and made a 3-event championship, and of course it was Germany-Monte Carlo-Greece. But that one improvement not being quite as good as I hoped is my only "complaint" tells a lot. Fantastic update, thank you so much!

edit: well I have another complaint. With the updated physics, I don't want to play the old physics classes anymore! I want to drive my 037 and Manta and Metro and 555, but they don't feel right anymore. Fix that!

Archived