Jump to content Jump to content

What do you do with your money in My Team?


Recommended Posts

I'm at my 5th season and I've fully developed all my R&D departments, and my car. 25+ team acclaim so I have 4 sponsors.

Building up resources points ready for new regulations to come, but it doesn't cost money.

My point being, what do we need the money for from that point onwards?

I have like +400M $ and it just keeps growing and growing because I have nothing left to invest in. Yeah, I can afford signing Hamilton or Verstappen, so what?

And that guy goes on and on saying that we have our money sitting there and we have to invest it!

Edited by rayloriga
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Still to start MyTeam mode because I'm waiting for the new tracks to come out (Im portuguese, my team will represent Portugal so I want to drive in Portimao).

But in last year I'm pretty sure that everyone got the same problem, just like me.

How do you have the money income for you? Did you change it or remain on default the whole career?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Still to start MyTeam mode because I'm waiting for the new tracks to come out (Im portuguese, my team will represent Portugal so I want to drive in Portimao).

But in last year I'm pretty sure that everyone got the same problem, just like me.

How do you have the money income for you? Did you change it or remain on default the whole career?

At first is hard as you are a new team, very little acclaim and sponsors, car performance, etc. But after two or three seasons, if you've managed well enough, you have full 4 sponsors, money from your constructor's championship position, money from your main sponsor, all R&D tier 3 and fully developed parts, and that's when you have way too much money and nothing to spend it on.

Having 4 sponsors alone means something in the region of 2M$ per week, and if you have only expenses maintaining your R&D departments, you are going to save a lot of money.

Besides, once I got 25 team acclaim and all tier 3 R&D and developed parts, I shut them down as they weren't necessary, so more saving yet. Lowering your income from the start ("decreased") only helps to some extent, but in the end saving money is very easy anyway.

Edited by rayloriga
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rayloriga said:

At first is hard as you are a new team, very little acclaim and sponsors, car performance, etc. But after two or three seasons, if you've managed well enough, you have full 4 sponsors, money from your constructor's championship position, money from your main sponsor, all R&D tier 3 and fully developed parts, and that's when you have way too much money and nothing to spend it on.

Having 4 sponsors alone means something in the region of 2M$ per week, and if you have only expenses maintaining your R&D departments, you are going to save a lot of money.

Besides, once I got 25 team acclaim and all tier 3 R&D and developed parts, I shut them down as they weren't necessary, so more saving yet. Lowering your income from the start ("decreased") only helps to some extent, but in the end saving money is very easy anyway.

Ye I believe that even with decreased income after some seasons you're probably already have a lot of moeny to spend with nothing to spend on it. 

They really need to add more things to spend the money, like changing different parts of the car like the nose, sidepods, rear wing using money. That maybe could help on having so much cash.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Something simple like a cosmetic change to the nose would be cool, does not even need to affect performance. New nose style development  $2-4m would be fine 

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rayloriga said:

I'm at my 5th season and I've fully developed all my R&D departments, and my car. 25+ team acclaim so I have 4 sponsors.

Building up resources points ready for new regulations to come, but it doesn't cost money.

My point being, what do we need the money for from that point onwards?

I have like +400M $ and it just keeps growing and growing because I have nothing left to invest in. Yeah, I can afford signing Hamilton or Verstappen, so what?

And that guy goes on and on saying that we have our money sitting there and we have to invest it!

How on earth can you be already in the 5th season 😳 i am just at the end of my first one

 

But yeah the money issue i had in 2020 as well in the 5th season even in the 4th i think

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Still to start MyTeam mode because I'm waiting for the new tracks to come out (Im portuguese, my team will represent Portugal so I want to drive in Portimao).

But in last year I'm pretty sure that everyone got the same problem, just like me.

How do you have the money income for you? Did you change it or remain on default the whole career?

Just to check, you know you can start your MyTeam mode and you''ll be able to add Imola, Portimao and Jeddah to the calendar after they're patch in, don't you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

How on earth can you be already in the 5th season 😳 i am just at the end of my first one

 

But yeah the money issue i had in 2020 as well in the 5th season even in the 4th i think

I'm just focused on my team atm. Plus, first three seasons I just did 5 laps races. Now I'm at 25%

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blent said:

Just to check, you know you can start your MyTeam mode and you''ll be able to add Imola, Portimao and Jeddah to the calendar after they're patch in, don't you?

This, but you can only do it between seasons, IIRC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blent said:

Just to check, you know you can start your MyTeam mode and you''ll be able to add Imola, Portimao and Jeddah to the calendar after they're patch in, don't you?

Yes I know just want to play Portugal all 10 seasons because probably I'll be too fast endind the seasons xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TomAAA said:

Something simple like a cosmetic change to the nose would be cool, does not even need to affect performance. New nose style development  $2-4m would be fine 

Yap! Great Idea!

I would even go further...

for every crash, DNF, or damaged parts you should pay.

every development of new parts should also costs money not only rep points.

Events: Your facility needs to be renovated etc.

Rule changes: should sometimes (random) hit you really hard that you suddenly in the back again. (now we know at the end of a season, we should have some rep points for rule changes...but a random event like : you need 30 Mio to change your car not only 5k rep...would be amazing).

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Isn't that already included? I think it is. However the cost to pay for the damage is kinda low. 

Yeah, I think it calculates that for you (at least in MT mode) after the race when it's adding in your acclaim and sponsor bonuses, etc. Haven't run enough races or kept track of what sort of damage I had to correlate to the costs, but they did seem a little low. I'd be curious to see someone's breakdown of a season's worth or so.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'd be inclined to start a new My Team save but with the new customisation options adjusted to slow progress.

Even with slow progress they seem to develop the car pretty fast IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

They could have a hacker wipe you out (mention in ame already) then have regulations hit multiple departments about the same time. Just an idea.

 

 

Talking about regulation changes, that should be harder to. For the player it's pretty easy to adapt the parts and with that your car doesn't take a big hit. 

Can't remember a single time I failed to adapt an upgrade that was changing because of the regulation change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...